Uninstall/Reinstall issue with last update

COLB
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Uninstall/Reinstall issue with last update

Post by COLB » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:05 pm

The answer to my problem of not being able to play after the last update was to uninstall and reinstall FoGII. I have the FoGII disk, so that was not a problem. But how do I reinstall all the add on games I have purchased for which I do not have the disk. I have the serial numbers for Immortal Fire and Legions Triumphant. I know I have others.

Thanks

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Uninstall/Reinstall issue with last update

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:46 pm

VPaulus wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:15 am
Please do the following:
1. Uninstall the game
2. Download the last game installer file v1.5.12. from the Member's Area (* see below)
3. Install the game
4. When asked to insert the serial number, please click in the drop down menu "Select a New Product to Install... " and select "Field of Glory II".
Type your "Field of Glory"serial number.
5. Click in the button "Check Serial".
You should see then the name "Field of Glory II" being added to the list of games displayed in the box named "Setup as detected a valid serial number for:".
6. Repeat step 4 and 5 for unlocking all your other DLCs.
7. Then click on the "Next" button in order to proceed with the installation of the base game and your DLCs.
* https://www.slitherine.com/members/priv ... sp?gid=651

You want the Field of Glory II PC Installer
Version v.1.5.12 (30 MAY 2019)

If you ever need to uninstall and install again in the future, you should do so using the latest version from the Members Area and not the CD (which is now way out of date).
Richard Bodley Scott

mceochaidh
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by mceochaidh » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:12 pm

Cannot seem to re-install base game. I have uninstalled the base game and beta for Wolves. Then I went to my products on the Slitherine site. I press Core under downloads opposite the game Field of Glory 2. The file downloads to my computer. I have been using 7-Zip for all downloads since FOG2 came out. Once file down loads, 7Zip shows file. I click on file and it copies, then the installer for FOG2 asks if I want to proceed. I say yes and the installer asks which file. I choose FOG2 and it then asks for serial (I presume this is the same as the license key in My Products). I use this key. I get message that serial number is invalid. I have tried this procedure multiple times and get the same result.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mac

mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:18 pm

I forget to mention that when I press core to download the base game, it takes me to a screen with three choices. The second or middle choice says Field of Glory II PC Installer, version 1.5.12 30 May 2019. I choose Primary Server HTTP and hit download. This seems to be a new screen since I last downloaded from the My Games section.

Mac

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:59 pm

mceochaidh wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:12 pm
Cannot seem to re-install base game. I have uninstalled the base game and beta for Wolves. Then I went to my products on the Slitherine site. I press Core under downloads opposite the game Field of Glory 2. The file downloads to my computer. I have been using 7-Zip for all downloads since FOG2 came out. Once file down loads, 7Zip shows file. I click on file and it copies, then the installer for FOG2 asks if I want to proceed. I say yes and the installer asks which file. I choose FOG2 and it then asks for serial (I presume this is the same as the license key in My Products). I use this key. I get message that serial number is invalid. I have tried this procedure multiple times and get the same result.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mac
Hmm, not sure what is going on here.

If there is an issue with your serial key, you may need to discuss things directly with support by emailing support@slitherine.co.uk
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:01 pm

mceochaidh wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:18 pm
I forget to mention that when I press core to download the base game, it takes me to a screen with three choices. The second or middle choice says Field of Glory II PC Installer, version 1.5.12 30 May 2019.
That is the one.
Richard Bodley Scott

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:24 am

mceochaidh wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:12 pm
I choose FOG2 and it then asks for serial (I presume this is the same as the license key in My Products). I use this key. I get message that serial number is invalid. I have tried this procedure multiple times and get the same result.
Make sure you type in the serial number in manually via the keyboard and not to copy and paste the serial only you could be copying not only the serial number but the white spaces on either side of the serial number.

JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:28 am

Hello Mac,

I'm sorry you are having problems with this. Sorry, but it does sound like you are doing this correctly, but you may be using the wrong key or not entering this correctly. Can you email us at support@slitherine.co.uk where we can assist with this, and when you do can you provide a screenshot showing the screen with the serial entered, so we can confirm you are accessing this correctly?

mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:54 pm

Base game and DLC's are all installed and working.

Thanks for the help!

Mac

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”