Civil Wars and Semi-Civil Wars

MPHopcroft1
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Civil Wars and Semi-Civil Wars

Post by MPHopcroft1 »

This isn't something I have the expertise to do properly, but I'm wondering how well the system handles civil wars or wars that are between two armies that are essentially the same. One obvious example is the wars described in the Old Testament of the Christian Bible between the two kingdoms of Isreal and Judah, who had split apart from the single kingdom is Isreal and, when not fighting off the more powerful empires of Neo-Assyria and Babylon (a task that ultimately proved futile) were occupied with fighting each other. Another is the numerous wars and battles between the Greek city-states before the Macedonian conquest and Alexander.

I wonder how that works in the editor.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: Civil Wars and Semi-Civil Wars

Post by Paul59 »

I don't quite understand your question, but I will have a go at answering it.

In the Editor you are free to pick any nation for the two sides, and any units that you want for those two sides. If you choose the same nation for the two sides, they will be differentiated in the game by the suffix (A) and (B).

So if you choose both sides to be Roman, one side will be shown as Roman (A) and the other as Roman (B). If you are not happy with that, you can change the names to whatever you want by editing a text file. For instance for a Phillipi 42 BC scenario you could have this in a numbered text file:

IDS_SIDENAME_0,"Triumvirs",
IDS_SIDENAME_1,"Liberators",

So there is no limitation on representing civil war type scenarios.

cheers

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
MPHopcroft1

Post by MPHopcroft1 »

Thank you for our response. That does pretty much cover what I'm asking concerning Hebrew vs Hebrew and Romans vs Romans.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Please note that the text files are not normal text files, they are Unicode files.

Normal .txt files won't work correctly in the game.

Most software does not have the ability to create Unicode .txt files, so the easiest way to make one is to copy one of the .txt files from the game and strip out the contents.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Scenario Design”