Extra quick battles

Rodia
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Extra quick battles

Post by Rodia » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:38 am

I've added some new quick battles to FOG2 by copying the folders "0Hypothetical" and "1QuickBattlesImmortalFire" from "\Campaigns" to "My Documents\My Games\FieldOfGlory2\CAMPAIGNS", and modifying them.

Everything is working fine but I got two questions:

1) Now the quick battles menu shows two instances of "Quick Battles: Rise of Rome" and "Quick Battles: Immortal Fire". Is there a way for the modded folders to load over the original ones, without overwriting the original content?

2) One of the quick battles I've added is Spartan 550-461 BC vs Greek 550-461 BC. The problem is that there is already a quick battle between these two nations using the 460-281 BC armies, and so the IDS_HYPO_GreekSpartan and IDS_HYPO_SpartanGreek are already in use. How can I put a new text (ie "Peloponnesian War 460 BC") while keeping the original "Peloponnesian War 420 BC" for the default Spartan-Greek quick battle?

BTW, the other battles I've added are Roman vs Roman, Greek vs Greek, and Greek vs Syracusan.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Extra quick battles

Post by rbodleyscott » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:50 am

Rodia wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:38 am
I've added some new quick battles to FOG2 by copying the folders "0Hypothetical" and "1QuickBattlesImmortalFire" from "\Campaigns" to "My Documents\My Games\FieldOfGlory2\CAMPAIGNS", and modifying them.

Everything is working fine but I got two questions:

1) Now the quick battles menu shows two instances of "Quick Battles: Rise of Rome" and "Quick Battles: Immortal Fire". Is there a way for the modded folders to load over the original ones, without overwriting the original content?
No, but you can easily change the names of the modded versions. Just change the string after IDS_CAMPAIGN_NAME, in Text1.txt in the modded folder.
2) One of the quick battles I've added is Spartan 550-461 BC vs Greek 550-461 BC. The problem is that there is already a quick battle between these two nations using the 460-281 BC armies, and so the IDS_HYPO_GreekSpartan and IDS_HYPO_SpartanGreek are already in use. How can I put a new text (ie "Peloponnesian War 460 BC") while keeping the original "Peloponnesian War 420 BC" for the default Spartan-Greek quick battle?
Just change the chunk name of the second version in the Hypothetical.txt file to something different. e.g. [GreekSpartan2]. Then the string tag would be IDS_HYPO_GreekSpartan2
Richard Bodley Scott

Rodia
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Extra quick battles

Post by Rodia » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:07 pm

Thank you for answering, I'm gonna try your solutions.

Very nice game, I must say.

Can't wait for next DLCs ! :D

Return to “Field of Glory II: Modding”