Battle AAR: Battle 01: Spartan 550-461 BC vs Greek 550 - 461

Temple
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Battle AAR: Battle 01: Spartan 550-461 BC vs Greek 550 - 461

Post by Temple »

I've got another AAR, but rather than doing a bunch of posts and uploads, it is going to be available as a PDF. The reason for that is because I've been doing an AAR for myself in Microsoft OneNote, writing up turn action and incorporating screenshots. And it turns out that I can export that OneNote item as a PDF. So I've uploaded it to my Dropbox account and the file is available here.

Important! Because of the way OneNote does page breaks, the captions for images aren't always on the same page. For consistency's sake I have followed the format of text before image. If you see an image, the text right before it is what is associated with it.

Please let me know what you do and don't like about this method.

Also, I've uploaded a version of the write-up as a .mht type file, which is a Microsoft single file web page. It looks prettier than the PDF, but since it can only (apparently) be viewed in Internet Explorer, it might have limited value.

Again, let me know what you think about this.
roguedjack
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Battle AAR: Battle 01: Spartan 550-461 BC vs Greek 550 -

Post by roguedjack »

The PDF format looks fine.

Tense staredown on the stream! A few more turns and you would have probably won. You selected your initial fights more carefully and built local advantages.

I don't want to be annoying but I'm not sure you were using my mod, because I can see the AI deployed its second spears line 3 tiles behind 1st first (which is what vanilla does), while my mod deploy its 2nd line 2 tiles behind the 1st and I see no reason it did not do that (no rough terrain to avoid).
If you are doing successive custom battles, remember to reselect the mod at each battle setup, it defaults back to the vanilla mod each time. I often forget to do that :oops:

Not the sure the end result would have been much different, because the stream is such an issue for the AI anyway.
"Rise Of AI" AI mod for Field Of Glory II
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=477&t=102040
Temple

Re: Battle AAR: Battle 01: Spartan 550-461 BC vs Greek 550 -

Post by Temple »

roguedjack wrote:The PDF format looks fine.

Tense staredown on the stream! A few more turns and you would have probably won. You selected your initial fights more carefully and built local advantages.

I don't want to be annoying but I'm not sure you were using my mod, because I can see the AI deployed its second spears line 3 tiles behind 1st first (which is what vanilla does), while my mod deploy its 2nd line 2 tiles behind the 1st and I see no reason it did not do that (no rough terrain to avoid).
If you are doing successive custom battles, remember to reselect the mod at each battle setup, it defaults back to the vanilla mod each time. I often forget to do that :oops:

Not the sure the end result would have been much different, because the stream is such an issue for the AI anyway.
Thanks for the feedback on the format. And thanks for the info on selecting the mod each time, I think I was just selecting it each time I started the game :roll:

Return to “Field of Glory II: After Action Reports”