Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

cromlechi
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Posts: 485
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by cromlechi » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:56 pm

Schweetness101 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:29 pm
cromlechi wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:19 pm
It doesn't work, think we are using different mods. I downloaded the mod at the beginning of this thread.

Best wishes
Adam
you should both download and install again to ensure that you have the latest version of the mod. Are you both able to host multiplayer games, and play singleplayer custom games, with the mod, but just can't accept one another's game in multiplayer?
Thanks, we are up and running now.

edb1815
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:28 pm
Location: Delaware, USA

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by edb1815 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:23 pm

Challenge is up for random27

PSW: Pike

Schweetness101
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:12 am

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by Schweetness101 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:47 am

DanZanzibar wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:12 am
ulysisgrunt wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:18 am
Challenge for DanZanzibar
PW:DanZanzibar
I think you're using the global version of the mod and that is why I can't accept your game. I will post the game again (same pw) and I think you will need to make sure you have the mod from the beginning of this thread downloaded to accept it.
did you manage to get your game up and running?

DanZanzibar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:29 am

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by DanZanzibar » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:30 pm

Schweetness101 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:47 am
DanZanzibar wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:12 am
ulysisgrunt wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:18 am
Challenge for DanZanzibar
PW:DanZanzibar
I think you're using the global version of the mod and that is why I can't accept your game. I will post the game again (same pw) and I think you will need to make sure you have the mod from the beginning of this thread downloaded to accept it.
did you manage to get your game up and running?
Yep.

Schweetness101
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:12 am

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by Schweetness101 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:36 pm

DanZanzibar wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:30 pm
Schweetness101 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:47 am
DanZanzibar wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:12 am


I think you're using the global version of the mod and that is why I can't accept your game. I will post the game again (same pw) and I think you will need to make sure you have the mod from the beginning of this thread downloaded to accept it.
did you manage to get your game up and running?
Yep.
great!

hscic
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:21 pm

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by hscic » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:16 am

Hy Schweetness.
For your info, after launching a match from "My Turn" tray I got this message of error:
"The scripts or other data being used by your opponent do not match yours. You should contact the other player to ask why their data is different.
It is recommended you abandon the game and report the issue on the forum."
Apart from that the MOD seems to work properly.
Hscic

Schweetness101
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:12 am

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by Schweetness101 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:42 am

hscic wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:16 am
Hy Schweetness.
For your info, after launching a match from "My Turn" tray I got this message of error:
"The scripts or other data being used by your opponent do not match yours. You should contact the other player to ask why their data is different.
It is recommended you abandon the game and report the issue on the forum."
Apart from that the MOD seems to work properly.
Hscic
yes, these means one of you has an outdated version of the mod. If you installed it prior to around 9:00AM MST on July 31st, then please re-download and reinstall (same link).

edb1815
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:28 pm
Location: Delaware, USA

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by edb1815 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:28 pm

Schweetness101 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:42 am
hscic wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:16 am
Hy Schweetness.
For your info, after launching a match from "My Turn" tray I got this message of error:
"The scripts or other data being used by your opponent do not match yours. You should contact the other player to ask why their data is different.
It is recommended you abandon the game and report the issue on the forum."
Apart from that the MOD seems to work properly.
Hscic
yes, these means one of you has an outdated version of the mod. If you installed it prior to around 9:00AM MST on July 31st, then please re-download and reinstall (same link).
The same thing happened in one of the two matches I have with random27. He updated after starting the first game. It appears we are able to play it but we have only had movement so far. The trouble is with the mirror matches we'd have to start both over again. Could we continue and see what happens or should we just restart both?

That leads to my next point. I think a week for the matches may be too short. This is an issue with EU vs US or AUS v US matches were maybe only one or two rounds of turns gets exchanged per day.

Schweetness101
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:12 am

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by Schweetness101 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:07 pm

edb1815 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:28 pm
Schweetness101 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:42 am
hscic wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:16 am
Hy Schweetness.
For your info, after launching a match from "My Turn" tray I got this message of error:
"The scripts or other data being used by your opponent do not match yours. You should contact the other player to ask why their data is different.
It is recommended you abandon the game and report the issue on the forum."
Apart from that the MOD seems to work properly.
Hscic
yes, these means one of you has an outdated version of the mod. If you installed it prior to around 9:00AM MST on July 31st, then please re-download and reinstall (same link).
The same thing happened in one of the two matches I have with random27. He updated after starting the first game. It appears we are able to play it but we have only had movement so far. The trouble is with the mirror matches we'd have to start both over again. Could we continue and see what happens or should we just restart both?

That leads to my next point. I think a week for the matches may be too short. This is an issue with EU vs US or AUS v US matches were maybe only one or two rounds of turns gets exchanged per day.
is it no longer giving you the script error? so long as the script error is gone, it is fine to proceed with the game, even if it was present at an earlier turn. All that error means is that there was some disparity in scripts, even a single line, but between recent versions of the mod that would only mean some UI adjustments on the unit selection screen, nothing that would have affected your actual gameplay so far.

Yes, you are probably right that 1 week is too short, let's see how long it takes for scores to start coming in and we can adjust from there. Perhaps 2 weeks per round would be more appropriate.

gamercb
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by gamercb » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:38 pm

I have had a few blank boxes appear when playing. Do you know what they should be saying? Anyone else seeing this.
Screen_00000008.jpg
Screen_00000008.jpg (510.95 KiB) Viewed 425 times
Colin

Schweetness101
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:12 am

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by Schweetness101 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:34 pm

gamercb wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:38 pm
I have had a few blank boxes appear when playing. Do you know what they should be saying? Anyone else seeing this.

Screen_00000008.jpg
Colin
interesting, I have not seen that one before. Are you getting any script mismatch errors? Do the boxes appear every turn? At turn start?

edb1815
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:28 pm
Location: Delaware, USA

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by edb1815 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:29 pm

Schweetness101 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:07 pm
edb1815 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:28 pm
Schweetness101 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:42 am


yes, these means one of you has an outdated version of the mod. If you installed it prior to around 9:00AM MST on July 31st, then please re-download and reinstall (same link).
The same thing happened in one of the two matches I have with random27. He updated after starting the first game. It appears we are able to play it but we have only had movement so far. The trouble is with the mirror matches we'd have to start both over again. Could we continue and see what happens or should we just restart both?

That leads to my next point. I think a week for the matches may be too short. This is an issue with EU vs US or AUS v US matches were maybe only one or two rounds of turns gets exchanged per day.
is it no longer giving you the script error? so long as the script error is gone, it is fine to proceed with the game, even if it was present at an earlier turn. All that error means is that there was some disparity in scripts, even a single line, but between recent versions of the mod that would only mean some UI adjustments on the unit selection screen, nothing that would have affected your actual gameplay so far.

Yes, you are probably right that 1 week is too short, let's see how long it takes for scores to start coming in and we can adjust from there. Perhaps 2 weeks per round would be more appropriate.
Thanks. We are continuing with our matches.

Schweetness101
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:12 am

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by Schweetness101 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:33 pm

edb1815 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:29 pm
...
Thanks. We are continuing with our matches.
fantastic!

Cunningcairn
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:05 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by Cunningcairn » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:55 pm

SawyerK vs Cunningcairn Game1 Results

Cunningcairn Won 50% to 43% and Lost 45% to 15%

Cunningcairn 82 points
SawyerK 140 points

Schweetness101
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:12 am

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by Schweetness101 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:19 pm

Cunningcairn wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:55 pm
SawyerK vs Cunningcairn Game1 Results

Cunningcairn Won 50% to 43% and Lost 45% to 15%

Cunningcairn 82 points
SawyerK 140 points
thanks for reporting! Very important note on scores though: because you win auto win 50% rather than 60%, the final points should be 50 points (not 60 points) plus the difference between the enemy % routed and his own % routed. The loser should still score points equal to the winner's % routed.

It is my fault for just pasting the vanilla tournament games numbers there without adjusting for the new victory conditions. Apologies.

Your score should then instead be I think:

Cunningcairn Won 50% to 43% and Lost 45% to 15%

Cunningcairn: 50 + 7 and 15 = 72
SawyerK: 50 + 30 and 43 = 123

maybe check me on my math in case I made a mistake or I mistook the report.

TomoeGozen
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:37 pm

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by TomoeGozen » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:59 pm

Round 1 results TomoeGozen vs wmpryor.

Game 1
wmpryor(Gallic) draws with TomoeGozen (Macedonian) 33-27. ie: 33% losses for Macedonians , 27% losses for Gauls

Game 2
wmpryor(Macedonian) beats TomoeGozen(Gallic) 50-41.

Game 1 went to the end , came 2 very nearly so , all because of a deep stream right down the middle of the battlefield. Most of both games involved trying to maneouver around the flanks with out getting caught :-) In hindsight we should have re rolled the battlefield but neither of us really appreciated how much of a problem it would be...
Two interesting games though.

gamercb
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by gamercb » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:43 pm

Schweetness101 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:34 pm
gamercb wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:38 pm
I have had a few blank boxes appear when playing. Do you know what they should be saying? Anyone else seeing this.

Screen_00000008.jpg
Colin
interesting, I have not seen that one before. Are you getting any script mismatch errors? Do the boxes appear every turn? At turn start?
I have not had any script mismatch errors and I have only seen this 3 or 4 times in all the turns we have played. I think they have appeared after combat but I was not taking a lot of notice at the time so I cannot say why. It is such a small box it could not have many words in it.

ianiow
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1129
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:24 am
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by ianiow » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:28 am

Round 1

ianiow (Gauls) defeated MikeC (Macedon) 42 - 10
ianiow (Macedon) defeated MikeC (Gauls) 47 - 17

DanZanzibar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:29 am

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by DanZanzibar » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:04 am

gamercb wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:43 pm
Schweetness101 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:34 pm
gamercb wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:38 pm
I have had a few blank boxes appear when playing. Do you know what they should be saying? Anyone else seeing this.

Screen_00000008.jpg
Colin
interesting, I have not seen that one before. Are you getting any script mismatch errors? Do the boxes appear every turn? At turn start?
I have not had any script mismatch errors and I have only seen this 3 or 4 times in all the turns we have played. I think they have appeared after combat but I was not taking a lot of notice at the time so I cannot say why. It is such a small box it could not have many words in it.
I have seen this 5 or 6 times so far in my first game with the mod. Always after a unit is broken by close combat.

Schweetness101
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:12 am

Re: Alternative Gameplay Mod Tournament

Post by Schweetness101 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:53 am

DanZanzibar wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:04 am
gamercb wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:43 pm
Schweetness101 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:34 pm


interesting, I have not seen that one before. Are you getting any script mismatch errors? Do the boxes appear every turn? At turn start?
I have not had any script mismatch errors and I have only seen this 3 or 4 times in all the turns we have played. I think they have appeared after combat but I was not taking a lot of notice at the time so I cannot say why. It is such a small box it could not have many words in it.
I have seen this 5 or 6 times so far in my first game with the mod. Always after a unit is broken by close combat.
have you noticed it in any singleplayer games with the mod, or only multiplayer games? only if the unit is broken during your active turn, or during replay? does it every say anything? what happens when you click the button?

Post Reply

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”