The West is No More (476 AD) - Tournament 1: Abandoned

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: The West is No More (476 AD) - Tournament 1

Post by tyronec »

The battle where I played with my major faction there was no FP adjustment, so I had a larger army than I should have had.
olin0111
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by olin0111 »

I applied the adjustment to every battle where it was applicable, I believe (i.e. to my Romans and peterpiper's Ostrogoths).
MadMaxBot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by MadMaxBot »

FP adjustments were applied on my battles
tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by tyronec »

Just wondering where things stand with this round, are you going to allow for a time extension or call an end to outstanding battles in some way ?
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kronenblatt »

tyronec wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:29 pm Just wondering where things stand with this round, are you going to allow for a time extension or call an end to outstanding battles in some way ?
EDIT: I think we're good to go, I've just been waiting for peterpiper as defender to report the result of battle #3.
peterpiper wrote:
=> as defender please report the battle result.
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
peterpiper
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by peterpiper »

the Visigoths beat the Suevians 58-24
kronenblatt

Round 2 (480 AD): administration

Post by kronenblatt »

So now all battles from attack declarations are concluded, with the following outcomes
1. Conquest in IX Dacia: olin0111 as East Rome attacks peterpiper as Ostrogoths. => Ostrogoths (11% incurred) beat East Rome (47%).
2. Conquest in III Sicilia: Aetius39 as Italy attacks CaptainWalterSavage as Vandals. => Vandals (42% incurred) beat Italy (28%), due to C-in-C falling in battle.
3. Conquest in XXI Baetica: kronenblatt as Suevians attacks peterpiper as Visigoths. => Visigoths (24% incurred) beat Suevians (58%).
4. Annexation in XXVI Mauretania: CaptainWalterSavage as Vandals attacks MadMaxBot as Moors. => Annexation in Mauretania: Moors (39% incurred) draw with Vandals (37%).
5a. Annexation in XXII Anglia: tyronec as Franks attacks Aetius39 as Anglo-Saxons. => Franks (3% incurred) beat Anglo-Saxons (44%).
5b. Annexation in XXII Anglia: tyronec as Soissons attacks olin0111 as Anglo-Saxons. => Soissons (48% incurred) beat Anglo-Saxons (66%).
6. Conquest in VII Pannonia: MadMaxBot as West Rome attacks kronenblatt as Gepids. => West Rome (7% incurred) beat Gepids (45%).
7. Foreign invasion in XVI Oriens: peterpiper as Persia attacks olin0111 as East Rome. => Persia (18% incurred) beat East Rome (38%), due to C-in-C falling in battle.

Resulting changes to province control
1. Ostrogoths gains full control over Dacia from East Rome.
2. Vandals gains full control over Sicilia from Italy, and since Odoacer (Italy's C-in-C) fell in battle, Italy becomes vassal of Vandals and also cedes Aemilia to Vandals.
3. Visigoths gains full control over Gallaecia from Suevians.
5. Franks gains control over Anglia and may choose Anglo-Saxons as allies.
6. West Rome gains full control over Pannonia from Gepids, causing Gepids to become vassal of West Rome and its province returned.
7. Persia gains full control over Oriens from East Rome.

Overlords and vassals
  • Franks: overlord of Soissons.
  • West Rome: overlord of Gepids.
  • Vandals: overlord of Italy.

Allies
  • Franks: may from now on choose Anglo-Saxons as allies, thanks to their control of Anglia.

Other changes
  • Since at least one C-in-C of one of the twelve major factions (East Rome and Italy) fell in battle this round, all players will select new major factions (see next post).
  • Italy becomes vassal of Vandals due to Odoacer, Italy's C-in-C falling in battle and the special rule of Italy (page 4 of rules).
FP adjustments and aggregated scores (previous round's score within brackets)
1. tyronec: 17 (FP adjustment) 1.8 ( 0.8 ) (score)
2. MadMaxBot: 13 (FP adjustment) 2.8 ( 1.4 ) (score)
3. peterpiper: 9 (FP adjustment) 2.4 ( 0.4 ) (score)
4. Aetius39: -8 (FP adjustment) 0.2 ( 1.2 ) (score)
5. CaptainWalterSavage: -22 (FP adjustment) -0.4 ( -0.8 ) (score)
6. kronenblatt: -38 (FP adjustment) 0.6 ( 1.4 ) (score)
7. olin0111: -67 (FP adjustment) -2.2 ( -0.8 ) (score)

The map now looks as follows
TWiNM_1.png
TWiNM_1.png (53.94 KiB) Viewed 1681 times

kronenblatt

Round 2 (484 AD): selecting new major factions

Post by kronenblatt »

At the end of the round in which at least one C-in-C of any of the twelve major factions falls in battle, players shall select new major factions to represent (from among those they have not already represented).

This happened in round 2; for olin0111 and Aetius39.

Players select their new major factions in decreasing order of their FP adjustments this round but with the player whose major faction’s C-in-C fell in battle this round in any event always selecting last. This means the following order this time:

1 tyronec (NOT Suevians or Franks)
2 MadMaxBot (NOT Italy or West Rome)
3 peterpiper (NOT East Rome or Ostrogoths)
4 CaptainWalterSavage (NOT Visigoths or Vandals)
5 kronenblatt (NOT Franks or Suevians)
6 Aetius39 C-in-C fallen (NOT West Rome or Italy)
7 olin0111 C-in-C fallen (NOT Soissons or East Rome)

So please send me a PM with your priority list of major factions ASAP (ideally today but tomorrow March 13th at the latest). You only need to include as many major factions in the list as your order above (e.g., 1 major faction for tyronec, 4 major factions for CaptainWalterSavage, 7 major factions for olin0111).

As mentioned in the rules and above, you can't select any major faction that you are currently representing or that you've already represented earlier in the tournament (currently 2 represented by each player); it has to be a new major faction to you haven't represented before (currently 10 remaining for each player).

tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by tyronec »

Italy
Overlords and vassals
Franks: vassal of Soissons.
West Rome: vassal of Gepids.
East Rome: vassal of Ostrogoths.
Should this not all be the other way around, so Franks have Soissons as vassals and so on.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

tyronec wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:04 am
Overlords and vassals
Franks: vassal of Soissons.
West Rome: vassal of Gepids.
Should this not all be the other way around, so Franks have Soissons as vassals and so on.
Yes, of course: thanks for notifying! I've been shifting this back and forth one time too many... Changed to read:

Overlords and vassals

kronenblatt

Round 2 (480 AD): Italy becoming vassal of Vandals

Post by kronenblatt »

Too many rules and too many tournaments to keep in mind...

... I just recalled that Italy's C-in-C falling in battle in this round 2 has another implication (due to the special rule for Italy, see below), namely that Italy becomes the vassal of Vandals and (since controlling more than one province) has to cede all provinces but one to Vandals. Because Aemilia is the only province adjacent to Vandal provinces, it's one that has to be ceded.

I've updated the post and the map above

Sorry about this, but it adds to the turbulence... :)

Special rules apply for certain major factions:
Italy, Soissons, West Rome: The legitimacy of these major factions is initially centred around their individual rulers (Odoacer, Syagrius, and Julius Nepos, respectively). Thus, if it is independent (i.e., non-vassal) and its C-in-C is killed in battle at any time during the first two rounds of the tournament, the major faction will immediately become the vassal of its opponent in the battle (or if the opponent is not a major faction, an adjacent major faction of the vassal’s own choice). If the major faction under this special rules becoming a vassal controls more than one province, he must cede control over all provinces but one to his new overlord (which provinces to cede and which to keep of the vassal’s own choice).

MadMaxBot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by MadMaxBot »

West Rome had won its battle against the Gepids province completing Aetius39,s conquest for round 1 against that province. Shouldnt the Gepids be eliminated now? Correct me if im wrong.
MadMaxBot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by MadMaxBot »

Pannonia should be entirely under the control of West Rome now
MadMaxBot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by MadMaxBot »

MadMaxBot wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:47 am West Rome had won its battle against the Gepids province completing Aetius39,s conquest for round 1 against that province. Shouldnt the Gepids be eliminated now? Correct me if im wrong.
Ok I see. Its not reflected in the map color code....my bad!
MadMaxBot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by MadMaxBot »

MadMaxBot wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:17 am
MadMaxBot wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:47 am West Rome had won its battle against the Gepids province completing Aetius39,s conquest for round 1 against that province. Shouldnt the Gepids be eliminated now? Correct me if im wrong.
Ok I see. Its not reflected in the map color code....my bad!
Maby each faction should have a lighter shade color to identify Vassals like Empire in Flames has, to avoid confusion
kronenblatt

Re: Round 2 (480 AD): selecting new major factions

Post by kronenblatt »

MadMaxBot wrote:
@MadMaxBot: we're waiting for you now regarding the below, since I can't see that you've answered. So please PM me with your two choices for a new major faction.
kronenblatt wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:41 am At the end of the round in which at least one C-in-C of any of the twelve major factions falls in battle, players shall select new major factions to represent (from among those they have not already represented).

This happened in round 2; for olin0111 and Aetius39.

Players select their new major factions in decreasing order of their FP adjustments this round but with the player whose major faction’s C-in-C fell in battle this round in any event always selecting last. This means the following order this time:

1 tyronec (NOT Suevians or Franks)
2 MadMaxBot (NOT Italy or West Rome)
3 peterpiper (NOT East Rome or Ostrogoths)
4 CaptainWalterSavage (NOT Visigoths or Vandals)
5 kronenblatt (NOT Franks or Suevians)
6 Aetius39 C-in-C fallen (NOT West Rome or Italy)
7 olin0111 C-in-C fallen (NOT Soissons or East Rome)

So please send me a PM with your priority list of major factions ASAP (ideally today but tomorrow March 13th at the latest). You only need to include as many major factions in the list as your order above (e.g., 1 major faction for tyronec, 4 major factions for CaptainWalterSavage, 7 major factions for olin0111).

As mentioned in the rules and above, you can't select any major faction that you are currently representing or that you've already represented earlier in the tournament (currently 2 represented by each player); it has to be a new major faction to you haven't represented before (currently 10 remaining for each player).

kronenblatt

Round 3 (488 AD): attack declarations

Post by kronenblatt »

Round 3 (488 AD)

New major factions have been allocated to each player (I haven't still heard from you MadMaxBot, so I took your priority list for round 2 in order to get going).

Order of attack declarations, based on FP adjustment (see Attacks in the rules)
1. tyronec: West Rome (FP adjustment = 17) (Mar. 17) => Conquest: West Rome attacks Alamans in Raetia from Pannonia, calling upon vassals Gepids.
2. MadMaxBot: East Rome (FP adjustment = 13) (Mar. 18)
3. peterpiper: Soissons (FP adjustment = 9) (Mar. 19) => Overlord Overthrow: Soissons attacks Franks in Lugdunensis.
4. Aetius39: Ostrogoths (FP adjustment = -8) (Mar. 20) = Raid: Moors attacks Visigoths in Baetica.
5. CaptainWalterSavage: Franks (FP adjustment = -22) (Mar. 21) => Conquest: Franks attacks Burgundians in Alpes from Belgica.
6. kronenblatt: Alamans (FP adjustment = -38) (Mar. 22) => Foreign Invasion: Western Huns attacks Ostrogoths in Dacia (IX).
7. olin0111: Visigoths (FP adjustment = -67) (Mar. 23) =>Conquest: Visigoths attacks Suevians in Gallaecia (XX) from Tarraconensis (XIX).

When you've made the attack declaration here in the thread, please PM the player next in line in order to speed the declarations up.

Once attack declarations have been made, battles are resolved simultaneously during a three-week period of Mar. 25 - Apr. 15 (see Battles in the rules), or earlier if attack declarations are concluded before Mar. 23. (If all battles have been resolved before that, round 3 may commence earlier, but plan for first order of round 4's attack declarations on Mar. 25).

Please note that:
  • Rules are found in second post of this thread.
  • Date (midnight CET (Rome) time) above indicates deadline, after which opportunity to declare attack is forfeited and the player next in line may declare attack.
  • If a player above has announced an attack, then player next in line is free and is encouraged to announce attack to, up to his deadline, i.e., if the players before you have announced attacks, don't wait for your deadline to announce your own attacks but instead do so speedily so battles can start as soon as possible.
  • Make sure you have The West is No More v1 mod downloaded and installed (available in-game).
Overlords and vassals
Allies
  • Franks: may from now on choose Anglo-Saxons as allies, thanks to their control of Anglia.
TWiNM_1.png
TWiNM_1.png (53.94 KiB) Viewed 1630 times

tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by tyronec »

West Rome attacks the Alamans from Gepidland calling on our vassals for a diversionary attack.
olin0111

Re: Round 2 (480 AD): administration

Post by olin0111 »

kronenblatt wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:23 am
Overlords and vassals
  • East Rome: overlord of Ostrogoths.
I just noticed that East Rome should not be an overlord of Ostrogoths. Last turn I lost as East Rome to Peterpiper who was playing as Ostrogoths so they should be independent.
kronenblatt

Re: Round 2 (480 AD): administration

Post by kronenblatt »

olin0111 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:48 am
kronenblatt wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:23 am
Overlords and vassals
  • East Rome: overlord of Ostrogoths.
I just noticed that East Rome should not be an overlord of Ostrogoths. Last turn I lost as East Rome to Peterpiper who was playing as Ostrogoths so they should be independent.
Thanks, that's right: can't understand how I could get it that wrong. Fixed now in posts above, and overlords and vassals are as follows:

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”