Ask Us Anything about Warhammer 40,000: Gladius

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ask Us Anything about Warhammer 40,000: Gladius

Post by IainMcNeil »

Please post any beta feedback tot eh beta forum. You are not permitted to discuss the beta in public forums.

Diplomacy has been discussed a number of times and it is out by design. You can set teams and allies pre game btt here are no plans for any diplomacy in game and never will be!
superxingtan
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by superxingtan »

Can I ask whether there will be different classes of Titans soon? I know there is no any Titans atm, but I mean, considering you guys plan, licensing and other agreement with GW, will there be Titans in the future? Thanks.

BTW: I preordered the game today. Cannot wait to give it a go!
Jargoyle
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Jargoyle »

Do you plan to add an art painter?
CraigHazel

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius

Post by CraigHazel »

Hi There,

I am just wondering about future plans for this game.

I am very interested in buying it but if there are no plans to add new races within the game I will be very disappointed.

(still sore about Dawn of War 3 only having 3 races with no more coming)

On a more positive note...

Well Done guys, its about bloody time someone did something like this.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

There are no Titans in the game at the moment so we'll have to think about that.

You can choose the colour of your forces but you cant paint them.

We are planning to add new races and are already working on designs.
brinaldi81

Post by brinaldi81 »

What time CST will this be available to play?? (Steam Pre-Order) no Midnight EST release? :(
brinaldi81

Post by brinaldi81 »

I think a great little piece of Eye Candy and to add to the distinction between factions would be a Themed UI for each!! That would be SWEEEET
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

It releases at 4pm UK time.
dizzymonkey

Post by dizzymonkey »

1) Can we get any info on mod creation? Not asking for info on full on tools, etc. Rather - how can we (or can we at all) package modded files to override base data files?
2) Can the save files be cracked open and edited? What is the format used for the files?
3) Can controls be modified? I don't see any options to for example to modify the map scroll keys to wasd, etc.
4) The frame rate seems to be locked to around 30 fps. Why is this and how can this be fixed to use a normal frequency matching native display?
VanuKaos
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by VanuKaos »

Will new vehicles and unit types be added over time for the existing races?
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

dizzymonkey wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:49 am4) The frame rate seems to be locked to around 30 fps. Why is this and how can this be fixed to use a normal frequency matching native display?
You can set the refresh sync in options. But yes this is the game which has the worst screen tearing, the engine should be corrected.
I'll try 30 fps option to see if this correct the tearing.
Ejmin12

Post by Ejmin12 »

Like the game so far and wanted to say goodjob, but if there is one thing i would like included in game it would be the ability to change hotkeys and have the abilities on different units be bound to keys as well, cause as the game currently stands there is no use for keyboard essentially, also be able to move camera with w,a,s,d . Thanks
licker34

Post by licker34 »

Ejmin12 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:41 pm Like the game so far and wanted to say goodjob, but if there is one thing i would like included in game it would be the ability to change hotkeys and have the abilities on different units be bound to keys as well, cause as the game currently stands there is no use for keyboard essentially, also be able to move camera with w,a,s,d . Thanks
I'd like to follow up with this.

Do the hotkeys even work? I can press QWERASDFZXCV and can't see that anything ever happens no matter what unit I have selected. Especially at the point in games where I have 10s of units the lack of ability to quickly assign 'heal' or 'skip' from the keyboard is annoying me greatly.

Also, what do ctrl-U and ctrl-Y do? They don't seem to do anything. I assumed these would toggle off units from the map, and show yield displays, especially the later would be nice for helping to play out expansion.

Really enjoying the game so far though. Just hope there is some attention to QOL as it relates to keybindings and UI.
balto
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by balto »

Super duper duper game. (1) Is there a limit to the border growth of the Space Marines solitary home base, or can you constantly expand? (2) I assume if I was on a huge map with Space Marines, if their home base maxes out (questions #1), I assume I would want to delete some buildings and exchange it for others as things change. So is there a way to deleted buildings? If not, is there a plan to introduce this? Again, if the Space Marines home base expands infinitely, the forget this questions. Thanks again for such a great game. PS - I think I am loving the Astra whatever.., those missile troops are cheap and kicking some serious ass at 3 hexes.
balto
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by balto »

Please do not 'nerf' those missile troops!
pharnabazus

Post by pharnabazus »

Loving the game so far!

Under the umbrella of "adding other factions" will you consider adding other Space Marine chapters and Guard Regiments beyond just the Ultramarines and Cadians?

Not that I don't want to see other races added too.
thierry2015
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by thierry2015 »

neutral Cultist unit: Is it possible - via a search that they automatically join our army CHAOS?

neutral Neophyte Hybrids: is it possible - via a search that they automatically join our army TYRANIDS?

very good game where I see the soul of warhammer 40k

bravo :D :mrgreen:
Alex20na
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Alex20na »

pharnabazus wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:00 am Loving the game so far!

Under the umbrella of "adding other factions" will you consider adding other Space Marine chapters and Guard Regiments beyond just the Ultramarines and Cadians?

Not that I don't want to see other races added too.
Well, that would be cool, but as far as chapters and regiments go, you can only change your name and color in the race selecting menu and they intend to leave it like that....I think they answered this already.
lapdog666
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by lapdog666 »

can i maim kill and burn ?

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”