hmm...

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
sanma
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

hmm...

Post by sanma »

https://ibb.co/kt2BuJ
https://ibb.co/frLLod
https://ibb.co/jFEfod

This isn't even the strangest discrepancy. I had one unit of Ambulls awarded the Crux Terminatus the first game I played.
Aekar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: hmm...

Post by Aekar »

You mean specific old relic awards? some give units.
You can receive units from other factions too.

Also, your thread's title just won the clickbait award :D
sanma

Post by sanma »

It's weird that Librarians are going around requesting support from themselves and that Ambulls are suddenly convinced they're Space Marines, shouting about foul xenos and burning heretics. It's weirder that the rest of your Chapter seems to buy it, as Ambulls can be rewarded with special veteran names. Ambulls are not even supposed to be sapient. Really makes you go "hmm...", you know?

The game needs more polish. Details like these are details, but they are unmissable; you receive an Ambull just from playing through the Space Marines' story, and, even if you don't know a lick of 40k lore (I know a lick, but just that; I had little idea what an Ambull was before I read the compendium), the game is not being internally consistent.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

It does not said that there was none successfull attempt at domestication, but that there was failed ones.
Some are succesfull, others are not.
sanma

Post by sanma »

Domestication != uplift. The Ambulls should not talk like Space Marines or be treated like they are them. This is completely ignoring the Librarian issue as well, and many other repetitions of this issue, like with Meks yelling about how they can't fathom what artifacts are about, because they're for Meks. I'm sure if I played more, I'd soon uncover more examples; I haven't even tried all factions yet.

These aren't bugs per se, but that makes them all the easier to fix. No need for the developers to reproduce the issue when it's a part of the game that just wasn't thought out.
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

Aekar wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:15 pmyour thread's title just won the clickbait award :D
Yes, uninformative baits are forbidden (they should be, I don't find the forum rules), so I report.
sanma

Post by sanma »

Well, I feel like I'm talking to brick walls here. I guess I expected too much of a Frenchie, but I'm not sure what went wrong with Aekar. I'm going to assume you're both ESL and preserve my hopes for humanity. Later.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

@sanma
Sorry, but please avoid insulting other members of the community who are trying to help, and especially using derogatory slurs. Such behaviour is not acceptable on our forums and if it continues we will need to take further action.
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

sanma wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:27 amThe Ambulls should not be treated like they are Space Marines.
Apothecaries can heal them. Gameplaywise I'm okay, but that may be not in the lore.
Aekar

Post by Aekar »

Samma, I honestly replied to your question.
I said the title was a clickbait, with a smile because it really was something everyone would have to click.
I don't see anything wrong in (saying) that.
I think it's wrong to use such titles but I believe you did not make this mistake on purpose.

If my reply did not seem clear about the content of your message:
You were mentioning relics awards.
Some relics can give units from other factions when you acquire them.
This can lead to odd results

It's Eriss who reported the forum's title.
Eriss did this because having so many titles with just "hmm" or "hey" or "wonder if" would not work for a forum.

And I think the forum title is misleading because it does not tell enough about the subject.
But I also think you could actually arrange that better yourself. Could you edit it?
This would allow searches to more easily find one such subject.
Anyway we are no moderator.

Happy gaming!

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”