Does the AI actually play to win?

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
petike811
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Does the AI actually play to win?

Post by petike811 »

Exactly that's what i was like to point out. The space marines are cheaters, imperial guards are overpowered, then how is it still fair and balanced?
Spoiler: when I saw some changes in former patch notes, I thought that, those devs are actually verruckt. They doubled or halved some of the variables. I got used to other games where 1.123536% change, and the whole game is broken, the world is crumbling, the fans are rioting on the street, and the end time is near. Then after a month hardwork and testing they come to the realisation that maybe they should have been changed the value with 1.12357%, that would certainly solve the end times problem.
This game is not like that, the game design can handle certain changes with ease. So ppl can cry constantly, and maybe the light hearted devs say thats ok, it doesn’t worth that much, maybe if we change the asked variables, he can feel joy again, and he will have a stable healthy life…
Achievment via whinning, I don’t know.
Last edited by petike811 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sIg3b
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by sIg3b »

I am not sure the Astra are overpowered, they feel just right.

Have played Tyranids vs. Imperials just now on Medium -my first game with Tyranids!- and won overwhelmingly.
Attachments
Gladius004.jpg
Gladius004.jpg (466.21 KiB) Viewed 2341 times
petike811

Post by petike811 »

Yes, they are right. I have just finished a game with small loyality bonus against am sm coop imp ai as an ork. I think they are the real steamrollers. I don’t blame anyone but the old “here we go” was the best for the orks, maybe it was too op, I don’t know. But maybe that was the whole point of ork uniqueness, especially now that the nids came out. I cant tell you how to win the blob battles near the forests and ruins, how use line of sight or setup ambushes. Maybe “unit swapping” just make the ranged factions more stronger in ruins or in forest battles.(just think of why they cut out the trees in Avatar, or the forced march in Tolkien)
I like the pictures of old, where a bunch of officers are examining the map.
Not many games can tell that the battles should be fought terrain wise. Here it is somewhat hidden, it is not forced with plain stats, maybe later they will implement units which will be good in jungles or some in ruins and get flat bonuses on those terrains, no problem.
Where is the diplomacy?
Just as in the tabletop, ppl come together and arrange the terms, like maybe space marine has some edge on maps with more water, maybe orks have some advantages, with more fungus and wires.
Maybe last time you rushed me hard, so this time we will set the wildlife very high.
My favorite, when a topic writer came enraged that the game has no coop mode, there is a chance his mate just wanted to beat him in multiplayer.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

At now, I don't know what changed (me? patches?), but I feel the AI has become more player friendly.
I mean, with the upgrade AI, now I'm able to win AND have fun, I can even lose and still have fun.
Recently for me the game was broken by the AI made unhuman, not to be played (too difficult with SMarines), but now maybe with balances I'm at last able to apreciate it.
VanuKaos
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by VanuKaos »

My latest game is interesting to say the least. Playing as Tyranids allied with another Tyranid faction against two Ork Tribes in an alliance and a rogue Necron army on it's own. The Orks are steam-rolling down the map hitting the bulk of my Necron allies with the vast majority of their army consisting of nothing but Mek Gunz. 8 Units out of 12 are Mek Gunz with a warboss, pain-boy and some Boyz. The Tyranid ally army has about a dozen Zoanthropes all clustered in the middle of the map doing nothing. The Necrons swept across the map wiping out my secondary Norn City and then just as they were about to assault my main line they decided to move back home. So now we have three armies, as my army is shattered and broken, staring at each other and skirmishing in the middle of the map picking off odd units here and there with no one making any actual moves towards attacking cities. Real stalemate has broken out. I don't ever remember Gladius being like this until the recent patches. It's like no one really wants to win.
petike811

Post by petike811 »

Just make it quick

Ty for the update, i got the the harsly coded error, then read, then update, now the game runs smoother then before even with highest setting and i have a really old laptop for playing.

-Flaks using the same shrapnel effect as grenades.
-Wall of text: cheap tactic on courts to tire out jury, later threating them with negligence.
-Astartes 4: Marines never use the same angle for shooting to prevent retaliation, if they are further the angle can be thinner, when using the same angle the plasma make contact with the forcefield causing distraction, temp blindness, break focus.
-Using flamethrower from the same spot: some devastation/damage potential is lost, here in this game it is portrayed with not stacking dot mechanic. One chaos drake dot opponent's units might trigger unecessary overwatch. 2 drakes dot one unit, some damage potential is wasted, thtswhy one of them using a different manouver etc.
-Walkers: you are a bit late, travel back and ask Lucas, you are knocking on wrong doors.
-AK/47 considered a simple smallarm. Actually one part is well designed so others can be simple or supportive. Putting Ockham's razor on that part makes the whole obsolete.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”