The Rally Point (discussion and questions)

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Post Reply
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator
Posts: 9428
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:50 pm
Contact:

Re: The Rally Point

Post by stockwellpete » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:17 am

MikeC_81 wrote:3 Cheers to Pete

The amount of work required just posting all of this is intense. Thanks for running the show
Thanks very much mike (and devoncop). :D

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator
Posts: 9428
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:50 pm
Contact:

Re: The Rally Point

Post by stockwellpete » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:49 am

stockwellpete wrote:
76mm wrote:I'm in four sections and have posted several challenges and accepted TWO. I tried to accept a third challenge and received a message saying "Too many challenges accepted today." I was not able to accept a third challenge.

Um, this does not seem to have been thought through--clearly there should be no limit on accepting private challenges, especially for league, tournament, or campaign play. If I can only accept two challenges per day it may significantly reduce my ability to meet the league timelines, etc.
Well, this is the first that I've heard of this issue. Is the limit really 2 matches per day? I'll ask Richard about it today. I do not think it should affect your ability to complete all your matches though. The tournament runs for 73 days so there will be plenty of time to arrange all your fixtures. :wink:
Richard is investigating and will get back to me asap.

76mm
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:08 pm

Re: The Rally Point

Post by 76mm » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:14 am

Thanks Pete. I think I've accepted more than two challenges per day in the past, but now I cannot accept more than two. Again, really there should not be any limit for accepting private matches!

Regarding its impact on participation in the league, my availability will not be evenly distributed throughout the ten weeks, so I need to front-load my playing time. Also, most of my initial opponents are in the US, and I'm in Moscow, so the time difference alone will cause games to move very slowly.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator
Posts: 9428
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:50 pm
Contact:

Re: The Rally Point

Post by stockwellpete » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:00 am

76mm wrote:Thanks Pete. I think I've accepted more than two challenges per day in the past, but now I cannot accept more than two. Again, really there should not be any limit for accepting private matches!

Regarding its impact on participation in the league, my availability will not be evenly distributed throughout the ten weeks, so I need to front-load my playing time. Also, most of my initial opponents are in the US, and I'm in Moscow, so the time difference alone will cause games to move very slowly.
Richard has spoken to the PBEM controller and the limits are as follows . . .

You can accept 5 challenges per day;

Issue max 10 open challenges;

Have a total of 30 challenges (open and accepted).

That sounds like enough for our purposes to me.

76mm
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:08 pm

Re: The Rally Point

Post by 76mm » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:15 am

stockwellpete wrote: You can accept 5 challenges per day;
Then why did it only allow me to accept two challenges today? You (someone) can look at the server to confirm...

I'm not violating any of the other conditions about open challenges or total challenges.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator
Posts: 9428
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:50 pm
Contact:

Re: The Rally Point

Post by stockwellpete » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:25 am

76mm wrote:Then why did it only allow me to accept two challenges today? You (someone) can look at the server to confirm...

I'm not violating any of the other conditions about open challenges or total challenges.
I have no idea. We will just have to see if other players have problems with this. If they do then I will mention it to Richard again.

Barrold713
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:34 am
Location: Michigan, U.S.A.

Re: The Rally Point

Post by Barrold713 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:29 am

I had this issue today as well.

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier
Posts: 4650
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: The Rally Point

Post by TheGrayMouser » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:38 am

I just accepted 3 with in one hour just about now, I had accepted two last nite at roughly the same time... I dont know if the "window" is 24 hours from your perspective, or its a fixed server time when it "resets" (my guess its the latter)

SpeedyCM
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:42 am
Location: Australia

Re: The Rally Point

Post by SpeedyCM » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:23 am

76mm wrote:
stockwellpete wrote: You can accept 5 challenges per day;
Then why did it only allow me to accept two challenges today? You (someone) can look at the server to confirm...

I'm not violating any of the other conditions about open challenges or total challenges.
Did you accept a number of challenges the day before?

It may just be an issue with when the server resets the day, I just accepted 3 challenges in the last 30 minutes.

76mm
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:08 pm

Re: The Rally Point

Post by 76mm » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:53 am

SpeedyCM wrote: Did you accept a number of challenges the day before?
Nope, don't remember the last time I accepted a challenge, must have been a couple of weeks ago.

[EDIT] But I just accepted four challenges this morning, so weird...

mhladnik
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:00 pm

Re: The Rally Point

Post by mhladnik » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:19 am

To the more experienced: how do you end the battle before the round limit (or before the system allows you to mark it as stalled)? Can you capitulate? The manner does not matter, just want to remove an unsuccessfully set up match from the active list.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator
Posts: 9428
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:50 pm
Contact:

Re: The Rally Point

Post by stockwellpete » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:35 am

mhladnik wrote:To the more experienced: how do you end the battle before the round limit (or before the system allows you to mark it as stalled)? Can you capitulate? The manner does not matter, just want to remove an unsuccessfully set up match from the active list.
If you are in the battle screen, look in the top left hand corner where you can "Toggle briefing". Click on that then look at the top right hand side of the display and you will see a semi-circular arrow. Click on that and choose "Concede the match" from the options.

mhladnik
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:00 pm

Re: The Rally Point

Post by mhladnik » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:49 am

Oh, inside the briefing :) well hidden :D Thanks!

FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:16 am
Location: California, USA

Re: From Cyrus to Tigranes: winners post your results here

Post by FroBodine » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:23 pm

I don't understand why you guys don't just play your games out to completion? Why call it? 42% - 39% is not over in my opinion. Somebody will win.

I'm just trying to understand what the point of calling a game a draw is? It benefits nobody.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator
Posts: 9428
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:50 pm
Contact:

Re: From Cyrus to Tigranes: winners post your results here

Post by stockwellpete » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:28 pm

FroBodine wrote:I don't understand why you guys don't just play your games out to completion? Why call it? 42% - 39% is not over in my opinion. Somebody will win.

I'm just trying to understand what the point of calling a game a draw is? It benefits nobody.
But it up to the players involved in the game. In my drawn game we had reached a position where I held the terrain and could not be beaten if I stayed where I was but would have lost if I had tried to attack. The same was true for my opponent. So we agreed to the draw. We both will get one point each. Draws are perfectly acceptable in the FOG2DL. :wink:

Spectre195
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:45 pm

Re: The Rally Point

Post by Spectre195 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:01 pm

How is the start of the league going for everyone?!?!

Cunningcairn
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Posts: 962
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:05 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Re: The Rally Point

Post by Cunningcairn » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:00 am

Spectre195 wrote:How is the start of the league going for everyone?!?!

Great and you?

Barrold713
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:34 am
Location: Michigan, U.S.A.

Re: The Rally Point

Post by Barrold713 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:39 am

My dudes are getting perforated and running away in alarming numbers

markwatson360
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:04 am

One week in

Post by markwatson360 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:39 pm

Having a blast playing in this, only one week old and i've started (or finished ) nearly all my games. :cry: Wish i'd entered more sections. Must have too much time on my hands (lucky me :lol: )

devoncop
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1278
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 am

Re: One week in

Post by devoncop » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:04 pm

+1 to these comments.

My Saka are the whipping boys of Div B Late Antiquity so its a fight against relegation already :-)

Hopefully my Seleucids should keep me up in Div B Classical Antiquity.

Some really close nail biting games with great opponents.

Post Reply

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”