The Rally Point (discussion and questions)

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Macedonczyk
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: The Rally Point (discussion and questions)

Post by Macedonczyk »

Look like screen from our battle. It will be in mele phase(not impact). It is because of number of soldiers. You have 135 and Jewish has 210.
rs2excelsior
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by rs2excelsior »

75 more fighting men... than your strength of 135. They've got more than half again as many troops. It'd be like two heavy infantry units going at it, with one at 330 men and the other at 500.
Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Geffalrus »

Everyone all safe and sound in your respective quarantine shelters? I'd have more time for FoG2 if I wasn't also stuck in here with my kids. XD
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
rs2excelsior

Post by rs2excelsior »

stockwellpete, it looks like my matches played count is incorrect on Classical Antiquity. I should have 5 matches played (instead of 7), 2 wins and 3 losses. I think my points are the same. Looks like I haven't had any results posted since the Sunday update, which had the correct counts.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

rs2excelsior wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:02 pm stockwellpete, it looks like my matches played count is incorrect on Classical Antiquity. I should have 5 matches played (instead of 7), 2 wins and 3 losses. I think my points are the same. Looks like I haven't had any results posted since the Sunday update, which had the correct counts.
Sorry, corrected now. :oops:
rs2excelsior

Post by rs2excelsior »

All good, thanks! Frankly I’m impressed y’all keep this running as smoothly as you do, a typo here and there is completely understandable.
pompeytheflatulent
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by pompeytheflatulent »

Now that the digital league season is wrapping up, I was looking over the army lists for next season. I noticed that the Biblical division have way fewer armies than anybody else. It's even worse if you factor in all the identical Greek hoplite armies from the TT mod. So I want to float the idea of having Classical Antiquity chop over some spare army lists next season. Let's say everything prior to Phillip II of Macedon, if Classical Antiquity is feeling generous. Or everything prior to the Peloponnesian War, if stingy. Come on, spare some change?
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

pompeytheflatulent wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:08 pm Now that the digital league season is wrapping up, I was looking over the army lists for next season. I noticed that the Biblical division have way fewer armies than anybody else. It's even worse if you factor in all the identical Greek hoplite armies from the TT mod. So I want to float the idea of having Classical Antiquity chop over some spare army lists next season. Let's say everything prior to Phillip II of Macedon, if Classical Antiquity is feeling generous. Or everything prior to the Peloponnesian War, if stingy. Come on, spare some change?
Well, the original plan was to add the TT Mod armies to the Biblical army list until such time as the remaining Biblical DLC was released. Then we were going to look at both the Classical Antiquity and Biblical army lists and divide them up a bit more equally.

If we use the Peloponnesian War (431-404 BC) as the cut off, then that would only mean the transfer of 9 armies from Classical Antiquity to Biblical if we said that any army that had its dates including 431BC (the earliest date for the Peloponnesian War) would not be transferred. So that would only increase the Biblical choice from 42 to 51 (and reduce the Classical Antiquity choice from 122 to 113).

If we use the reign of Phillip of Macedon (359-336 BC) and use the cut off date of 359 BC then that only results in a further 2 armies being transferred over, increasing the Biblical choice to 53.

So these would not really make a great difference, given that around half of the armies transferred over would be Achaemenid Persian.

I am quite happy to look at this again, but I think we would need a much later cut off date to have any real impact. And then you may have the problem that some of the truly Biblical armies are outclassed by the later hoplite armies.
pompeytheflatulent

Wow, I was half joking, but it really was like begging for table scraps. :mrgreen:
GeneralKostas
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by GeneralKostas »

I have three proposals about possible changes in the sections and divisions.

1) Extend the time for Biblical section up to 550 BC and transfer the armies from the Classical Antiquity.

2) Divide the Classical Antiquity section in two parts. a) 549BC - 323BC (death of Alexander the Great) and b) 322BC - 1BC (The Hellenistic Period)

3) Reduce the number of players in each division to 8. So it is possible to create a fourth division in Biblical and have 6 divisions in Classical (3 in each part).
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

GeneralKostas wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:57 am I have three proposals about possible changes in the sections and divisions.

1) Extend the time for Biblical section up to 550 BC and transfer the armies from the Classical Antiquity.
Biblical armies up to 550BC are already included so this will have no effect at all.
2) Divide the Classical Antiquity section in two parts. a) 549BC - 323BC (death of Alexander the Great) and b) 322BC - 1BC (The Hellenistic Period)

3) Reduce the number of players in each division to 8. So it is possible to create a fourth division in Biblical and have 6 divisions in Classical (3 in each part).
8 players in a division?! This is sacrilege!! :lol:

No, I am very much opposed to these ideas as they will lead to the atomisation of the Classical Antiquity section and they will reduce the number of games each player gets from 9 to 7. We have had 10-player divisions since Season 1 of the FOG1DL over 5 years ago and I see no reason to change this now. Sorry. :wink:
pompeytheflatulent

What if the sections are grouped by DLC's. This would eliminate the hassle of trying to figure out which army belongs in which section. As well as lower the barrier to entry for new players who do not own all of the DLC's. It could look something like:

- Early Antiquity (Immortal Fire & Rise of Persia)
- Classical Antiquity (Base Game)
- Late Antiquity (Legions Triumphant & Age of Belisarius)
- Early Middle Ages (Wolves at the Gates)

This would keep Classical Antiquity as the gateway drug for new players looking to join as it requires only the base game, maybe even open up Classical Antiquity Division E if there's enough demand. Would the long time regulars in Biblical object too much to this? I mean, there's already a plague of hoplites infesting Biblical right now, why not let Alexander and his drinking buddies crash the party as well?

Alternatively:

- Biblical (Rise of Peria)
- Classical Antiquity (Base Game + Immortal Fire)
etc...

This would let Biblical retain its distinct flavor, but be a niche section until more DLCs are released. It would also raise the barrier to entry for new players since it would require them to own at least one DLC to join. (I remember when Immortal Fire first came out I passed on buying it when I saw the army lists. It didn't seem a good value for the $$$ since most of the units were already available in the base game. Even to this day I still think Immortal Fire provides the least bang for the buck out of all the DLCs.)
GeneralKostas

Post by GeneralKostas »

pompeytheflatulent wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:11 pm What if the sections are grouped by DLC's. This would eliminate the hassle of trying to figure out which army belongs in which section. As well as lower the barrier to entry for new players who do not own all of the DLC's. It could look something like:

- Early Antiquity (Immortal Fire & Rise of Persia)
- Classical Antiquity (Base Game)
- Late Antiquity (Legions Triumphant & Age of Belisarius)
- Early Middle Ages (Wolves at the Gates)

This would keep Classical Antiquity as the gateway drug for new players looking to join as it requires only the base game, maybe even open up Classical Antiquity Division E if there's enough demand. Would the long time regulars in Biblical object too much to this? I mean, there's already a plague of hoplites infesting Biblical right now, why not let Alexander and his drinking buddies crash the party as well?
The Legion Triumphant army lists shouldn't count to the Early Middle Ages section. The Age of Belisarius DLC must be the common part of the two sections.

Late Antiquity : Legion Triumphant & Age of Belisarius
Early Middle Ages : Age of Belisarius & Wolves at the Gates
Lebo44
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Brand new Army statisics now available!

Post by Lebo44 »

Statistics for armies picked up >= 80 times

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Lebo44 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:37 am Statistics for armies picked up >= 80 times

Interesting. It would also be worth adding the Draw % (and I suppose Lose% too for completeness)
Richard Bodley Scott

Lebo44
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Lebo44 »

Here you go:

Armies picked up >= 80 times

Armies from pre 500 BC Era (at last 15 picks)

Armies of Roman Golden Era 250BC - 250AD (at last 80 picks)

Armies of Late Roman Empire Era (at last 50 picks)

Armies of early medieval Era (at last 15 picks)
Lebo44
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Lebo44 »

This was just made for fun. All factions with at least 50 picks.

NikiforosFokas
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by NikiforosFokas »

Thanks Lebo! Nice job.
For Byzantium!!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Thanks
Richard Bodley Scott

edb1815
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by edb1815 »

Great work! Thanks!

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”