The Dustbin

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

SimonLancaster
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: edb1815 has won Late Antiquity Division D!

Post by SimonLancaster »

Well done.. a good guy and deserved winner!
YouTube channel for Field of Glory 2: Ancients and Medieval.

https://www.youtube.com/@simonlancaster1815
Nosy_Rat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Biblical: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Nosy_Rat »

Division A

Nosy_Rat (Cimmerians) defeats nyczar (Assyrians) 46-20.
Captainwaltersavage
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Late Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Captainwaltersavage »

Division E

Captainwaltersavage - Roman 24BC-196AD with Jewish 64 BC-6AD allies defeated texanotedesco - Arab 312 BC-476 AD 60: 57.

As the score suggests it was a very tight game. The Arabs brought a horde of medium infantry and camel archers against my legions and cavalry. Terrain was a dominant factor with a huge mountain range in the middle of the battlefield. The legions were unstoppable in face to face contact but the mediums avoided that at every turn and carried out lots of flanking as you might expect. Great game that ranged over the whole board.

(3-1)
Nosy_Rat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Nosy_Rat »

Division A

Nosy_Rat (Huns) defeats nyczar (Romans) 42-10.
Stefano63
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Stefano63 »

Division B

XLegione (aka Stefano63) - Roman 105-25 BC with Numidian 55-6 BC allies defeated paulmcneil - Etruscan 330–280 BC with Samnite 355-272 BC allies, 62% - 59%

It was a very challenging battle, the higher number of the etruscans and their cavalry superiority created a lot of problems to the romans, at the end the higher quality of the roman units made the difference.
Great battle!

Thanks

XLegione

(3-1)
Nosy_Rat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Nosy_Rat »

Division A

Nosy_Rat (Franks) defeats pompeytheflatulent (Germans) 43-11

Initially I deployed in fairly standart way (red line) - heavy infantry in the center, cavalry and irregulars on the flanks - expecting Pompey to contest the hill in the center. However, he decided to focus his offensive on my right and tried to seize the hill dominating that flank with cavalry and skirmishers while heavy infantry made its way around the big patch of rough ground and a skeleton force of some spearmen and archers supported by a couple of units of cavalry was left against my center.

At first I decided to contest the hill the hill on the right and started to move some infantry and lancers there, but after a turn realized that they won't get there in time, and instead used those forces ther to just tie the enemy (irregulars moved to forest, shieldwalls to the rough and to the nearby village, lancers moved away - in the end I've lost two units there, but tied up a slightly more numerous and expensive enemy force), while the rest started to fall back to the defensive position in the center (orange line). On the other flank my cavalry (probably unseen?) and infantry were moving to engage German forces there who were too slow to realize how badly they were outnumbered. When the threat of encirclement became obvious Germans tried to turn around and run to the forest for cover but it was one turn too late - Frankish cavalry with help from infantry from the center caught them just on the edge of forest and quickly destroyed that flank, routing six or seven units without any losses of their own. By that time main German infantry force still didn't engage my own infatry.

Infantry lines finally clashed, but now my inferior infantry had a fairly good position on the hill and my own dismounted lancers were evenly matched against their German counterparts in the open. their flank protected by rough ground (Germans don't have access to any medium foot except archers, big disadvantage imo). Germans tried to counter-attack through the narrow gap between the big rough ground patch and the forest, but by that time I've already dealt with what remained of their left flank and was able to turn around in time and flank that attack. And finally my own medium foot arrived to the rough routing the remaining archers from there and getting the enemy over 40% casualties.
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

Division C

batesmotel (Bosporan w Roman allies) beat bluefin (Scots-Irish) 62-57

Thanks for a fun, nail biting game that could have ended with either of us winning.

Chris

(3-1)
....where life is beautiful all the time
paulmcneil
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by paulmcneil »

Division B

paulmcneil Etruscans defeats Questar17 Ptolemeic 59:31
Paul McNeil
paulmcneil

Post by paulmcneil »

Division B

paulmcneil (Etruscans) defeats Trogilus (Thracian) 43:11
Paul McNeil
cromlechi
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: dkalenda has been expelled from the tournament for multiple re-loading of turns during his matches . . .

Post by cromlechi »

pompeytheflatulent wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:59 pm
stockwellpete wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:46 pm I was given the following details of the 99 excess re-loads match during the course of the investigation into dkalenda . . .

Excess downloads per turn were as follows:
Turn 4 (his Turn 2): 2
Turn 6 (his turn 3): 2
Turn 8 (his turn 4): 13
Turn 10 (his turn 5): 11
Turn 12 (his turn 6): 13
Turn 14 (his turn 7): 22
Turn 16 (his turn 8 ): 36 !!
If we could get and publish the reload data for all of the games played in division A this season, would that tamp down on the paranoia and suspicion of cheating(at least temporarily)?
Good shout. :D
cromlechi

Re: dkalenda has been expelled from the tournament for multiple re-loading of turns during his matches . . .

Post by cromlechi »

pantherboy wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:28 am I'm in the camp of MikeC. Just allow instances of reloading to be included in the pop-up dialog at the start of your turn. Shift the onus onto the player to explain the reasoning. By having the info on whether a redownload occurred or not a player will be able to analyze the replay for the frequency of unusual event before beginning their turn. For example if it happens in the first turn or two then obviously it will have no impact on the game and lends weight to any excuse. But if it is at a critical juncture of the game and a number of outcomes go the way of the re-loader than it would not be unreasonable to be suspicious. In such a case I would support the position that a player whose opponent reloads at a point in the game that they feel may give an advantage will automatically be awarded a win if they request one. Yes it could of been due to one's daughter switching off the PC (happened once to me while watching youtube) but that is still no excuse for affording your opponent an advantage whether sort or not.
This is a great idea in my view. If an opponent has problems and explains it the other party could accept it, ask for a restart or if it was excessive ask for adjudication. At least it would be transparent.
Questar17
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Questar17 »

Division B

Questar17 - Ptolemaic 166-56 BC beat edb1815 - Thracian Hellenistic 350-281 BC with Antigonid 320-301 BC allies 42:13

At this consecutive hellenic clash won the side which had more pikes at the middle of the map.

thx for the game
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Division C

GDod - Byzantine 551-578 AD beat MikeMarchant - Roman 24 BC-196 AD with Sarmatian 25-375 AD allies 41-15%
gamercb

Re: Larger armies right across the FOG2 Digital League?

Post by gamercb »

I would prefer to know at the start whether the section is 1200 or 1600 pts. Allowing players to decide leaves this unclear. I can choose whether I want to join a section of a particular size (as long as I do so before the close date!)
desertedfox
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by desertedfox »

Division A

desertedfox - Achaemenid Persian 545-481 BC defeated nyczar - Assyrian 681-609 BC with Median 836-627 BC allies 60-42 on the last turn.
Jagger2002
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Jagger2002 »

Well we have somehow managed a split community.
SpeedyCM

Post by SpeedyCM »

Division C

SpeedyCM (Median 626-550 BC) defeats gamercb (Thracian (Getae) 680-330 BC) 65-48.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Division B

GDod - Seleucid 302-301 BC with Lysimachid 320 BC allies beat Trogilus - Thracian (Triballi) 350 BC-46 AD with Thracian (Getae) 279 BC-46 AD allies 41-9%
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Shakespeare once wrote, "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our points, But in ourselves, that we are underlings.”
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

gamercb wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:25 pm I would prefer to know at the start whether the section is 1200 or 1600 pts. Allowing players to decide leaves this unclear. I can choose whether I want to join a section of a particular size (as long as I do so before the close date!)
Well, you will know what the default size of the armies will be - and if you choose that size then all your matches will be played at that size.

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”