The Dustbin

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: XLegione has won Late Antiquity Division B!

Post by devoncop »

XLegione wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:00 pm Many thanks!

Devoncop I wait for you in the A Division very soon ;-)

The protagonists in "Waiting for Godot" will have to wait less long than you for that to happen :D

I am the living embodiment of splendid mediocrity :wink:
IMC
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Late Antiquity; winners post your results here . . .

Post by IMC »

Late Antiquity Division B

IMC - Roman 24 BC–196 AD with Sarmatian ally defeated General Shapur - Kingdom of Soissons 461-486 AD 42% v 11%

Thanks for the game.
MikeMarchant
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Classical Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by MikeMarchant »

Division C

Challenge up:

MikeMarchant (Seleucid 124-63 BCE - Allies: Jewish) challenges Karvon (Sarmatian 350 BC-24 AD) - Password: SPQR - PM sent

Best of luck, Karvon.

Best Wishes

Mike
fikabo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by fikabo »

Division C

fikabo (Jewish with Romans) defeated Bluefin (Kappadokian) 53% -14%

When game start I was afraid of number of Bluefin units. With help of enclosure I avoid flank attacks and horse attack on left wing.
On the right wing I had to constantly maneuver to avoid attacks from the flank. Skirmishes disrupt many units and then attack of heavy infantry generate chain rout frequently.
fikabo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fikabo »

deleted - duplicated
Last edited by fikabo on Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fikabo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fikabo »

Division C

fikabo (Jewish with Romans) defeated Dzon Vejn (Saka with allies) 62:35%

I made a mistake when choosing units to play: I only selected infantry and skirmishes (no horses or elephants) and I had to fight with an army of horses.
I thought that in this configuration I have no chance to avoid attacks from the flank, so I back to enclosure at the end of the map.
Only my skirmishes take an open battle with tragic consequences.
I kept the infantry in enclosure with only a few counterattacks outside and tried to destroy every horse that goes inside.
I was hoping that would draw this game, but at the end of the game I managed to destroy all the heavy horses (Dzon Vejn had only some nomad arches, one elephant and many skirmishes), so I decide to attack.
I manage to route the Elephant and 2 or 3 Nomad arches (using my light horse as the first attack, and then, when Nomad arches are not evade, I attack on foot). I won at the last moment (in round 24).

I think a draw would be fairer.
gamercb
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Late Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by gamercb »

Division D

gamercb (Roman 313-378 AD) challenges Ulysisgrunt (Kingdom of Soissons 461-486 AD). pw venividi. pm sent
gamercb

Re: Early Middle Ages; arrange your matches here . . .

Post by gamercb »

Division D

gamercb ( Rus 960-1053 AD) challenges Garokan (Byzantine 963-987 AD). pw vodka. pm sent
rs2excelsior
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by rs2excelsior »

Division D

rs2excelsior (Byzantine) beat gamercb (Roman) 51-24

A battle once again dominated by an open field. The Romans deployed in a fairly standard formation, with their infantry in the center and cavalry on each flank. The Byzantines placed their infantry in a forest on their right, held back from the main fighting, and their lancers in three lines on the left, screened by heavy and light horse archers. The Byzantine left wing pressed forward early, the archers harassing the Roman foot, while the first two lines of lancers wrapped around the Roman right wing cavalry. The Roman's left cavalry wing was pushing forward, so the third line wheeled around to screen the main cavalry force from being outflanked. The Byzantine left managed to see off the Roman cataphracts and other cavalry pretty quickly due to some flank attacks, and turned to meet the main line of infantry, while the third line cavalry was running into some trouble against the remaining Roman cavalry and part of the infantry wing. I committed the legio comitatensis from their hiding place in the woods, hitting the Romans in the flank and turning the tide of that battle. Although the Byzantine left could not make much progress against the plumbata-armed Roman foot, they harassed the Romans with arrow fire while the breakthrough on the Byzantine right pushed the scores over the 25% lead needed to win.

A screenshot of the battle showing the zig-zagging battle line, just after the Roman's right flank cavalry had been seen off and the Byzantine infantry committed against the Roman left.
20191110150553_1.jpg
20191110150553_1.jpg (596.9 KiB) Viewed 1908 times
Well played gamercb, it was an enjoyable match!
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Classical Antiquity            A-D tables.jpg
Classical Antiquity A-D tables.jpg (952.73 KiB) Viewed 2170 times
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Weekly round-up
Unbeaten in 7 matches Geffalrus (Antigonid) is still on top in Division A, but harveylh (Syracusan) moved a bit closer with his fifth win this week. Further down the table both MikeC_81 (Roman) and Triarii (Hannibal in Italy) could still put in a late challenge if they end the season on a winning run but it would need something special from both players including victories in their matches against Geffalrus. MorkinTheFree (Pontic) is now odds-on to be relegated in his first season in the top flight. Morbio (Roman) has blasted his way to the automatic promotion place from Division B after registering 4 wins this week, including a victory against the previous leader herm (also Roman). desertedfox (Antigonid) can take second place if he beats fourth-placed lydianed (SAmnite) in his last match. At the bottom Ulysisgrunt (Jewish) will be relegated for a second consecutive season unless he can get 3 points from his last 2 matches against oscarius (Thracian Hellenistic) and phoyle3290 (Hannibal in Italy) to move above Najanaja (Pontic). Still all to play for in Division C but fikabo (Jewish) is looking the most likely to take the top spot from current leader edb1815 (Thracian Hellenistic) after securing his fifth win from 5 starts this week. Further down the table batesmotel (Roman) and Karvon (Sarmatian) remain unbeaten and General Shapur (Spanish) has 3 wins from 4 starts. All three players are still to play fikabo. In Division D newcomer Schweetness101 (Hannibal in Africa) has won automatic promotion from Division D finishing 8 points ahead of three players who have tied in second place, namely cromlechi (Egyptian), SLancaster (Indo-Greek) and vakarr (Thracian).

Unbeaten runs of 3 matches or more
Geffalrus (Division A) 7 matches
harveylh (Division A) 4 matches
Sennacherib (Division A) 3 matches
desertedfox (Division B) 5 matches
Morbio (Division B) 5 and finished
batesmotel (Division C) 4 matches
edb1815 (Division C) 6 matches
fikabo (Division C) 5 matches
General Shapur (Division C) 3 matches
Karvon (Division C) 5 matches

Match completion rate (45 matches in total to be played in each division)
Division A - 36 out of 45 matches completed :D
Division B - 40 out of 45 matches completed :D
Division C - 31 out of 45 matches completed :D
Division D - 40 out of 45 matches completed :D

These are generally excellent match completion rates.

Player of the week
Morbio (Division B) with 4 wins this week winning automatic promotion to Division A. :D
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Classical Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

Classical Antiquity           A-B charts.jpg
Classical Antiquity A-B charts.jpg (774.7 KiB) Viewed 1991 times
Classical Antiquity           C-D charts.jpg
Classical Antiquity C-D charts.jpg (788.8 KiB) Viewed 1991 times
garymann
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Biblical: winners post your results here . . .

Post by garymann »

Division B

garymanns Arabs defeated gamercb (Persians) 61-39

Well handled Persians swept across the field, destroying everything in their path, until greater numbers ground them down.

GG thanks gamercb
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Morbio has won Classical Antiquity Division B!

Post by stockwellpete »

With 8 wins from his 9 matches Morbio has won automatic promotion to Division A with his Roman army, finishing ahead of herm and desertedfox. Well played Morbio. :D
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Schweetness101 has won Classical Antiquity Division D!

Post by stockwellpete »

In his first season in the FOG2DL Schweetness101 and his Hannibal in Africa army have won Division D by a substantial 8 point margin. Well played Schweetness101. :D
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Late Antiquity                   A-D tables.jpg
Late Antiquity A-D tables.jpg (932.37 KiB) Viewed 2145 times
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Weekly round-up
As expected dkalenda (Palmyran) completed his victorious passage to the Division A championship with his eighth win this week. I think dkalenda is the player to beat at the moment and we do have many fabulous players playing regularly in this tournament. Second place is still up for grabs with Snugglebunnies (Jewish Revolt) currently holding that position with 23 points from his 9 matches. There could still be late challenges from nyczar (Ancient British), klayeckles (Arab City) or Nosy_Rat (Hunnic). At the bottom there is a 3 way struggle to avoid relegation involving youngr (Dacian), harveylh (Roman) and hidde (Parthian). harveylh and hidde have yet to play each other and that could decide the issue. XLegione (Arab City) also secured his eighth win this week to secure automatic promotion from Division B although he did lose his last match to NikiforosFokas (Sassanid). Morbio (Roman) registered 2 wins to move into second place. At the bottom IMC (Roman), General Shapur (Kingdom of Soissons) and sunnyboy (Hunnic) all need points to avoid the drop and fifth-placed devoncop (Moorish) has an anxious wait having finished his matches with just 10 points. Najanaja (Roman) is top of Division C with 4 wins from 6 starts but everyone else in the division seems to be trying to end up with the same number of points! Just to give an example, Breogan (Germanic Foot Tribes) is currently in ninth place but could still win the division. In Division D MikeMarchant (Ancient British) posted another victory to keep himself clear at the top. Challenges can still come from Ulysisgrunt (Kingdom of Soissons) and "D for Dastardly" Barrold713 (Palmyran) who now has 3 wins from 5 starts. At the bottom gamercb (Roman) and GeneralKostas (Frankish) are currently neck and neck for the wooden spoon position.

Unbeaten runs of 3 matches or more
nyczar (Division A) 3 matches
NikiforosFokas (Division B) 3 matches
DzonVejn (Division C) 3 matches
Karvon (Division C) 4 matches
Najanaja (Division C) 3 matches
Bluefin (Division D) 4 matches
Garokan (Division D) 3 matches
MikeMarchant (Division D) 7 matches
Ulysisgrunt (Division D) 3 matches

Match completion rate (45 matches in total to be played in each division)
Division A - 33 out of 45 matches completed :D
Division B - 32 out of 45 matches completed :D
Division C - 29 out of 45 matches completed :D
Division D - 31 out of 45 matches completed :D

These are good match completion rates.

Player of the week
Garokan (Division D) with 2 wins this week, including a 40-0 whitewash!. :D
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Late Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

Late Antiquity A-B charts.jpg
Late Antiquity A-B charts.jpg (735.99 KiB) Viewed 1843 times
Late Antiquity C-D charts.jpg
Late Antiquity C-D charts.jpg (763.73 KiB) Viewed 1843 times
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

dkalenda has won Late Antiquity Division A!

Post by stockwellpete »

With 8 wins from 9 matches dkalenda and his Palmyran army have comprehensively won Division A of Late Antiquity. Well played dkalenda! :D
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

Early Middle Ages             A-D Tables.jpg
Early Middle Ages A-D Tables.jpg (808.11 KiB) Viewed 2120 times

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”