The Dustbin

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Tresantes
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Tresantes »

Division C

Tresantes (Pyrrhic) defeated Rob123 (Romans) 44-8

A good battle, closer than the score suggests.
XLegione
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Late Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by XLegione »

Division B

XLegione challenges up for

Morbio - Roman 197-284 AD with Arab 312 BC - 299 AD ally
Nijis - Byzantine 493-550 AD

PW: legio

PM sent

Ciao
XLegione
XLegione

Re: Classical Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by XLegione »

Div. A,
XLegione - Samnite 355-272 BC with Gallic 300-101 BC ally
challenges

Cunningcairn - Ptolemaic 55-30 BC with Roman 105-25 BC ally
Geffalrus - Antigonid 320-301 BC

PW: legio
PM sent

Ciao
bomber23

Post by bomber23 »

Division D

bomber23 (Syracuse) defeated General Kostas (Lysimachid) 41-15
Challenge1
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Biblical: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Challenge1 »

Division B

Challenge1 (Lydian 687-551 BC with Greek ally) defeated markwatson360 (Median 626 -550 BC) 60 - 53

A cracking match that could have gone either way right up until the end.

Well fought Mark!

(3-1)
ianiow
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by ianiow »

Div A

ianiow (Arabs) defeated Snugglebunnies (Getae) 59 vs 30
youngr
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by youngr »

Division A

youngr - Median with Babylonian ally defeated XLegione Achaemenid Persian; 67-49

A close game. The Medes managed to turn the flank though at the cost of massed shooting to death of spearmen

Cheers
Richard
desertedfox
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Late Antiquity; winners post your results here . . .

Post by desertedfox »

Division C

desertedfox - Indian 546-599 AD defeated DzonVejn - Sassanid Persian 224-349 AD with Kushan 130 BC-476 AD ally 42-0

Thx 4 a gg.
Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Geffalrus »

vakarr wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:49 am A charge across the stream by massed Thracian peltasts disrupted a hoplite unit that was uphill of it (it had previously suffered some casualties but that was a surprise!).
The funny thing about Offensive Spears like Hoplites and such is that their big advantage in infantry combat is in the successive melee rounds, not on impact. Light spear swords are functionally equivalent to hoplites when charging to impact. Subsequent rounds the advantage shifts as Off Spear has +50 POA over most generic swords. The hill slope probably provided......+25 POA on impact to that hoplite, I think? Since that's the most common slope, I think. So definitely that victory was a rare occurrence statistically speaking. The cohesion drop is probably due to the casualties it suffered previously, as I think those can provide a -1 penalty, cancelling out the +1 heavy infantry normally get. Much more likely that the two units would have stuck together and then you would have a flanking opportunity.

Anyway, congrats on the victory.
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
lydianed
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Early Middle Ages; arrange your matches here . . .

Post by lydianed »

Division C

lydianed (Ghaznavid) challenges oscarius (Rus 960-1053 AD with Viking allies) pw: oscarius

PM sent.
lydianed

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by lydianed »

Div C

lydianed (Ghaznavid) defeated GDod (Arab Conquest) 54:29

GDod brought along huge numbers of superior spears. The more nimble Ghaznavids took advantage of a large wooded area and patiently managed to spread the enemy line and achieve some key flanking moves. Really good game, well played GDod
Rob123

Re: Early Middle Ages; arrange your matches here . . .

Post by Rob123 »

Division C

Rob123 Indian(Nth) with Indian (Sth) allies challenges fikabo Polish 966-1057 with Viking 900-1049AD allies

PW is fika

PM sent
DzonVejn
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by DzonVejn »

Division C

Dzon Vejn (Saka with allies) wins 44-11 VS Rob123 (Romans)
melm
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by melm »

Division B

melm (Andalusian 756-1049AD) beat Nijis (Byzantine 963-987AD) 50-19.

In 1600 pts army match, bow's effectiveness actually increases as player can deploy more bow unit and concentrate them somewhere to loose havoc. Byzantine is one case. It disrupted several of my units before I was able to engage. However, after the middle of Byzantine line was cracked by Muslim spearmen and no more reserve was placed in the middle, Byzantine battle array gradually melted away. The cavalry skirmish on my right flank aka Nijis left flank is also in my favor. It's pleasant to play with Nijis who has good sense of humor. Good game.
Meditans ex luce mundi
fikabo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fikabo »

Division C

fikabo (Jewish+Romans) defeated Rob123 (Romans+Jewish) 55:23

I have many skirmishes which doing what possible to weaken stronger infantry of enemy in centre and with elephant try to lock enemy cavalry from attempt to encircle my army from my left. On my right the same thing make my 2 horses on small hills. My center was first on 4 square hill so I have some terrain handicap. My left wing win and finish battle just in time because my right part of middle start to collapse.
vakarr

Post by vakarr »

fikabo wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:08 am Division C
fikabo (Jewish+Romans) defeated Rob123 (Romans+Jewish) 55:23
I have many skirmishes which doing what possible to weaken stronger infantry of enemy in centre and with elephant try to lock enemy cavalry from attempt to encircle my army from my left. On my right the same thing make my 2 horses on small hills. My center was first on 4 square hill so I have some terrain handicap. My left wing win and finish battle just in time because my right part of middle start to collapse.
So was it the JPF or the PFJ that won?
vakarr

Post by vakarr »

Division D

vakarr (Thracians+Greek allies) defeated rs2excelsior (Romans) 51-13

on perfect Roman terrain - a mountain map with a lake covering one side of the map and a mountain covering the other side, with a bowling green in between. There was a wood and a hill at the Thracian end of the battlefield but the Thracians went in for the attack and destroyed all but two of the non-legionary units. The legionary units were just beginning to make their way through the Thracian infantry when the game ended. The Roman elephant was seen off with some really good shooting and the Roman cavalry suffered similarly before being charged from all directions by light horse. Elsewhere the Thracians advanced across the front of the Roman line or fell back, it was a tough battle to win!
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Division C

Karvon (Sarmatian 350 BC-24 AD) defeated Bluefin (Kappadokian 260 BC - 17 AD) 49=11 for a score of 4-0.

A large river largely walled off the left, though it did have a crossing at each end. A large hill with scattered rough lay on the right closer to the Kappadokains. Beyond the hill, a large forest blocked things off. A small hill lay in about the middle of the Kappodokian area. Two smaller woods provided a bit of protection for each their flanks.

We deployed a small group of light foot hidden in trees beyond the river with the plan of pushing them down and around the enemy right, if the crossing was left unguarded. The rest of our light foot we placed on the right to screen an advance acroos the hill and thru the woods. Our lancers were in four equal divisions. Spread across the middle of the field.

The Kappadokians deployed a mass of medium foot in the middle supported by a warband or two. On each flank were half a dozen horse. Several light horse were also on each wing. A few light foot screened their position.

Our light foot beyond the river made the long march to the far crossing, and ended up skirmishing with a lone enemy horse to no effect. Our lights on the right, swept ahead and disrupted and drove off opposing lights and softened up the enemy horse a bit for the following lancers. We pushed the first division of lancers on our left into the opposing enemy horse, breaking and driving off about half of them and locking into combat with the survivors. The second division we launched into the center to tie down the massed enemy foot. These guys fought gloriously, disrupting and fragmenting a fair number, but eventually got ground down by the numbers and mostly died. The two remaining divisions attacked the enemy left, dispatching most of the enemy horse and then wheeling in on the enemy center to finish off the infantry disorganized by the sacrificial charge of our second division, breaking the enemy army and winning the battle.
2019-10-12 Sarmations vs Kappadocians.jpg
2019-10-12 Sarmations vs Kappadocians.jpg (878.37 KiB) Viewed 2138 times
desertedfox
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by desertedfox »

Division A

desertedfox - Egyptian 664-571 BC defeated youngr - Median 626-550 BC with Babylonian ally 66-32

Thx for a most interesting game. The score doesn't reflect how close the game was.
lydianed

Post by lydianed »

Division B

lydianed (Samnites & Gauls) defeated desertedfox (Antigonids) 45:19

With the map a wide open plain, Sam and the boys were prepared for a tough battle against the hard hitting pikes. The Samnite MF did a decent job of turning both flanks and allowed the cavalry to get behind the Antigonid lines and cause havoc. Thanks for the game.

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”