Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: FOG2DL records

Post by stockwellpete »

rbodleyscott wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:14 pm
Most defeats in the FOG2DL
A bit harsh to publicize this. We don't want to discourage anyone.
I think there are some fairly thick-skinned players in that group and I suspect Barrold713 is a bit peeved he is not at number one in the list. :lol: The players we tend to lose are those who lose heavily in their first season and they are never heard of again. Nevertheless, if players feel I should remove this section then I will do so. :wink:
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: End of season round-up

Post by stockwellpete »

I have posted up all the tournament records today. They can be found here . . . http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 01&t=87344

There are lots of interesting things to read including the fact that we have our first two centurions - players who have completed 100 FOG2DL matches - and they are shadowblack (104) and Ulysisgrunt (102). Well played to the both of you and I hope this time next year you will have reached 200 matches. :D

pantherboy (55) and dkalenda (51) are the first two players to reach 50 victories and our list of players who have achieved a 36 point maximum has increased to 9 players. Nobody has managed it twice yet and it is a feat that will be harder to achieve next season with the introduction of the marginal victory rule.

The last category in the records are the biggest winning margins in matches from the various sections of the tournament. The winning margins in the Late Antiquity section are absolutely huge with Ulysisgrunt achieving a 60 point winning margin in Season 2 and pantherboy a 57 point winning margin in the season just finished.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: FOG Digital League archive

Post by stockwellpete »

obsolete
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

obsolete
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

obsolete
DzonVejn
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by DzonVejn »

That losing list ain't a problem at all - it should actually be good for devs to check on which army lists might need some boost ups (and vice-versa: which lists need some tone downs). I knew Rhoxolani wouldn't do too well this seasons, considering the changes that were implemented (and I somewhat hope previous season had some impact on the said changes :) ), but I wanted to try them against the best players, all the same.

All in all - thanks Pete for the good season, and the opponents for nice games. See you all in February :).
Barrold713
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Barrold713 »

stockwellpete wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:04 pm
Most defeats in the FOG2DL
I think there are some fairly thick-skinned players in that group and I suspect Barrold713 is a bit peeved he is not at number one in the list. :lol: The players we tend to lose are those who lose heavily in their first season and they are never heard of again. Nevertheless, if players feel I should remove this section then I will do so. :wink:
I would not say peeved but I would say if my participation was not curtailed in Season 2 by the shoulder surgery, my collection of Wooden Spoons and therefore my standing in this list would surely have been increased. Win or lose, I have enjoyed the competition and meeting opponents from around the world. The experience has proven helpful in that this season I was close to having a winning record overall.

February's coming gents...the next time I see you...I'll be there. :mrgreen:

BDH
Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Morbio »

Barrold713 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:28 am
stockwellpete wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:04 pm

I would not say peeved but I would say if my participation was not curtailed in Season 2 by the shoulder surgery, my collection of Wooden Spoons and therefore my standing in this list would surely have been increased. Win or lose, I have enjoyed the competition and meeting opponents from around the world. The experience has proven helpful in that this season I was close to having a winning record overall.

February's coming gents...the next time I see you...I'll be there. :mrgreen:

BDH
Kudos for being a good sport :)
hidde
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

The very new FOG2 Digital League archive . . .

Post by hidde »

FOG2DL-Medals, Div. A&B.jpg
FOG2DL-Medals, Div. A&B.jpg (485.47 KiB) Viewed 3515 times
FOG2DL-Medals,Div. C,D,E &TE.jpg
FOG2DL-Medals,Div. C,D,E &TE.jpg (599.67 KiB) Viewed 3515 times
SpeedyCM
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by SpeedyCM »

Yeah nothing wrong with the most defeats list, it is more a reflection on how many games played than anything else.
For myself I scrape in on the top ten of matches played, barely scrape in on top 10 of wins and am only a handful of losses away from making the top ten losses, maybe that should be my goal for season 4 make the top 10 in all three of them. :mrgreen:

Or hell I'm in the top ten of draws too so I'm going for all 4! :D
XLegione
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by XLegione »

Hi Pete, many thanks for your work and for your efforts to manage a very nice competition.

Many thanks also for all my opponents, has been a pleasure to play with you.

See you soon in the next Season.

Take care and Merry Christmas to everybody!!

Ciao

XLegione
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Invitations to Season 4 will be sent out on January 14th

Post by stockwellpete »

Just so you know. :wink:
Jagger2002

Re: Invitations to Season 4 will be sent out on January 14th

Post by Jagger2002 »

How do you get an invitation? Also will you be doing the Biblical Age with Rise of Persia? Thanks!
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Invitations to Season 4 will be sent out on January 14th

Post by stockwellpete »

Jagger2002 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:07 am How do you get an invitation? Also will you be doing the Biblical Age with Rise of Persia? Thanks!
I will add you to the invitation list. The format for Season 4 has not been finalised yet but players will be able to use Rise Of Persia armies in one of the sections on offer. :wink:
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Do you know any of these players?

Post by stockwellpete »

If you have not played in the FOG2 Digital league before and you would like an invitation sent to you on January 14th please post your name in this thread. Already I have spoken to 4 players who are interested in playing in the tournament for the first time - GeneralShapur, bomber123, SawyerK and jagger2002. The FOG2DL is not an automated tournament so you will be required to arrange your own matches and the season will last for 10 weeks always ending on a Sunday evening. New players are usually put with other new players in the lowest divisions unless they have achieved some major victories elsewhere, in Slitherine's own automated tournaments for example. You can win promoton if you do well or be relegated if you struggle (provided there is a division below you). The most successful players can win prize vouchers worth $25 to be spent in the Slitherine store.

And to all those of you who have entered before, please ask any new players you encounter in the next few weeks to consider entering Season 4 of the FOG2DL. If every one of the 60 or so players who entered last time invites just one other player to join then we should get at least 10 new players for the new season and we can stop the gradual decline in numbers that we are currently experiencing. Thanks very much. :D
Rob123

Re: New players required for February 1st . . .

Post by Rob123 »

I am interested in joining in.

Rob123
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Rob123 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:26 pm I am interested in joining in.

Rob123
OK, Rob. I have added you to the invitation list. :wink:
MikeC_81
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by MikeC_81 »

I am tentatively able to commit to one division, please send me an invitation email
Stratford Scramble Tournament

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=494&t=99766&p=861093#p861093

FoG 2 Post Game Analysis Series on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKmEROEwX2fgjoQLlQULhPg/
ruskicanuk
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by ruskicanuk »

We are lucky to have such a well organized league - thank you stockwellpete, thanks to all who are helping out and thank you Slitherine

Happy New Year!
ggarynorman

Post by ggarynorman »

As the incumbent at the top of the Most Defeats list I implore you to retain it. It is my only chance to get my name up in lights (if you ignore my appearance in the Worst Defeats of all time list).

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”