Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

herm
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by herm » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:30 pm

Div B

herm (romans) beat lydianed (samnits) 43-18

lydianed
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by lydianed » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:29 pm

Division B

lydianed (Samnites and Gauls) defeated ulysisgrunt (Jewish) 60:42.

Lots of Jewish zealots put up a dogged resistance on a hill and exacted a heavy price from the Samnites who were forced to attack uphill. Thanks for the game.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:56 pm

Classical Antiquity            A-D tables.jpg
Classical Antiquity A-D tables.jpg (921.79 KiB) Viewed 375 times

SnuggleBunnies
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by SnuggleBunnies » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:32 am

Division A

SnuggleBunnies (Carthaginian (Hannibal in Africa) 202BC) defeats MikeC_81 (Roman 199-106 with Greek allies) 54-24

After much skirmishing, the armies ended up meeting on basically flat open ground, but the Carthaginian elephants proved decisive.

GG

Geffalrus
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Geffalrus » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:49 pm

Division A

Geffalrus (Antigonids) defeats Sennacherib (Pergamenes and Greeks) 9-0 via honorable surrender.

In an attempt to counter the superior unit choice variety of the Pergamenes, the Antigonids decided to go big with pikes, elephants, and horse skirmishers. In turn, the Pergamenes went big with cavalry, Thureophoroi, and foot skirmishers. The Antigonids attempted a fancy flank march that had the effect of drawing the thureos out of their rough ground defensive position and onto the open ground. With a prayer to all the gods, the Antigonid pikes swung around and advanced on the thureos with elephants in support. Unable to wrap around the Antigonid line, the thureos were forced to engage the phalanx frontally. A brave Pergamene general charged his opposite number in a thureos vs. thureos clash.........and was immediately speared in the eye for his troubles. His death disordered the neighboring thureos and shocked the Pergamene commander. This, combined with the Cataphracts failing a fall back roll and then getting promptly charged by the Antigonid elephants, convinced the Pergamene general that all hope was lost.

Good game to my opponent who was undone by some particularly terrible luck.

The Pergamene line in dire straights as raw thureos and disrupted regular thureos find themselves locked in melee with fresh pikes.
Screen_00000716.jpg
Screen_00000716.jpg (556.67 KiB) Viewed 344 times

Sennacherib
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Sennacherib » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:02 pm

I have Lost one general on first round of impact on more than 50% of my games so far, each time i have more chance to win and loose with death of my leader and close friends drop too of course. Please give me the chance percentage of this !

Well done Geffalrus !

XLegione
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by XLegione » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:18 pm

Division A

XLegione - Samnite 355-272 BC with Gallic 300-101 BC ally defeated Sennacherib - Pergaméne 190-129BC with Greek ally 227-146BC 62% - 41%

Ciao

MikeC_81
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by MikeC_81 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:59 pm

Div A

MikeC Romans def XLegione Samnite 52-21
FoG 2 Post Game Analysis Series on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKmEROEwX2fgjoQLlQULhPg/

vakarr
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by vakarr » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:37 am

Div D
vakarr (Thracians with Greek Allies) def Kifi (Macedonians) 53-14 ("Final Losses") or 50-19 (end of battle). The Thracians marched up one side of the battlefield on top of a flat hill that had some patches of rough terrain on it and were able to gain a local superiority at one end of the Macedonian line, which eventually collapsed (a pike phalanx actually exploded or at least disappeared in a puff of javelins). The Macedonians were slow to turn to meet the Thracians but put up a good fight, with the Thracians at 25% worried that they were going to have to fight the pikemen head-on but luckily some rallies took them down below that figure. A blow was struck for freedom from Macedonian tyranny this day!!! My first ever multiplayer game was against a Macedonian army, and I lost, it so it's nice to beat them this time.

SnuggleBunnies
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by SnuggleBunnies » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:28 pm

Division A

SnuggleBunnies (Carthaginian (Hannibal in Africa) 202BC) defeats Triarii (Carthaginian (Hannibal in Italy 216-203BC) with Samnite allies) 63-39

Cheap Phoenician foot, cavalry, and skirmishers held the shaky right flank long enough for the left to be victorious and begin rolling up the line.

GG

Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:41 pm

Division A

Geffalrus (Antigonids) and XLegione (Samnites and Gauls) fight it out to a bloody draw, 58-38

Initially, neither player wanted to commit their heavy infantry as the Samnites held a dominant defensive position on a low ridge with rough patches, anchored by a rocky mesa. To gain an advantage, both sides did the dance of the skirmisher. Much violence between scantily clad men was accomplished, but no decisive result was achieved. The Antigonid phalanx did a few shuffle step maneuvers to see how the Samnites would react. The Samnites in turn, ignored the complex choreography and stayed on their ridge. Depressed by the cold reaction to their dance number, the spirits of the Antigonids were raised when they noticed that some Samnite units had left the mighty mesa in support of the skirmishers currently chasing the Cretan archers. Throwing caution to the wind, the Antigonid phalanx pivoted and marched to engage them with lancers and thureos racing ahead to tie them down. The Samnites were quick to act, and set off in pursuit of the pursuers. The Antigonids were unable to reach the high ground before they were forced to turn and confront the Samnites.........on open ground. A tremendous and bloody clash ensued. The Antigonid pikes swatted down Samnite mediums where they could, but sheer numbers started to tell, and the pikes were gradually outflanked. Complete disaster was averted when the Antigonid cavalry returned on the scene to drive away the Samnite horse and allow the elephants to go on the offensive into the flanks of the Samnite infantry. Two times was victory almost secured, and then snatched away by the clutch rally of a Samnite unit far, far away from the action. Night fell, and the battered armies were forced to withdraw.

Good game to my worthy opponent.

Darkness brings an end to a bloody afternoon.
Screen_00000738.jpg
Screen_00000738.jpg (517.89 KiB) Viewed 250 times
Please consider the below artwork as a more succinct description of what the battle was like:
Bloody Draw.jpg
Bloody Draw.jpg (35.3 KiB) Viewed 250 times
(2-2)

herm
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by herm » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:16 pm

Div B

herm (romans) beat IMC (macedonians) 40-5

Cunningcairn
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Cunningcairn » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:56 pm

Div A

Cunningcairn - Ptolemaic 55-30 BC with Roman 105-25 BC ally beat MorkinTheFree - Pontic 110-85 BC by 43% to 13%

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:48 am

Classical Antiquity            A-D tables.jpg
Classical Antiquity A-D tables.jpg (927.65 KiB) Viewed 182 times

edb1815
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by edb1815 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:26 pm

Division C

edb1815 (Thracian) defeated MikeMarchant (Seleucid) 41% - 13%

Thanks to my opponent for reminding me to post the result! :)

edb1815

Post by edb1815 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:36 pm

Division C

edb1815 (Thracian) draws with Karvon (Sarmatian) 30%-29%

The terrain with bits woods on the flanks and bits of rough terrain and trees scattered about did not favor the Sarmatian lancers. The Sarmatians won the skirmisher battle and advanced finding the Thracian center held by Antigonid allied heavy infantry and an elephant which caused some havoc. The Sarmatians then withdrew to the more open side of the field and more desultory combat occurred (Both sides trying to get at least to the 20% threshold) as night fell on the battlefield. Well played by Karvon.

(2-2)

youngr
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by youngr » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:30 pm

Division A

young (Italian Hill Tribes) defeated sennacherib (Pergamene) 64-45

Cheers
Richard

Cunningcairn
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Cunningcairn » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:55 pm

Div A

Cunningcairn - Ptolemaic 55-30 BC with Roman 105-25 BC ally beat XLegione - Samnite 355-272 BC with Gallic 300-101 BC ally Won 72% to 52%

Probably the closest battle I have ever played. Both armies were completely spent and in the last few rounds both of us went to the brink of breaking and back again. I think going into the last round it was 54% to 52%. Another great contest XLegione! Thanks for the game.

(3-1)

SLancaster

Post by SLancaster » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:44 pm

Div D

SLancaster (Indo-Greek 175BC-10AD with Indian 500BC-319AD ally) beat vakarr (Classical Thracian with Greek allies) 63% - 30%.

It was a good game and my first win with this army in the league. I haven't used the Indians before. After some manoeuvring my left hit his right flank with some force. Thracian wills crumbled in the face of spears, massed archers, elephants and tribesman from Assam. I also had a few chariots running around. Thanks for the game!

Sennacherib

Post by Sennacherib » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:08 am

Division A

Sennacherib ( Pergamène ) beat MorkinTheFree ( Pontus ) 57-27

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”