Custom Map

A new title from Shenandoah Studio, the creators of Battle of the Bulge: March to Glory! Europe, beginning of the XIX century. Born from the ashes of the Ancient-Regime, the new French Empire is putting the old continent on fire, spreading the seeds of the Revolution
Adraeth
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Custom Map

Post by Adraeth »

First of all, thank you custom maps are an excellent step forward.

Just a question:

i see that i am able to start a custom battle without deploying all the unit i have in my order of battle, and i really like it; anyway would it be possible to deploy or manage even the opponent order of battle?

Thus having really different battles on each map; for istance i may opt for a small rearguard action in the Lutzen map, or a meeting engagement on Waterloo map ... and so on.

Thank you
Adraeth

Re: Custom Map

Post by Adraeth »

After some test with custom map , i am confident that allowing the player to even deploy AI (or opponent) army will be just having an "sort of" editor with hundreds of different battles; please allow the creator of the custom battle to deploy opponent army, in terms of deploying not all the units in the order of battle.

For example i made a Friedland battle selecting Russians, i deployed half of my units to simulate a "rearguard" action because france had all the units in her order of battle deployed; if i had the opportunity to choose france units i might have edited a smaller battle with more manouevre space.

So, as i said ... custom battle are a big step forward, with another step this might be a "must have" for an easy to grasp napoleonic game. :D
IonutG
Shenandoah
Shenandoah

Post by IonutG »

Adraeth wrote:After some test with custom map , i am confident that allowing the player to even deploy AI (or opponent) army will be just having an "sort of" editor with hundreds of different battles; please allow the creator of the custom battle to deploy opponent army, in terms of deploying not all the units in the order of battle.

For example i made a Friedland battle selecting Russians, i deployed half of my units to simulate a "rearguard" action because france had all the units in her order of battle deployed; if i had the opportunity to choose france units i might have edited a smaller battle with more manouevre space.

So, as i said ... custom battle are a big step forward, with another step this might be a "must have" for an easy to grasp napoleonic game. :D

Hi Adraeth,

Thank you for the feedback,
We think both ideas are great and we will consider it for future installments.
Adraeth

Post by Adraeth »

Thank you for the 1.5 update :D
IonutG
Shenandoah
Shenandoah

Post by IonutG »

Adraeth wrote:Thank you for the 1.5 update :D
Hi Adraeth,
Thank you!
Adraeth

Post by Adraeth »

Just a quick note to let you know that:

i tried a Borodino map with 8 units per side: Russia (me) started far away from the east with 1 artillery, 3 cavalry and 4 infantries; France (very hard AI) started barely in the middle west with 2 artillery, 2 cavalry and 4 infantries. I managed to rout the french cav while holding towns on the east, aynway french infantry held the ground causing heavy casualties to my infantry, however france was unable to use properly all the artillery for i threatened one of the art with 1 cavalry. By now (battle on the 14th turn) i have a small advantage, but not a clear victory.

Return to “March to Glory”