Non-stop scrolling

IronX
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Non-stop scrolling

Post by IronX »

As you may be aware, certain other peripherals connected to the PC can cause the game's cursor to be controlled - in my case scroll across the screen making the game unplayable. I've since discovered that it's my flight pedals. I do not have this issue with any other game. While I can disconnect them to play the game, it's clearly not desirable. Grateful your support in finding an in-game solution to this problem.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Non-stop scrolling

Post by zakblood »

harder said than done tbh, as it's a driver issue, not really a gaming one, and it's already known, as it has happened and effects many games, with the same issue, and advice is always the same, remove the hardware and the driver issue and software problem almost always goes away
dilore
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by dilore »

zakblood wrote:harder said than done tbh, as it's a driver issue, not really a gaming one, and it's already known, as it has happened and effects many games, with the same issue, and advice is always the same, remove the hardware and the driver issue and software problem almost always goes away
I do not have that problem in any other game where the mouse is used to scroll the map.
It seems therefore to me it's a game issue. The game should only listen to the primary mouse.
It does so very well outside the map (buttons etc).
My MFG Crosswind pedals are connected to the back of my tower which is standing against
the wall under a low table. I have no intention to move the whole tower, and risking other cables to
disconnect, every time I want to play Check Your 6! and then doing the reverse procedure when
I want to use one of my flight sims.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

welcome to the forum, and also sorry for your issues and about your reply,

if you check the unity game engine website, you will see a whole lost of gaming errors with bad or poorly written usb gaming controllers, so the advice sticks, remove the usb while playing if you have an error, or update the drivers for the usb device and see if that makes any difference, apart from that, you may either wait for a unity engine update / upgrade or try and update the mouse drivers and see if either can or does help your issue, but from this side, not sure again what anyone here can do :?:

my usb device are on a switable usb powered box, which is controlled from my desktop, so if i want them on and turn the switch, if i don't, there off but still plugged in.

switches are a few £ at most, i use a 4 port powered usb switchable hub.
dilore

Post by dilore »

As I said, I do not have that problem in other games. That includes games using the Unity engine.
Why should a customer modify her/his hardware setup due to poor programming?
One should expect this product to work out of the box.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

just speaking for myself and not the board etc or developer, but how could anyone design for something they haven't got attached?

not sure it could or can be done, as there's 1000 of combination of external peripherals etc and not everyone will be on the latest set of drivers for the devices they own, how would anyone know which set of drivers or hardware for each device was or were at fault?, the easiest is to remove the device, or like iv'e said in the past and also repeated above, get a powered switchable USB hub, so it can be turned off, so nothing needs to be removed either.

plus you are very very lucky if you have no issues with other unity programs, as it's a known issue just go to there support forums and scroll through the lists, makes interesting reading, so yes, while unity gets updated and new builds every now and then, another build may be better still with external USB devices, but as for programming comments, you'd have to ask someone who knows unity better, eg a programmer from unity.
Thank you very much for explanation! Now it will be easier to deal with such things. The first Red problem occurred, because I have a Controller device in USB drive. I think as there is nothing to support Controller, the problem occurred. Removing it from USB solved the problem.
as this is the tech section a developer will see and if they have anything to comment on im sure they will, so not saying it won't happen, just saying it's hard to code for something you don't have, and fix one, will leave a 1000 not done, eg external USB devices etc :wink:
dilore

Post by dilore »

I am a professional programmer myself (although not in the gaming business).
Coding for a lot of different devices complicates things only if your game is using
them.
In this case only one keyboard and one mouse are used as input devices, so it
should be quite easy to ignore everything else.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

i'm sorry then as i will wait for the developers to reply, as i have said all i can and advised all i know tbh, and don't have the programming knowledge to say one way or another so will leave it for them if they wish to reply or answer on the subject, as my advice still for me stands, seems the easiest and best advice still, and works, 99% of the time,...
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

dilore wrote:I am a professional programmer myself (although not in the gaming business).
Coding for a lot of different devices complicates things only if your game is using
them.
In this case only one keyboard and one mouse are used as input devices, so it
should be quite easy to ignore everything else.
That is not how Unity works by default, so it is non-trivial to just ignore other devices, hence the issues in many other games too.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Check Your 6!: Tech Support”