Aggressors - v1.0.5. "Creators update" changelog

A mix of deep gameplay and rich historical flavor, Aggressors: Ancient Rome lets you relive history as the ruler of one of the mighty civilizations of the ancient Mediterranean. Choose one of twenty available factions and conquer the world.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Aggressors - v1.0.5. "Creators update" changelog

Post by pavelk »

Hello Aggressors!
We have just finished new version v1.0.5. called "Creators update"! You can download the patch here.

It is a pretty big update with interesting changes particularly for scenario creators and modders! We are going to show some of these new features On Friday during our dev stream on Twitch.

The most important changes:
  • Mods and scenarios were finally fully separated. Scenario creators do not have to create mods to change banners, coat of arms, player names, pictures, library pictures, pictures of "leaders", videos or texts. The structure of the scenario folder is exactly the same as for mod (for these items). From now on there is no reason to create mods if you just want to change these items.
  • Official scenarios and save files can be now run with mods derived from prototype mods. You can now run campaign scenario or basically any other scenario or save file in "Holland" mod, "Alexander" mod, "Ancient Orient" mod, "Unit Rebalance" mod or "Food Cost added to Nomads/Settlers" if their creators decide to "mark" their mods as compatible with prototype mod (ancient_rome mod in this case). It is turned off by default because only modder knows if his changes introduce so different behavior that it cannot be used for official mod's files. If modder decides to mark it as compatible, only thing which needs to be added is isCompatibleWithPrototypeModScenarios="true" to the line where <StateMemento is defined.
  • New tool called "Aggressors Map builder" was introduced and added to the game package. This tool greatly simplifies map creation - it accepts any image (any sort of map) and creates the Aggressors' map out of it. Scenario creator can continue working on it in game editor. Do you want to create detailed map of your country, fantasy world or detailed terrain of a famous battle? Sky is the limit!
  • Mods can now specify their own scenario which is used as a template for custom worlds created in that mod. Only thing which needs to be added is defaultScenario="SCENARIO NAME" to the line where <StateMemento is defined. If this is not defined or does not exist, campaign scenario is used as the used template.
Apart from it, there have also been some changes in other parts of the game.
Changelog:

User interface
  • Cities in the "Change capital" window are now sorted per size.
  • In game editor when changing terrains, scenario creator can also specify "range" of this change. This greatly speeds up the map creation.
  • Customized world setting used for the last map is now "remembered" and used again next time.
Game core
  • Alert "wakes up" also fortified units (apart from sleeping units and units already marked as "skipped").
AI player
  • AI bug related to overlooked support of starving cities fixed.
Data
  • Default "development" option in "Customized world" window was changed to civilized.
Bugs
  • Victory video issues were fixed.
  • City labels got hidden when camera moved to "top view" fixed.
  • Couple of rare bugs causing CTDs fixed.
Last edited by pavelk on Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Re: V 1.0.5 "Creators update" changelog

Post by pavelk »

Africa in map builder
Attachments
Africa
Africa
mapBuilder1.jpg (874.1 KiB) Viewed 4918 times
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Asia in Map builder
Attachments
Asia
Asia
mapBuilder2.jpg (888.35 KiB) Viewed 4917 times
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Australia in map builder
Attachments
Australia
Australia
mapBuilder3.jpg (654.98 KiB) Viewed 4916 times
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

South America in Map builder
Attachments
South America
South America
mapBuilder4.jpg (753.63 KiB) Viewed 4915 times
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Central America in Map Builder
Attachments
Central America
Central America
mapBuilder5.jpg (887.88 KiB) Viewed 4914 times
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Campaign map in
  1. Ancient Rome mod
  2. Alexander mod
  3. Holland mod
Attachments
Same scenario different mods
Same scenario different mods
sameScenario.jpg (713.13 KiB) Viewed 4913 times
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Map builder tool
Attachments
Map builder tool
Map builder tool
mapBuilder.jpg (833.44 KiB) Viewed 4912 times
gwgardner
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by gwgardner »

I don't have much to say, because I'm not a 'creator,' or modder, other than this is another example of your excellence in your craft. I don't know of many, if any other, developer who is as ready to answer whatever call comes up from the players. Kudos.
dejvid2
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: V 1.0.5. "Creators update" changelog

Post by dejvid2 »

This tool is simply awesome. It is far more polished and user friendly than I was expecting. More than in my wildest dreams.

I have already got a scenario into playable form.

There is one downside. It is so quick to create maps that I will soon have far far more than it will ever be possible to make into proper scenarios. :-(
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Re: V 1.0.5. "Creators update" changelog

Post by pavelk »

dejvid2 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:21 amThis tool is simply awesome. It is far more polished and user friendly than I was expecting. More than in my wildest dreams.
Hi dejvid2,
great to hear that:) Sorry it took longer than we initally thought. Those improvements like UI Scaling and alternative mouse control which were initially not scheduled pushed this a bit lower in our TODO list.
dejvid2 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:21 amThere is one downside. It is so quick to create maps that I will soon have far far more than it will ever be possible to make into proper scenarios. :-(
There is a possibility that we will add something like "randomly placed players" in future updates but this will not really solve the problem. The map would be playable straight away but it will not help with proper scenario creation.

We are looking forward to see your scenario:)

Return to “Aggressors: Ancient Rome”