How Are Empires With Large Off-Board Holdings Handled?

A mix of deep gameplay and rich historical flavor, Aggressors: Ancient Rome lets you relive history as the ruler of one of the mighty civilizations of the ancient Mediterranean. Choose one of twenty available factions and conquer the world.
lordhoff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

How Are Empires With Large Off-Board Holdings Handled?

Post by lordhoff »

Well, the topic says it all. I'm wondering specifically about the Seleucid Empire which still had large holdings to the east after it's defeat by the Mauryan Empire. Do they get off-map income? Off-map population? Since Babylon isn't on the map, what is the meaning of their on-map capital city? There are a lot of games where boundaries cut off areas that provided large amounts of resources and I'm assuming most are handled similarly.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Re: How Are Empires With Large Off-Board Holdings Handled?

Post by pavelk »

Hello lordhoff,
unfortunately in the official scenario there is no off-map income or any other "replacement" for cut parts of a land. It is definitely something we will keep this in mind next time;)
lordhoff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by lordhoff »

Thanks. I think that is pretty standard as the additional land areas open a kind of spherical problem. One can add population and income but how much of that is affected by other off-board actors? How much of these off-board actors are affected by other off-board actors? It really doesn't end until the whole globe is considered and that would be a LOT of work.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Well, that is partially true, but in our case I think making this for Seleucid empire and maybe for Celtic tribes would make it work. Of cource the game would still miss invasions and migrations of other nations but that's a tradeoff coming with every map covering just part of Earth.

Return to “Aggressors: Ancient Rome”