How does the game comapre to Commander Europe at War?

Commander - Napoleon at War is a turn based strategy game that brings gaming back to its roots - it's fun!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

OxfordGuy3
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

How does the game comapre to Commander Europe at War?

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Hi - I love Commander Europe at War, but am interested in the Napoleonic period, how does this game compare? If the AI is like CEAW it's probably rubbish, but there's a god PBEM crowd for CEAW (and plenty of helpful AARs, which seem missing here - do any exist that someone could point me to?). Are there many people still playing this game PBEM? If so, I could be interested in trying it. Is the game any good or are there major flaws? I like the (relatively) simple to play, but hard to master aspect of CEAW, though obviously this has had more development over the years.
OxfordGuy3

Re: How does the game comapre to Commander Europe at War?

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Anyone? Or am I shouting into a void? :-)
Ostwindflak
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: How does the game comapre to Commander Europe at War?

Post by Ostwindflak »

I bought this game about a week and half ago on sale. I can say that it is very similar to CEAW only a different time period. Yes the AI is comparable to CEAW. In my game as the coalition the French have done a few things that have made me scratch my head in bewilderment. (Most notably keeping the Line Infantry Corps lead by Napoleon sitting for most of the game on a horse farm in Austria :shock: ) I have no experience with PBEM so I can't attest to it. But it is a very fun game. If you like CEAW you will def. like this game. :D

-Jason

Return to “Commander - Napoleon at War”