Why Can't I Travel Trough Vienna?

Commander - Napoleon at War is a turn based strategy game that brings gaming back to its roots - it's fun!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

GaryChildress
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Why Can't I Travel Trough Vienna?

Post by GaryChildress »

As French I captured Vienna and now I can't enter the city or any hex adjacent to it. This is serving to block the road west so that I have to go around Vienna through rough terrain which slows my units. What is going on with Vienna? Why can't I enter any of those hexes? Thanks. :?

firepowerjohan
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by firepowerjohan »

They serve as deploy hexes for the Vassal. Without it, revolts would be crushed in one turn so this serves as an abstract way of providing balance. The broken road does not prevent using wagons though, so u can use wagons for long distance travel fro example from Paris to Russia.
Johan Persson - Firepower Entertainment
Lead Developer of CEAW, CNAW and World Empires Live (http://www.worldempireslive.com)
borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by borsook79 »

firepowerjohan wrote:They serve as deploy hexes for the Vassal. Without it, revolts would be crushed in one turn so this serves as an abstract way of providing balance. The broken road does not prevent using wagons though, so u can use wagons for long distance travel fro example from Paris to Russia.
Ideally the French should be able to use the road without the ability to finish the move there, if it's not possible due to too much code changes then how about adding road to the two hexes around that circle so that it maintains the continuity?
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
joerock22
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by joerock22 »

I agree. The conquered Austrians can't very well tell the French they can't march through Vienna now, can they? I understand why the city and the surrounding hexes are off limits, but it would be nice to be able to march through, maybe jump across the city using some movement points. Extra wagon moves are expensive in this game!

Return to “Commander - Napoleon at War”