mouse won't show

Tech Support
JPLOZ
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

mouse won't show

Post by JPLOZ »

I have had this problem for some tine. Until the last update, restarting the game eventually solved this problem. However with the 1.2.7 update I cannot see my mouse when I start the game. When I could see the mouse pointer it was very small. Now I can't see it no matter how many times I restart the game. I have attached my dxdiag and MSinfo file. I have the most recent Nividia drivers (and other drivers) and I tried disabling my firewall without any change. Can anyone tell me what steps to take to solve this problem?
Attachments
40000gladius.zip
(167.89 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: mouse won't show

Post by zakblood »

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4130 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8192MB RAM
User DPI Setting: 192 DPI (200 percent)
System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750
Display Memory: 5080 MB
Dedicated Memory: 984 MB
Shared Memory: 4095 MB
Current Mode: 3840 x 2160 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: U32J59x
Monitor Id: SAM0F52
Native Mode: 3840 x 2160(p) (60.000Hz)

Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Gladius.exe

for me your using a 64bit O/S and only have 8gb of ram, of which 4gb of that is shared to the VGA card, leaving only 4gb for the system and game, alter the card to use just 1 to 2gb of memory and reboot and see if that make it's any better,

tbh also your using a 4k screen, add in the fact that your CPU is low end, same as the GPU, meaning the both will be working over time to display and just run windows 10 tbh, most think running 4k and high DPI is easy, but it's not, it taxes the system and makes everything work harder, so a game on it's own is one thing, add in anything running in the background into the equation and then your lucky it's doesn't hang more often, advice is, free up more ram

see if that works,

if it doesn't, either add in more ram, or make less apps run at the same time as the game, freeing up more ram.

or pick a lower screen size and then see if it's more stable, the mouse coming and going could be anything, but as that's not showing up as an error, for me it's something else.

running the game and steam as admin normally helps
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

if you look at the MSinfo logs towards to the bottom of the page, you have almost every game you use hanging at one time or another, for me some simple house cleaning may help, as this is a upgraded from a previous version of windows, so any error on the old system can effect the new one, to sort out most problems like these, as it's written in the logs as proof, there's too many errors on too many different games for it to be one game error, so look a bit closer to home i'm sorry to say, repairing windows sometimes sorts some errors out, but nothing fixes errors like a reinstall, just back up any data and the reinstall from fresh, wiping the old system so nothing is taken over is may advice, then once done, install all games as right click install as admin, and run all games the same, altering the shortcuts so they always run as admin imo is easier and quicker
JPLOZ
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by JPLOZ »

Zakblood, can you tell me how to change the memory used by my VGA card?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

you would need to go into your BIOS at start up, and how to do that depends on the make and model of the mother board
JPLOZ
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by JPLOZ »

I got into bios, but I cannot find out how to change the shared system memory.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

some you can, some you can't, if you can it will or should be in the advanced part

Code: Select all

https://appuals.com/how-to-increase-intel-graphics-dedicated-video-memory/
don't do anything else or the pc may not reboot, so make sure 100% you know what your doing, if not, come out and don't save changers just in case, then go back into windows, and let someone who knows it have a look, if there is none, only other option is either add ram, quickest, or a clean install of windows 10, which will fix almost all errors.

tbh we only do game support, not hardware as such, and from the look of your msfile attached, you have so many, i'd still say your best chance is a clean install, but ask support and see if they have another idea first, as staff support are the one's who may suggest something totally different

support@slitherine.co.uk

just link them to this so they at least know what i've tried and suggested first, good luck
JPLOZ
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by JPLOZ »

Thanks for your help Zakblood. I'll take one more look at my bios. I'm not going to do a full reinstall of everything for one game. I am going to buy a new computer with much more RAM early next year. I may have to wait to play the game until then.
I am not having issues with any other game or program.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

MSinfo logs say otherwise, and the list of game hangs goes on for ever and a day, so a very long report tbh, so good luck on the new computer, when you wish to reinstall new games on it, pm me and i'll advice on the easy way to sort out any windows 10 issues, so it's goes smoothly

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Tech Support”