[Mod WIP - Ready to play] Sisters of Battle 0.9.6.8

Cocolito
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

[Mod WIP - Ready to play] Sisters of Battle 0.9.6.8

Post by Cocolito »

This is a mod to bring in the Sisters Of Battle faction into the game. It's still in a very early state, but hopefully within the next week the fundamental mechanics will be ready for public testing.
I'm using the Space Marines as a template to work off of, and I'm still using all in game assets to act as a placeholder for the units.

While at first, they cover the same play style as space marines, they rely heavily on their Act of Faith ability which cost influence for each unit. They also have lower HP, but small invulnerability boost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's what the mod includes:

HQ:
-Canoness: the first main hero, meant as support unit (with accuracy buffs) and has minor tanking ability due to high armor.
-Arch Confessor: Second hero with offensive unit support with offensive and defensive buffing abilities
-Inquisitor: Third hero with debuffing abilities.
-Celestine: Very high tier hero unit. Only one allowed. Strong defense and very high offensive melee attacks with AoE buffing skills.

Infantry:
-Battle Sisters: Basic 6 troop unit with bolters and and Act of Faith that increases accuracy.
-Dominion Squad: Scouting unit with melta guns. They're on foot, so their movement is the lowest of the scouting units in game, but their weapons make them a very early anti armor unit. Their Act of faith grants them the Ignore cover trait.
-Retributor Squad: 4 troop heavy weapon unit with heavy bolters. Their Act of Faith grants the Rending trait.

Elite Troops:
-Seraphim: 3 troop jump squad with dual hand flamer pistols. Their Act of Faith adds the Shred trait (which I'll create to increase weapon dmg, since the trait doesn't currently exist in the game).
-Repentia Squad: An unarmored squad wielding Eviscerators (large chainswords that act as power fist with armourbane trait). Very squishy unit, but extremely powerful in melee. Act of faith adds Feel no pain trait.
-Missionary: Weak melee unit, but can buff other melee units, raise Honoured Imperiums and found new cities.

Mechs:
Rhino: Basic transport tank.
Immolator: Transport tank with 2 heavy flamers.
Penitent Engine: Low defense, high melee damage output walker.
Exorcist: Long range anti armor tank

Flyers:
Avenger Strike Fighter: Basic fighter with twin-linked lasconnon, avenger bolt cannon and (up-gradable) hellstrike missiles.
Arvus Troop transport: Not meant for combat, but focuses on transport. Has an ability to carry troops to orbit and redeploy anywhere on the map (via teleportation).

Fortification:
Honoured Imperium: Imperial statue that increases city loyalty, influence and grants small cover buff and stubborn trait to friendly units.
Wall of Martyrs Imperial Bunker: Built by cities, it is a strong fortification that has anti air weapons and can garrison 2 infantry units.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm hoping to make this faction feel different enough from the SM to not feel like a copy. They're not as tanky due to lower hitpoints, and most of their weaponry is closer ranged, so mobility is a big factor for them. The early troop transport vehicles should make up for this.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently, the mod is still using in game assets (Most sister units are using Space Marines models, a few from Imperial Guard and Orks). I have gotten into contact with another modder who will help bring in Sisters of Battle models from the Dawn of War Soulstorm game, but it'll be a while before we get them in this mod.

*Edit*
Latest version is up. Only thing missing are the proper models. Quest line, units, abilities, traits, etc are done. If you have any issues or comments on improvements, let me know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aaue-N ... 5MadS/view

Showcase video on the units:
https://youtu.be/MSIOnat_GEI
Last edited by Cocolito on Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cocolito

Re: [Mod WIP - Ready to play] Sisters of Battle 0.9.6.6

Post by Cocolito »

Version 0.9.6.6 is now up.
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Post by Parallax »

Thanks :) I'm working on russian translation of your mod and it's almost done. Can't wait for sister's models
Cocolito

Post by Cocolito »

Parallax wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:06 pm Thanks :) I'm working on russian translation of your mod and it's almost done. Can't wait for sister's models
That's great. I appreciate it. I'm still working on some of the text (flavor text, descriptions, minor errors and such). I hope to get them all hammered out once I get the models in and have this completed
Cocolito

Re: [Mod WIP - Ready to play] Sisters of Battle 0.9.6.7

Post by Cocolito »

Version 0.9.6.7 is now up. Slight changes for balance. Dominions are now built in the Armoury. Reason for this is 1. To match how other scout units are built throughout the other factions, and 2. To fix an odd text bug which occurs 50% of the time when unlocking the Armoury.
Also changed the Daemon Engine from the Quest to match the Soul Grinder from the Chaos codex, along with adding the Blood Crushers unit to the last stage of the quest.
Other minor text fixes has also been added. Please continue to assist me with bug/text errors you find while playing the mod. Thank You all.
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

The russian translation is over :) Waiting for proper sister's models to start hunt for typos, mistakes and heretics
PS. Aekar, i'm starting translation of your Imperial Guard mod 8)
Cocolito

Re: [Mod WIP - Ready to play] Sisters of Battle 0.9.6.8

Post by Cocolito »

Version 0.9.6.8 is now up. Made a few changes to the Elite skills of the Canoness and Arch Confessor. I noticed they weren't working as intended as passive skills. so I made them active skills with cool downs. Also made a few balance changes, add a ton of flavor text and corrected a bunch of text errors in various descriptions.
Cocolito

Post by Cocolito »

Parallax wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:59 am The russian translation is over :) Waiting for proper sister's models to start hunt for typos, mistakes and heretics
PS. Aekar, i'm starting translation of your Imperial Guard mod 8)
Thanks a lot for your hard work :)
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

Cocolito wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:47 am Thanks a lot for your hard work :)
Thanks to you :)

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Modding”