Models replacement

Alex20na
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Models replacement

Post by Alex20na » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:34 am

Hello there, does anyone have experience with replacing the models? I wanna replace the vanilla chaos lord with Eliphas's model from Dawn of War Dark Crusade. Has anyone attempted/has experience to use dawn of war models with any success? Is it doable? If yes, what are the steps and tools needed? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I need to extract the model from Dawn of War and convert it for Gladius?

Kabookie
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Models replacement

Post by Kabookie » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:50 am

high level:
- extract the files from DOW and get the models into 3ds Max
- edit the models so that you have 1 skin that contains all the bones (this is not as simple as just joining them else you will lose the dow animations or they will not work as expected), weapons are separate and are not part of that 1 skin just fyi
- while editing you will need to change their positioning as they are facing the wrong way (ive a video somewhere about this, from memory its change to positive x, its been a little while since ive done one)
- use the gladius scripts to extract the models (ive a vid somewhere on this)
- update textures, dow only has Diffuse and they are in parts so you need to join them into 1 diffuse, then you will need to make normal and SIC.
- do the xml

Alex20na
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Alex20na » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:47 pm

Kabookie wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:50 am
high level:
- extract the files from DOW and get the models into 3ds Max
- edit the models so that you have 1 skin that contains all the bones (this is not as simple as just joining them else you will lose the dow animations or they will not work as expected), weapons are separate and are not part of that 1 skin just fyi
- while editing you will need to change their positioning as they are facing the wrong way (ive a video somewhere about this, from memory its change to positive x, its been a little while since ive done one)
- use the gladius scripts to extract the models (ive a vid somewhere on this)
- update textures, dow only has Diffuse and they are in parts so you need to join them into 1 diffuse, then you will need to make normal and SIC.
- do the xml
Thank you! Definitely not impossible, but certainly it's gonna take some time.

Kabookie
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Kabookie » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:20 am

Definately not impossible :) I have a Dow unit 'pink horrors' in my neutral mod.

Alex20na
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Alex20na » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:32 am

Kabookie wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:20 am
Definately not impossible :) I have a Dow unit 'pink horrors' in my neutral mod.
Yeah, I saw it and it was awesome, I should really modify the files to get my master of possession to summon horrors, since there is no daemon unit in the game and I kinda miss those fellas.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Modding”