Medieval Cypriot - Any Suggestions?

A forum for any questions relating to army design, the army companion books and upcoming lists.

Moderators: hammy, philqw78, terrys, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

RobKhan
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Medieval Cypriot - Any Suggestions?

Post by RobKhan »

Hi All,
Does anyone have any tips for Med. Cypriots. You can get a lot of Arm.Def. Spears, Knights, XBows, some LF Bows and some Off. MF. spears.
Has anyone played this? My current trial list has 2 BG of knights and 4 BG of Def. Sp and the Catalan MF. Off. Sp.

Cheers
Robkhan
"Merry it was to laugh there
Where death becomes absurd and life absurder.
For power was on us as we slashed bones bare.
Not to feel sickness or remorse of murder." Wilfred Owen 1893-1918.
ravenflight
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Medieval Cypriot - Any Suggestions?

Post by ravenflight »

RobKhan wrote:Hi All,
Does anyone have any tips for Med. Cypriots. You can get a lot of Arm.Def. Spears, Knights, XBows, some LF Bows and some Off. MF. spears.
Has anyone played this? My current trial list has 2 BG of knights and 4 BG of Def. Sp and the Catalan MF. Off. Sp.

Cheers
Robkhan
In V1 I looked at various Armoured defensive spear armies and I think Hungarians won out for some reason.
ItalicaAcies
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Medieval Cypriot - Any Suggestions?

Post by ItalicaAcies »

I see some fun in this list by the Historical POW, IMHO having a lot of feudal knight with anachronistic superior Almughavars and Venetian Troops (not to forgot Turkish mercenaries LH) is quite a freak army. Nonetheless, having some Pikemen I would suggest you, but in late XV century defensive spearmen is not enough against European armies. If you play it in the feudal timeframe, otherwise should be fine and a bit more coherent.

Return to “Army Design”