Wars of the Roses army list query

A forum for any questions relating to army design, the army companion books and upcoming lists.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

rogerg
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Wars of the Roses army list query

Post by rogerg » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:54 am

In the core troops section, does the 'all or none' for longbowmen being equipped with stakes also apply to the Welsh longbowmen in the optional troops or is it just for the retinue longbow in the core troops section?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Wars of the Roses army list query

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:09 pm

rogerg wrote:In the core troops section, does the 'all or none' for longbowmen being equipped with stakes also apply to the Welsh longbowmen in the optional troops or is it just for the retinue longbow in the core troops section?
It applies to all longbowmen in the list.

You finally decided to bite the bullet and pay for stakes then Roger? Burton was the first time I could bring myself to part with the points for them, but they were worth it and I would certainly use them again.

rogerg
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by rogerg » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:17 pm

Not quite, I have only just made some stakes so it wasn't an option at Burton. Now I will have to go and make some more for the Welsh. I was going to make some field fortifications this weekend anyway, I'll just sharpen a few more cocktail sticks.

nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:14 pm

I changed my Anglo-Irish army specifically so it could have the stakes - very useful IMO.

Mind you at Badcon the first time a BG could deploy them - the Drilled Justicar's longbowmen with an attached IC - they went and rolled 1,1 allowing Ian Speed's German knights to charge into them :shock: They actually took about 3 bounds to break but it was grimly inevitable :?

Return to “Army Design”