No Naval?

A forum for any questions relating to army design, the army companion books and upcoming lists.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

Unclemeat
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

No Naval?

Post by Unclemeat » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:53 pm

In previous rules by the author (RBS) and in other systems too, army lists included options for boats and/or naval elements. In DBX you can't take a coastline without some ships/boats. Now in FOG there are no naval elements and anyone can fight by the seaside. Why the change in philosophy? Actually I really can't think of any battle from antiquity that would have included land and sea elements, although I assume as we get to the Viking Age there may be some (like a flank march from the sea!) that might occur. Infact if you take a sea coast as the invader it would be fun to see some naval elements parked by the beach as part of a camp.

Bob

ars_belli
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by ars_belli » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:31 pm

Hi Bob,

To answer your question, please see the following earlier threads on the same topic:

viewtopic.php?t=5417&highlight=naval

viewtopic.php?t=5165&highlight=naval

Cheers,
Scott

will05
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by will05 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:36 pm

Hi
lots of campaigning and several battles fought and often won by the Athenian empire were of this sought I believe.

Ironhand
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Ironhand » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:49 am

If you folks would read the previous threads, you'd see that the authors have said that naval rules will be included in a forthcoming campaign supplement.

Return to “Army Design”