Immortal Fire - Classical Greek List - Undrilled or Drilled

A forum for any questions relating to army design, the army companion books and upcoming lists.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

JerryA92656
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Immortal Fire - Classical Greek List - Undrilled or Drilled

Post by JerryA92656 »

In the Classical Greek list there are 2 cavalry entries that say "Undrilled or Drilled". Does this mean I get the choice between undrilled or drilled but the cost is exactly the same regardless of the one I choose/
shall
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by shall »

Mine only has LH entries for that - which are the same points anyway

Are you sure you haven't misread it?

Si
Simon Hall
"May your dice roll 6s (unless ye be poor)"
JerryA92656

Post by JerryA92656 »

You are correct. Light horse not cavalry. However my question still applies. What does it mean?
Draka
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Draka »

If you read through the rules very carefully, it will become obvious that unlike other rulesets, cavalry does not mean "man on horse". There are in fact four categories of this - Light Horse (which can only be skirmishers and thus do not use drilled/undrilled), Knights, catafracts and everything else - which is the category of cavalry. It does get confusing at first - but see page 128. Only the latter three categories have to worry about - and pay for - drilled status.
lpgamble
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by lpgamble »

>Knights, catafracts and everything else - which is the category of cavalry. It does get confusing at first - but see >page 128. Only the latter three categories have to worry about - and pay for - drilled status.

I disagree with this. If you look at the appendix for point costs drilled costs an extra point, even if your LH. Now whether there is such an animal as Drilled LH is a different question.
ars_belli
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by ars_belli »

lpgamble wrote:If you look at the appendix for point costs drilled costs an extra point, even if your LH.
I am afraid that is incorrect. At the top of the Points Values table on p. 149, it clearly says "Extra if Drilled unless LF or LH." Perhaps you were thinking of Unprotected troops, a distinct and separate classification.

Cheers,
Scott
lpgamble

Post by lpgamble »

Dang dont have the book in front of me, but I didn't write down an exception on the Drilled point cost line in my spreadsheet. Thats going to mess up my template if I left of exception text for that column. Oh well yet another =if column to add.

Return to “Army Design”