Early Successor list question

A forum for any questions relating to army design, the army companion books and upcoming lists.

Moderators: hammy, philqw78, terrys, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

OldenTired
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Early Successor list question

Post by OldenTired »

The Early Successor list states that Antigonos One-Eye "was based in Asia Minor". No worries there.

This lets me take 4 Mede LH.

The list then says that Macedonia can have 0-16 bases of Greek Hoplites.

Can I claim Antigonos to be Macedonian? My history book has the Antigonid Dynasty as the faction that controlled Macedonia for much of this period.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Early Successor list question

Post by rbodleyscott »

OldenTired wrote:The Early Successor list states that Antigonos One-Eye "was based in Asia Minor". No worries there.

This lets me take 4 Mede LH.

The list then says that Macedonia can have 0-16 bases of Greek Hoplites.

Can I claim Antigonos to be Macedonian?
All the Successors were Macedonian (apart from Eumenes), but Antigonos One-Eye never controlled Macedon, so he cannot used options only permitted to Macedon.

All the "Only x" things in the Early Successor list are mutually exclusive. (Apart from the Seleukos and Lysimachos Special Campaign).
My history book has the Antigonid Dynasty as the faction that controlled Macedonia for much of this period.
Only after Antigonos One-Eye's grandson (Antigonos Knock-Knees) took control there. Antigonos One'Eyes son Demetrios did control Macedon for a while, but not till after Antigonos One-Eye's defeat and death.
OldenTired

Re: Early Successor list question

Post by OldenTired »

rbodleyscott wrote:
All the Successors were Macedonian (apart from Eumenes), but Antigonos One-Eye never controlled Macedon, so he cannot used options only permitted to Macedon.

All the "Only x" things in the Early Successor list are mutually exclusive. (Apart from the Seleukos and Lysimachos Special Campaign).
argh... looks like i'll be re-writing that competition list again!!

unless I just run the HF Hoplites as MH Iphrikratens... That or ditch the Mede LH and upgrade on hoplites BG to Armoured thorakitai.

do you think one BG of MF Off Foot in a competition army is too few? i've found they're useful for holding rough ground, but not great. in DBM you could use one or two auxilia to control spaces, but in FoG isolated BG seem to become targets.
nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger »

I'd prefer 2 BGs of MF.
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk
OldenTired

Post by OldenTired »

nikgaukroger wrote:I'd prefer 2 BGs of MF.
problem solved then.

i'll just keep the list as is and field them as MF. pity about the 15mm bases.

Return to “Army Design”