Later Hindu South Indian

A forum for any questions relating to army design, the army companion books and upcoming lists.

Moderators: hammy, philqw78, terrys, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

RSDPIT
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Later Hindu South Indian

Post by RSDPIT »

This may just be me having a senior moment, but are the Sinhalese militia unusable by the Chola Empire? my confusion arises from the fact that Sinhalese were actually situated in what is now Sri Lanka, but Sri Lanka was also part of The Chola Empire so you would have thought the Chola's would have had access to them?
grahambriggs
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: Later Hindu South Indian

Post by grahambriggs »

RSDPIT wrote:This may just be me having a senior moment, but are the Sinhalese militia unusable by the Chola Empire? my confusion arises from the fact that Sinhalese were actually situated in what is now Sri Lanka, but Sri Lanka was also part of The Chola Empire so you would have thought the Chola's would have had access to them?
Correct. I suspect the thinking is that the Sinhalese militia improved to average quality in the Chola Empire period and some were part of the standing army - i.e. the troops in the "Archers" line.

Return to “Army Design”