[Release]Holland -Battle over Rhenus 50 B.C.

pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Re: [Release]Holland -Battle over Rhenus 50 B.C.

Post by pavelk » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:10 pm

gwgardner wrote:An idea for the Romans, re costs: setup up a dummy country, ie Rome itself, offmap, or even on map but not touchable by other countries, and have a permanent trade route/trade setup sending in supplies from Rome.
This is not possible but it can be achieved by couple of lines in scripts...

gwgardner
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by gwgardner » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:49 pm

Appears to be a problem with the one-tile-wide rivers: a friendly country ship blocks movement?
Attachments
ships.jpg
ships.jpg (70.15 KiB) Viewed 877 times

pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:51 pm

gwgardner wrote:Appears to be a problem with the one-tile-wide rivers: a friendly country ship blocks movement?
If you have homeland movement it should not be a problem. Otherwise that is how it works now.

gwgardner

Post by gwgardner » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:55 pm

I played 10-12 turns as the Romans. Very interesting geography and situation, given some correction to the costs and state of research. By this point, I have sold almost all my forts and half of my cities have rebelled or been abandoned. The Tectari and Usipati (sp) have whipped me badly, and are in federation. Took over all my border forts, destroyed my tower. I've been shipping soldiers from other provinces, but there's no time. I'll start a game as one of the tribes.

gwgardner

Post by gwgardner » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:57 pm

pavelk wrote:
gwgardner wrote:Appears to be a problem with the one-tile-wide rivers: a friendly country ship blocks movement?
If you have homeland movement it should not be a problem. Otherwise that is how it works now.
Perhaps Cablenexus can force all 'at peace' relations to include 'homeland movement?'

On the other hand, perhaps this adds an element of tension to the scenario, wherein if the Romans want to move their ships down that river badly enough they have a choice: amend their treaty, or blow the 'friendly' blocking ship out of the water. How dare such a so-called friendly tribe block Roman transports!
Last edited by gwgardner on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gwgardner

Post by gwgardner » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:28 pm

Had a ctd starting a Nervii game. logs sent via automatic mechanism.

Non-repeatable, as started ok the second time.

pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:36 pm

gwgardner wrote:Had a ctd starting a Nervii game. logs sent via automatic mechanism.
Received, thank you. I will have a look today.

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:18 pm

gwgardner wrote:Had a ctd starting a Nervii game. logs sent via automatic mechanism.

Interesting, this was also the only tribe so far that did give me an empty city name.
I will look if there is something unique in the scenario here as well.

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:21 pm

gwgardner wrote:An idea for the Romans, re costs: setup up a dummy country, ie Rome itself, offmap, or even on map but not touchable by other countries, and have a permanent trade route/trade setup sending in supplies from Rome. A few stone, a few wood, some gold - enough for bare maintenance of the structures and force that are present in the Roman province. I doubt in real life a Roman province, especially on the outskirts of the empire, would be expected to pay its own way in everything.

Such a trade route would be an excellent target for the enemy tribes.
This is actually not a bad idea at all and I thought already to use the last tribe for this reason. (I have 19 now of 20 standard tribes customized).

But I was not thinking to do this with Rome, but to build an island, heavenly protected in the Northsea (upper left part of map) representing England nations.
This makes sense since the Frisii and other Northern tribes traded with them.
I will see what is the best way to implement this, just as a nation that plays the game, or a scripted trade center. (to cover lack of resources for forts for example).

Good idea!

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:28 pm

gwgardner wrote:I played 10-12 turns as the Romans. Very interesting geography and situation, given some correction to the costs and state of research. By this point, I have sold almost all my forts and half of my cities have rebelled or been abandoned. The Tectari and Usipati (sp) have whipped me badly, and are in federation. Took over all my border forts, destroyed my tower. I've been shipping soldiers from other provinces, but there's no time. I'll start a game as one of the tribes.
Don't forget that also Rome had much difficulties to survive in the Holland landscape (see also intro text for Roman empire) and needed the surrounding tribes badly. They needed the Frisii to protect them from Germanic tribes in the North, for trade, and some of the surrounding tribes supported Rome, like the Texuandri and the Frisiavones (I believe).

I don't want to script the game, since I want everyone to play how they want, but if you use historical accuracy in the scenario (Something that I want to learn the player with message window or simple objectives at start), it will help you to survive.

The Tenctari and the Usitepes where slaughtered by the Roman Empire. But what if they had a conf together and get help from (Eastern) Germanic tribes?

The fun is that I experience that everytime you start the game the colored blobs of tribes appears differently. Sometimes Rome win from Usipetes like in real life and sometimes I see they survive.
There is no script used here, it's just AI behaviour.
I saw Frissi made conf with Wes-Frisii, but I also saw Wes-Frissi making a bond with Batavi and fight Frisii.

I like it that way.

But thank you very much to tell me how your experience with Rome is.
If you find ways to survive? Why are they all rebelling? Did you use diplomacy and trade yet?

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:30 pm

gwgardner wrote:
pavelk wrote:
Perhaps Cablenexus can force all 'at peace' relations to include 'homeland movement?'

On the other hand, perhaps this adds an element of tension to the scenario, wherein if the Romans want to move their ships down that river badly enough they have a choice: amend their treaty, or blow the 'friendly' blocking ship out of the water. How dare such a so-called friendly tribe block Roman transports!
Yes a good point as well. It's nice to have this tension indeed, but it must not be annoying with tribes you have an agreement with.
I can imagine most Germanic tribes let each other pass. I will look into this part again.

pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:31 pm

Cablenexus wrote:I don't want to script the game
If you want, I can prepare the script for you. It is a matter of 15 minutes. You select yourself how much Rome will get each turn.

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:31 pm

Can you say something about performance compared to the Ancient Rome map Garry?

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:34 pm

pavelk wrote:
Cablenexus wrote:I don't want to script the game
If you want, I can prepare the script for you. It is a matter of 15 minutes. You select yourself how much Rome will get each turn.
You understand me wrong.

I want to experiment with scripts, I ment I don't want the scenario feels scripted. I like random elements in games and I don't want it's the same tribes over and over again that are getting big.

You mean a simple script that Roman Empire get's a specific amount of resources (and probably minus gold) per turn as long they keep good relations with (invisible, island, England) trade partner?
I like aboslutely if you want to help me, I first want to make a design decision for this in general how I want it to be setup.

pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:41 pm

Cablenexus wrote:You mean a simple script that Roman Empire get's a specific amount of resources (and probably minus gold) per turn as long they keep good relations with (invisible, island, England) trade partner?
I like aboslutely if you want to help me, I first want to make a design decision for this in general how I want it to be setup.
I meant a script where you specify how much Roman Empires gets for free every turn since they are alive. It can be extended later per specific conditions (per any kind of condition like number of cities, etc).

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:43 pm

pavelk wrote:
Cablenexus wrote:You mean a simple script that Roman Empire get's a specific amount of resources (and probably minus gold) per turn as long they keep good relations with (invisible, island, England) trade partner?
I meant a script where you specify how much Roman Empires gets for free every turn since they are alive. It can be extended later per specific conditions (per any kind of condition like number of cities, etc).
Well I have to think about it. Why they should? As said I think they had to struggle as well in the first moments of occupation?

harry_vdk
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by harry_vdk » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi,

I dont have time for testing this mod but if you like i can take a look and make a installer for this mod.

Harry

pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:55 pm

Cablenexus wrote:Well I have to think about it. Why they should? As said I think they had to struggle as well in the first moments of occupation?
Well they have a strong empire behind them.

pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:56 pm

harry_vdk wrote:if you like i can take a look and make a installer for this mod.
I just want to say that with V5 whole process of mod preparation gets obsolete. But if you are willing to (and Cablenexus wants to provide this mod ASAP), feel free to do so.

gwgardner

Post by gwgardner » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:58 pm

I seeno difference in performance between this mod and the standard game.

Return to “Aggressors Modding”