UPDATE: 1.0.7 - Larger Customized Worlds

eddieballgame
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

UPDATE: 1.0.7 - Larger Customized Worlds

Post by eddieballgame » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:01 pm

Compatible with prototype mod 'ancient_rome'

I noticed in the Scenario Creator the largest world perimeters can only be 80x80; unless I am missing something.
In any event, here is a simple little mod to allow for larger worlds, if that is a desire.

To install, place unzipped folder in the Main Dir/Bin/Mods folder.

README:
Main Dir/Bin/Mods

<CustomizedGameDataTypeOptionMemento id="1" name="Texts.MapGeneratorMapSizeTinyMapSize" description="Texts.MapGeneratorMapSizeTinyMapSizeDescription" shortDescription="Texts.MapGeneratorMapSizeTinyMapSizeShortDescription">
<customizedGameDataMapSize width="20" height="14" playerPerMapSizeCoefficient="0.8" />

NOW: width="20" height="20"

<CustomizedGameDataTypeOptionMemento id="2" name="Texts.MapGeneratorMapSizeSmallMapSize" description="Texts.MapGeneratorMapSizeSmallMapSizeDescription" shortDescription="Texts.MapGeneratorMapSizeSmallMapSizeShortDescription">
<customizedGameDataMapSize width="31" height="22" playerPerMapSizeCoefficient="0.6" />

NOW: width="40" height="40" --- playerPerMapSizeCoefficient="0.7"

<CustomizedGameDataTypeOptionMemento id="3" name="Texts.MapGeneratorMapSizeStandardMapSize" description="Texts.MapGeneratorMapSizeStandardMapSizeDescription" shortDescription="Texts.MapGeneratorMapSizeStandardMapSizeShortDescription">
<customizedGameDataMapSize width="45" height="32" playerPerMapSizeCoefficient="0.55" />

NOW: width="60" height="60" --- playerPerMapSizeCoefficient="0.6"

<CustomizedGameDataTypeOptionMemento id="4" name="Texts.MapGeneratorMapSizeLargeMapSize" description="Texts.MapGeneratorMapSizeLargeMapSizeDescription" shortDescription="Texts.MapGeneratorMapSizeLargeMapSizeShortDescription">
<customizedGameDataMapSize width="63" height="45" playerPerMapSizeCoefficient="0.45" />

NOW: width="80" height="80" --- playerPerMapSizeCoefficient="0.5"

<CustomizedGameDataTypeOptionMemento id="5" name="Texts.MapGeneratorMapSizeHugeMapSize" description="Texts.MapGeneratorMapSizeHugeMapSizeDescription" shortDescription="Texts.MapGeneratorMapSizeHugeMapSizeShortDescription">
<customizedGameDataMapSize width="89" height="63" playerPerMapSizeCoefficient="0.40" />

NOW: width="100" height="100" --- playerPerMapSizeCoefficient="0.4"
Attachments
ancient_rome-LCWs.zip
(494.72 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Last edited by eddieballgame on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:59 am, edited 12 times in total.

n0kn0k
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Larger Customized Worlds

Post by n0kn0k » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:52 pm

Not sure if that will work. Pavel said there is an artificial limit of 6400 tiles in place because of performance guarantees.

eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:41 pm

I have played quite a few turns using 100x100 world size & so far no crashes. I was not aware of the 6400 tile limit.
Something one could do to ensure a safer larger map would be to modify the following line per Huge:

<customizedGameDataMapSize width="89" height="63" to 80 x 80

Just a thought.

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:56 pm

The limit is set for performance reasons indeed and to let everybody have a smooth experience.

I was tempted enough to try it at least and came up with a 120 x 120 map in my Holland map now :lol:
Sorry Pavel, just to tempting
I think I have to make some John Tiller 500 x 500 map simulation now.

120x120.jpg
120x120.jpg (666.88 KiB) Viewed 1561 times

eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:14 pm

Now that is...cool. :)

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:52 pm

I had to setup a few things to make the custom map generator compatible with my Holland mod, but the test seems to work fine. Even scripts and resources are used from the mod and scenario file now.
All very cool indeed.

eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:03 am

So, were you able to incorporate the Custom Worlds functions with a 'scenario.ag' file?

pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:35 am

n0kn0k wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:52 pm
Not sure if that will work. Pavel said there is an artificial limit of 6400 tiles in place because of performance guarantees.
I said that this limit is artificial. There is no actual limit of map size that the game core or AI cannot handle, neither is there any limit of tiles the engine cannot handle.

The problem is that bigger the world is the more PC demanding (GPU and memory) the game will be. We want all shared maps to work for everyone and therefore this limit was set.

I totally understand that you guys try to tweak the game and see what happens. It is absolutely fine and I would do the same:)
Just please keep in mind that
  • if you change something you dont know what it is for, the game might crash and we cannot really provide support for such crashes (so please dont even send report via the report tool:))
  • If you start creating big maps. there might be people who will not only be able to play the map but might also start complaining about the game (which would be a bit unfortunate).
Otherwise have fun with digging:)
Btw. there will be (soon or later) a PDF guide for modding but there is now no time to write it.

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:23 am

eddieballgame wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:03 am
So, were you able to incorporate the Custom Worlds functions with a 'scenario.ag' file?
First of all I heared rumours that will be a normal feature in the future.

For now I've got it working in the Aggressors config file:

<add key="PlayersBoundToCustomizedGameScenario" value="Battle_over_Rhenus" />

And the scenario itself put in the dir where is also the ancient med scenario (there is the campaign scenario located instead of your user dir)

C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aggressors Ancient Rome\Bin\Scenarios

But really just to experiment and test, it's not supported by Pavel/Kubat officially, same like the bigger map sizes ;-)

eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:24 pm

I am in full agreement with Pavelk's concern on tweaking things per CPU demands, was one of the reasons for not over doing it per the settings.
Nice to know the game can handle even more tweaking if one should so desire. Now that is programing...thank you Pavelk
Thank you, Cablenexus, for your response.
It is looking more & more like the developers of this gem knew exactly what they were doing & then some.

Quick note to Cablenexus, I was playing around with this but could only get it to load by removing the space after "Battle_over_Rhenus"
<add key="PlayersBoundToCustomizedGameScenario" value="Battle_over_Rhenus" />
<add key="PlayersBoundToCustomizedGameScenario" value="Battle_over_Rhenus"/>
Again, thank you for your help.

Tanaka
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: UPDATE: 1.0.7 - Larger Customized Worlds

Post by Tanaka » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:53 pm

Going to try this thanks. Do these mods need to be updated when each new patch comes out? Also how do you use a mod with a mod? For example how would I use the slowTECHnsFOOD mod with this LCW mod?

Return to “Aggressors Modding”