A Brief Alternative History of the Roman Republic

n0kn0k
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: A Brief Alternative History of the Roman Republic

Post by n0kn0k »

Wouldn't you wanna continue and finish the job? From the screenshots it seems you only have half the map controlled.
That's one of the reasons I don't like artificial victory conditions. :)
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Hi gwgardner,
thank you for this excellent AAR! We really enjoyed it and honestly we would also like to see how it continues. On the other hand playing as barbarian can be also very interesting!
Please keep up this excellent series:)
Hir0
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Hir0 »

Thank you for great AAR. I enjoyed it a lot.
I want to see the German Tribes AAR in the next, which I guess quite challenging.
gwgardner
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by gwgardner »

Haha, yeah, I may continue it to the crushing of the Ptolemys. I just wanted to glory in the victory for a while.

What I'd really like to see is whether it would indeed require me to crush the Ptolemys. This game has the capability for a more historical outcome, ie Rome forcing Egypt into it's fold through threat. It's great that in this game, we can recreate the kind of event that happened so often historically, where a nation invited Rome in, or a nation actually ceded itself to Rome for protection, or Rome is forced to intervene, because some other interest it has is threatened. In short, this game has a geo-political component that some other 4x games don't.

I absolutely love all the CIV iterations (with the exception of the AI sometimes and the fixed leader), but I never had that geo-political feel with CIV.

Return to “Aggressors AARs”