Field of Glory: Empires Unveiled!

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.

Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.
Lysimaque
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Field of Glory: Empires Unveiled!

Post by Lysimaque » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:10 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:41 am
canuckgamer wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:24 am
Since I have FOG2 I am wondering if you can play the battles initiated in FOG Empires in a PBEM game. I only play solo games to learn the mechanics of a game and then move to PBEM. It indicates that up to 6 players can play so if player A initiates a battle with player B and they decided to resolve their battle using FOG2 that would mean that the other four players would have to wait until A & B completed their battle. I know it takes a few weeks for me to finish a battle PBEM so I can't see this being a viable option. Maybe the option of resolving battles using FOG2 is for solo play only?
Currently it is designed for solo play, but who knows what the future may bring. As you say, it might be somewhat impracticable to run a campaign with more than 2 players if the battles were to be played out in FOG2.
But the original game (without use FOG2 , mixt tactical and strategy are never a good thing for me) it is playable in multi right? I mean it is a kind of game that you want play in multi, many factions, many possibilities of diplomacy.

Froz
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Froz » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:11 pm

Tamas wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:34 pm
So a bit of a good news on the FOG2 DLC requirement topic: there isn't any. :)

There will be the possibility for some of the Legions Triumphant units to show up in your converted battles (maybe), but that doesn't matter: to convert battles from (and to) Empires, you will only need the base version of FOG2.
Thank you, that's appreciated :).

Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Tamas » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:44 pm

Lysimaque wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:10 pm

But the original game (without use FOG2 , mixt tactical and strategy are never a good thing for me) it is playable in multi right? I mean it is a kind of game that you want play in multi, many factions, many possibilities of diplomacy.
Yes of course! As mentioned during the stream, thanks to the WEGO turn resolution it is rather flexible as you don't have to have all players playing the game at the same time. They give their orders, submit it to our server, and when all players have submitted their orders, the turn gets resolved and sent out to all players to watch it and issue orders for the next turn etc.

Lysimaque

Post by Lysimaque » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:20 am

Ok that great, cannot wait to launch a a game with 10 players . My only concern it is about graphism. I find the map ugly, like paradox games. I very loved the artistic style of Ageod Games, i play WoN in pebm, and i cannot stop admire the details of the map, the pictures of general, everything in this game is so beautiful. It was not possible to keep a painting style instead of full 3d?

Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Tamas » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:31 am

Maybe the political overlay in the stream didn't help, but I think our map is quite pretty. :) But yes of course it is different in style from the 2D maps of old AGEOD games, but this solution is more flexible for us.

vaalen
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by vaalen » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:52 am

This game is one of the best ideas I have sseen in a long time. I saw the livestream and was very impressed. This is a day one purchase for me, as well.

alrope
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by alrope » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:36 pm

Well, it can look strange, but I was about to start a campaign on a Ancients Mod to EU IV, but I was intending to use FOG2 for the battles. Then I would edit the file to insert manually the results... Now I won´t need anymore.

I also had thought to use Mare Nostrum for the same thing on naval battles... How the game intend to manage those?

76mm
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by 76mm » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:56 am

This looks quite interesting, but I have a couple of questions:

1) Any chance that this will ship with a map editor, or even better, a random world generator ala Agressors?

2) What can you say, if anything, about "modability", ie, tweaking game parameters via xml settings or scripts (again, ala Agressors)?

3) I have always wanted to like AGEOD games but just could never get into them for some reason...will this one have a different feel, or be pretty similar to previous AGEOD games?

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”