Under what conditions do you remove buildings?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

MarkShot
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Under what conditions do you remove buildings?

Post by MarkShot » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:30 pm

I have never done so, but the function is there.

Tips, please. Thanks.

Surt
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Under what conditions do you remove buildings?

Post by Surt » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:42 pm

When I inherit provinces with 6 level I food building or a amphora fabrica.

MarkShot

Post by MarkShot » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:47 pm

Surt wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:42 pm
When I inherit provinces with 6 level I food building or a amphora fabrica.
So, you basically prune the more basic buildings as time goes by to make room for the better performers?

Surt
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Surt » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:11 pm

The amphora I destroy always as they hinder the growth, the food only if I need some other building right now.

Gray Fox
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Gray Fox » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:34 pm

I always purge structures that produce decadence from newly conquered regions. Whatever these structures do, if it can be done by other structures without decadence, then they are gone. As I believe you are, I have toyed with the idea of continual development, by recycling basic structures into higher ones in maxed out regions.

P.S. Deconstructing T1 buildings and adding T2 or T3 works as expected. The region just needs to maintain the basic three T1 and two T2 to get T3s and some reshuffling is required.
For new players: Grand Strategy AAR and Steam Guide: Tips for new players

swang30
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by swang30 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:38 pm

There are some commonly deconstructed buildings I typically do not.
1) Monuments - +0.25 decadence means a +2.5 to the decadence equilibrium, adding 10 means that if my current ratio is < 4, a monument is worth it. (and really, when is my current ratio ever that high?)
2) Delicacy makers - while I typically don't build them, I don't deconstruct them either. The money is pretty darn good.
3) Slave markets - they're useful for moving slaves around, which is always useful.

There are some common buildings I typically DO deconstruct
1) Mercenary recruitment centers - I never recruit mercenaries, too expensive, I much rather upkeep with metal or manpower.
2) duplicate military buildings in a province - from what I understand, they provide less benefit, and it's really not worth the building slot.
3) most military buildings in a none-military province - Of course, walls can't be deconstructed, but many others can be I typically keep things like training camps and watchtowers that are free-slot
4) pleasure house chain - I don't find the decadence worth the benefits

Gray Fox
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Gray Fox » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:47 pm

In reply to #2:
Military structures in the province capital give full xp value and up to three region structures in the same province give half value. However, it's not just xp value, but also the bonus to manpower and equipment costs that stack. With 10 xps for Empire and another 10 xps for Golden Age, I was producing level 3 units with 60 xps at a discount before turn 100.
For new players: Grand Strategy AAR and Steam Guide: Tips for new players

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”