Is it really that hard to have actual Egyptian and Babylonian names for the generals?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Is it really that hard to have actual Egyptian and Babylonian names for the generals?

Post by antiochosvii »

Hey all -- love this game to death, but my incredibly immersive and entertaining run as Egypt is spoiled somewhat by all my generals having Persian names. It's just really lame and feels like something that would be very easy to fix. Ditto for Babylon.

I would easily do it myself if I knew how -- is it a text document somewhere? And if not, do you think you guys could patch it? It's bothersome.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: Is it really that hard to have actual Egyptian and Babylonian names for the generals?

Post by Pocus »

Actually - checking the data, there is a leader group for Egypt only, and it was not used! So I can certainly add that to the patch.
Babylon uses the Semitic leader group.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Is it really that hard to have actual Egyptian and Babylonian names for the generals?

Post by antiochosvii »

Great! I figured as much because the pharaoh names are pitch perfect. Looking forward to it and thanks for replying!

Keep it up. I am stoked for the next dlc -- this one was fantastic!
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Indeed. Did you encounter pharaoh Usermaatre? A strange name when read with our modern mind! Hope he had administrator privileges...
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”