Heavy Cavalry?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

surusI
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Heavy Cavalry?

Post by surusI »

Quick question: I am playing the GC (v1.3.3) as the Antigonids and I just became a young empire but I am not able to build heavy cavalry even though I have numerous stables. Previously, when playing Macedonia in the GC (v1.3.0) I was able to build heavy cavalry when I reached civilization level 3. Is this as designed? If it is why would Macedonia be able to build heavy cavalry but not the Antigonids?
Gray Fox
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Heavy Cavalry?

Post by Gray Fox »

Go to a region with Stables and click on the unit queue icon. Cursor over the Heavy Cavalry icon. You should get a pop-up message stating what you lack to build that unit.
For new players: Grand Strategy AAR and Steam Guide: Tips for new players
Samstra's Trade guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1805684085
surusI
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by surusI »

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, there is no icon for heavy cavalry for the Antigonids. I have icons for light javelin cavalry, cavalry, mercenary cavalry, companions (sometimes available if in the right province), sometimes provincial cavalry and also cataphracts (although shaded out as they can not yet be built as a I do not have the required building).
Gray Fox

Post by Gray Fox »

I loaded a game against the Antigonids where they were Tier three and had stables. However, the stables only allowed the training of Cavalry, i.e., Medium. I did not see any Heavy Cav. in any of their large stacks. The Dbase shows them for Hellenic factions, so it must be something specific to Antigonos.
For new players: Grand Strategy AAR and Steam Guide: Tips for new players
Samstra's Trade guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1805684085
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Antigonids don't have access to HC, they have cataphracts and companion cavalry (with increased cost)
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
surusI
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by surusI »

Thank you Pocus.

FoG Empires is a terrific game!!

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”