Any way to report cheaters in MP?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

vonSchlausewitz
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Any way to report cheaters in MP?

Post by vonSchlausewitz »

I just did a turn in one of my MP games and discovered that one player seems to have modded the game:

While owning 27 regions he gains 30 legacy points from goals. Every single region he owns is a goal and even some neighouring regions.

Pocus: Is there any way to report this or is the only way to cope with this to leave the game and avoid that guy?

What are your experiences with cheaters in FoG: Empires?
Swuul
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Any way to report cheaters in MP?

Post by Swuul »

The Slitherine MP system sadly is cheater friendly, and there seems to be little interest to improve the situation.

My advice would be to play Slitherine MP games (including FOGE) only with people who you know you can trust. Official MP tournaments seems to be slightly better moderated, but there are no such tournaments for FOGE.
There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.
primevalangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by primevalangel »

What is the name of the cheater (so I can check him also in my MP games) ? There is no sense in playing a match if not everyone plays fair (especially if the cheat changes the outcome considerably).
Maker of "Realistic Stone Age" DoM mod and "History of Empires" YouTube channel
Swuul

Post by Swuul »

primevalangel wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:18 pm What is the name of the cheater (so I can check him also in my MP games) ?
Naming and shaming can get one banned from the forums, so might not be a good idea to post any names in here.
There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.
IrishGuards
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by IrishGuards »

well its me hes talking about Irish Guards so I have no problem with speaking up cause I have no idea how to cheat, let alone ever would, with that said he may have a point about the regions all being objectives. any1 ever come across this issue before ?? I have 15 games ongoing at least right now and just commented inside this game for all to look at the issue and then refer it to the moderators or admins .. with that being said any consensus the game group comes up with I will abide by immediately, yet that wont solve the actual problem as to why the goals he talks about .. I assume he means objectives here .. so lets find out how and why this happened and if its consistent eh ..

with that being said I DO mind greatly being labeled a cheater in any way shape or form !! under the circumstances though I can and do see his point, yet have no clue as to how or why this happened, and also if its happening in other games as well.
the game is no major players or greeks and I am Iberii ..

I will be posting this to the mods admins cause its an issue ..
any1 who would like to email me as to what the hell is going on here pls feel free to do so ..
gtowebmod@gmail.com

IG
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

We take cheating very seriously. Any redownloads are logged and action taken. There are checks in place which would warn other players if someone were modding the game in any way. So the idea that the system is cheater friendly doesn't really stand up to any argument.

In this instance if you post the game which is being played where you are seeing aberrant behavior then the team can take a look.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
IrishGuards

Post by IrishGuards »

Ok then Im am Irish Guards can you please take a look at the game in ? and also I have about 16 other games going right now. what the guy says could be valid and I for one would like to know how and why ..
any insight you could also give as to if this is consistent and effects my other games I would appreciate you telling me and the other gamers how to look at the objectives especially as they are the issue in ?? in this game

appreciate any feedback especially if my game is not functioning properly or its something that I have done to make this happen, which I highly doubt ..
email is gtowebmod@gmail.com

the game in ? is .. no major players or greeks .. 16 players turn 44 .. I am Iberii and what the guy vonSlaswitz said in the game is correct .. It lists all my areas as objectives .. ?? in the game there are 2 very experienced players who may have thoughts on this game in ?

primevilangel and tigris argento .. and Im in at least 5 or 6 other games with them .. !!

appreciate
looking to hear from you in the near future and if this is the case what everyone wants me to do about this game in particular .. I will abide by what the gamers say
cheers and faugh a ballagh !!
IG
IrishGuards

no major players or greeks game turn 44 .. objectives in Iberii all areas listed

Post by IrishGuards »

thx
IG
vonSchlausewitz

Yes, I mean objectives (I am not using the english client, so I did not know the exact term).

I did not post any name, but if IrishGuards insists this issue to be investigated, this would be welcome.

Allthough I frankly do not believe in a random bug (I have spent over 1600 hours in the game, mostly mp, and never experienced anything comparable) I had no choice to assume cheating behaviour.

If I am proven wrong, I will of course apologize.

IrishGuards: I am wondering why you did not address that issue ingame as you must have had knowledge of it happening.
primevalangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by primevalangel »

IrishGuards wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:16 pm [..] can you please take a look at the game in ? [..] in the game there are 2 very experienced players who may have thoughts on this game in ?

primevilangel and tigris argento .. and Im in at least 5 or 6 other games with them .. !!

appreciate
looking to hear from you in the near future [..]
Hi IrishGuards, I'm glad to see you on this forum and I'm even more glad you (who I consider the best FOGE gamer) named me "very experienced player". This recognition is the main motivation for me playing the game (more than playing or winning matches). So big thanks.

Regarding the issue at hand, I just took a quick look, so in the MP game "no major players or greeks" (Grand Campaign 310 BCE) where IrishGuards plays as Iberii, I can see:
-from Ledger>Factions: Iberii has 26 regions
-from Ledger>Legacy: 30 points from objective regions (includes 35% factional bonus because it is Glorious Nation) => has 22 regions marked as objectives for Iberii (22*135%=29.7; 22+4=26)
-from new SP "Grand Campaign 310 BCE" match: Iberii starts with 4 regions of which only 1 (the capital) is objective (1+3=4).

Therefore it is possible (without cheating with mods) that IrishGuards started with 3 non-objective regions and only conquered 1 non-objective and 21 objective regions (which usually appear at the border), or he used Liberate Region regional decision to get rid of any non-objective region he might have conquered during wars. He could also request to Relinquish Objectives (that are farther away) to nations, in Transaction which has always 100% acceptance chance if nothing else is requested (I know because I started playing with this myself lately). But this is definitely intentional and basically impossible to be pure chance. IrishGuards could confirm if he pursued this strategy. Pretty clever strategy by the way ;)
Last edited by primevalangel on Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IrishGuards

Post by IrishGuards »

OK well I just found the same thing and posted it in the game to the guys .. Its succession wars and Im Iberii in this game also ...
so I see PrimevilAngel commented .. great I dont know if your in this game to but even if your not can the other guys take a look pls ..
thx
posting this to tech support also
IG
IrishGuards

Post by IrishGuards »

vonSchlausewitz wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:27 pm Yes, I mean objectives (I am not using the english client, so I did not know the exact term).

I did not post any name, but if IrishGuards insists this issue to be investigated, this would be welcome.

Allthough I frankly do not believe in a random bug (I have spent over 1600 hours in the game, mostly mp, and never experienced anything comparable) I had no choice to assume cheating behaviour.

If I am proven wrong, I will of course apologize.

IrishGuards: I am wondering why you did not address that issue ingame as you must have had knowledge of it happening.
well all I really do is build armies and move them to attack the swines who are agin me eh .. !! .. I do limited diplomatic and have very little clue as to what all the other stuff actually means and many gamers can attest to this eh.
the 1st thing I did was reach out to the other gamers .. you posted cheater .. :twisted: .. that was ur choice yet I would have sent a pm to the admins .. whatever
as to the validity of the comment how the hell should I know yet I even said you may have a point and it should be looked into .. if you would care to read the posts I just posted another game which you are also in yet your idle
Succession wars and once again Im Iberii .. take a look this is getting posted to tech support and Pocus ..

Faugh a Ballagh !!
IG
primevalangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by primevalangel »

IrishGuards wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:36 pm OK well I just found the same thing [..] Its succession wars and Im Iberii in this game also ...
so I see PrimevilAngel commented .. great I dont know if your in this game to but even if your not can the other guys take a look pls ..
I am also in the "succession wars" match, but cannot access it because I already played my turn (maybe later/tomorrow after everybody finish their turn).
IrishGuards

Post by IrishGuards »

ok np .. I for one want to know whats actually going on as I have said before and will abide by whatever the gamers decide
just waiting to hear from Pocus
we are in like 6 or more games together and this is the 1st time an issue like this has come up as far as Im concerned yet I will look at each and every game im in
Im in 3 games as Iberii ...
to any1 who has thoughts or wants to discuss this I am on discord and Im EST zone ..
you can fine me as IrishGuards #5187 I actually use it as a WiF site but its easy to chat there ... especially for gamers and groups who are allies who want to coordinate their turns
which I must say are becoming alot more frequent eh .. what a riot eh :mrgreen:
thx
IG
primevalangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by primevalangel »

pipfromslitherine wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:40 pm There are checks in place which would warn other players if someone were modding the game in any way.
Hi Pip, that warning is basically appearing in every single MP turn I play, to all the players. Since it seems it is always a "false-positive" (as no cheater has been identified), all players now just ignore this annoying message (if you miss-click the 2 buttons it closes your turn).

Unless the devs add the name of the player (so the issue causing the warning can be further debugged and found), this message should just be removed from the game, as many new players complain about it (in in-game chat).
IrishGuards

Post by IrishGuards »

primevalangel wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:16 pm
IrishGuards wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:16 pm [..] can you please take a look at the game in ? [..] in the game there are 2 very experienced players who may have thoughts on this game in ?

appreciate
looking to hear from you in the near future [..]
Hi IrishGuards, I'm glad to see you on this forum and I'm even more glad you (who I consider the best FOGE gamer) named me "very experienced player". This recognition is the main motivation for me playing the game (more than playing or winning matches). So big thanks.

Regarding the issue at hand, I just took a quick look, so in the MP game "no major players or greeks" (Grand Campaign 310 BCE) where IrishGuards plays as Iberii, I can see:
-from Ledger>Factions: Iberii has 26 regions
-from Ledger>Legacy: 30 points from objective regions (includes 35% factional bonus because it is Glorious Nation) => has 22 regions marked as objectives for Iberii (22*135%=29.7; 22+4=26)
-from new SP "Grand Campaign 310 BCE" match: Iberii starts with 4 regions of which only 1 (the capital) is objective (1+3=4).

Therefore it is possible (without cheating with mods) that IrishGuards started with 3 non-objective regions and only conquered 1 non-objective and 21 objective regions (which usually appear at the border), or he used Liberate Region regional decision to get rid of any non-objective region he might have conquered during wars. He could also request to Relinquish Objectives (that are farther away) to nations, in Transaction which has always 100% acceptance chance if nothing else is requested (I know because I started playing with this myself lately). But this is definitely intentional and basically impossible to be pure chance. IrishGuards could confirm if he pursued this strategy. Pretty clever strategy by the way ;)

seriously eh guy .. you see the games Im playing and getting my wee arse handed to me in so many its unreal .. what a riot :mrgreen:
there's a ton a kiltin going on an Im getting kilt eh !!
vonSchlausewitz

Therefore it is possible (without cheating with mods) that IrishGuards started with 3 non-objective regions and only conquered 1 non-objective and 21 objective regions (which usually appear at the border), or he used Liberate Region regional decision to get rid of any non-objective region he might have conquered during wars. He could also request to Relinquish Objectives (that are farther away) to nations, in Transaction which has always 100% acceptance chance if nothing else is requested (I know because I started playing with this myself lately). But this is definitely intentional and basically impossible to be pure chance.
Theoretically the strategy you described is possible but highly improbable by my experience.
I relenquish unwanted objectives consequently all the time and have never achieved an objective ratio of more than 20% of my regions.

What however is impossible is that the 3 iberian non-objective starting regions have also been converted to objectives.
if you would care to read the posts I just posted another game which you are also in yet your idle
Succession wars and once again Im Iberii ..
Think again. If I am idle in that game it means that I have no more access to that game as I have left it, so how could I possibly have read your posts?
IrishGuards

Post by IrishGuards »

ok 1st of all comments are in the game and all the players see them each turn
posts are what we are doing here on the forum

As i have said before I do think there is a problem here, its very easy to see why no1 would ever do this to themselves in any way shape or form .. and as I said its also happening in the other game you are idle in ..
which you can change anytime by just playing the game again, click on your idle guy and your back in the game no ??

now why would any1 spend all the turns playing the game to have most of their areas as objectives .. as you can see now Tigris has taken out 5 objectives and im regressing to lower empire
doesnt sound very smart to me eh .. as well as I let him go unmolested to go give him a hard time in western europe ..
does it make any sense to you whatsoever that I would let him just go traipse about so this happens ??? after all the work and time I spent making Iberii what it was ..

Oh and if I have the hacks/scripts godlike abilities and the knowledge to be able to do this why the hell wouldnt I undo it so that it wouldnt effect my empire eh ???

If you think its you who have been effected I beg to differ eh ..!! I am the empire effected by this, and its in another game to so I for 1 would like to see what the admins have to say
because this seems consistent at least in 2 cases and I will look at my 15 other games to see whats up there to eh

make sense to you ??
IG
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

primevalangel wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:04 pm
pipfromslitherine wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:40 pm There are checks in place which would warn other players if someone were modding the game in any way.
Hi Pip, that warning is basically appearing in every single MP turn I play, to all the players. Since it seems it is always a "false-positive" (as no cheater has been identified), all players now just ignore this annoying message (if you miss-click the 2 buttons it closes your turn).

Unless the devs add the name of the player (so the issue causing the warning can be further debugged and found), this message should just be removed from the game, as many new players complain about it (in in-game chat).
It's certainly not an issue we are aware of until now. There isn't any real way to know which player has the 'wrong' version of the scripts. I will raise it with the team so they can gather more information. I know that I have an item on my task list to provide more detailed information on which file(s) are causing any sync issues, but if you are seeing them in every game, then either someone in every game is running with altered scripts, or perhaps you have tinkered in some way and have forgotten?

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
primevalangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by primevalangel »

IrishGuards wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:36 pm OK well I just found the same thing [..] Its succession wars and Im Iberii in this game also ...
So in the MP game "Succession wars" (Grand Campaign 310 BCE) where IrishGuards plays also as Iberii, I can see:
-from Ledger>Factions: Iberii has 30 regions
-from Ledger>Legacy: 32 points from objective regions (includes 35% factional bonus because it is Glorious Nation) => has 24 regions marked as objectives for Iberii (24*135%=32.4; 24+6=30)
-from bottom country diplomacy panel: Iberii has 3 non-owned objectives, all at its current borders (see print-screens of Objectives view with Iberii selected).

Therefore it is possible (without cheating with mods) that IrishGuards started with 3 non-objective regions and:
- only conquered 3 non-objective and 23 objective regions (which usually appear at the border);
- he could have also requested to Relinquish Objectives (that are farther away) to nations, in Transaction which has always 100% acceptance chance if nothing else is requested (I know because I started playing with this myself lately);
- he could have used Liberate Region regional decision to get rid of any non-objective region he might have conquered during wars.

But this is definitely intentional and basically impossible to be pure chance. IrishGuards did not confirmed if he pursued this strategy, so I think eighter Iberii gets objectives only near border and Irish only conquered them, or there is an issue with Iberii not present in other factions (I do get the Mismatch warning message in this match, but I do not get it in other MP games where IrishGuards also plays, so the warning is not caused by him).

Screen_00000000_small.jpg
Screen_00000000_small.jpg (415.92 KiB) Viewed 1520 times
Screen_00000001_small.jpg
Screen_00000001_small.jpg (414.51 KiB) Viewed 1518 times

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”