Attrition ?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Attrition ?

Post by devoncop »

Hi

After watching Das Tactic and his attempt to win the Rome challenge on the live stream I noticed he assembled a pretty large army as he headed South and moved it into occasionally tough terrain with no apparent issues with attrition.

Is this modelled ?

I did see on a pop up an estimate of the food used by the army but nothing to indicate any attrition losses ....

Many thanks in advance

Ian
loki100
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Attrition ?

Post by loki100 »

its there, but you need to get cut off or be in very poor (or looted) terrain. The early game armies are pretty safe pretty much anywhere in Central and Southern Italy as long as they have a direct land connection to one of your owned regions. So, for example, a naval invasion of Sicily can be risky, you need to take the target quickly and even then it might get messy as food production will collapse due to the fighting.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Attrition ?

Post by devoncop »

loki100 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:57 am its there, but you need to get cut off or be in very poor (or looted) terrain. The early game armies are pretty safe pretty much anywhere in Central and Southern Italy as long as they have a direct land connection to one of your owned regions. So, for example, a naval invasion of Sicily can be risky, you need to take the target quickly and even then it might get messy as food production will collapse due to the fighting.
Many thanks...I thought it seemed quite forgiving.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”