The units in game are too few

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Dux Limitis
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

The units in game are too few

Post by Dux Limitis » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:37 am

When I see the challenge videos these days,I found the game is very different from what I expected(for now,only in the unit's aspect).I hope you can change the default army list of all countries like the fog:2 or total war:rome2,it will gives player more choices to make their army,and then,when we export battle to fog:2,we will not have to use the simplified units(for what we know now,the republican legion units are seriously simplified in game,no hastati and principes,no triarii,only have two units called "legion" and "alae legion") to fight,that's really make the tactical fight boring and lack of substitution( when export ).Don't forget this game's tactical battle(export)link is as important as the main game's build.I believe more people are coming just for this.

loki100
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Re: The units in game are too few

Post by loki100 » Wed May 01, 2019 11:20 am

I don't know what you are seeing that makes you so sure about this - but I think you are misinterpreting something.

I've a battle open between my Sarmatians and a Roman-Antiochid alliance. On my side I have 3 different types of heavily armoured cavalry, 2 types of horse archers, my skirmish line is archers+javelins my infantry line consists of 3 different types of warbands and imitation legionaries. On the other side are multiple types of heavy/medium/light cavalry, a mix of skirmishers, their main line is pikes/imitation legions/real legions/Roman auxilia/archer blocks/thracians/local militia (fielded as hoplites).

If I fought in Empires there would be about 15 unit types, in FoG2 this has gone up to around 20.

Dux Limitis

Post by Dux Limitis » Wed May 01, 2019 11:44 am

loki100 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:20 am
I don't know what you are seeing that makes you so sure about this - but I think you are misinterpreting something.

I've a battle open between my Sarmatians and a Roman-Antiochid alliance. On my side I have 3 different types of heavily armoured cavalry, 2 types of horse archers, my skirmish line is archers+javelins my infantry line consists of 3 different types of warbands and imitation legionaries. On the other side are multiple types of heavy/medium/light cavalry, a mix of skirmishers, their main line is pikes/imitation legions/real legions/Roman auxilia/archer blocks/thracians/local militia (fielded as hoplites).

If I fought in Empires there would be about 15 unit types, in FoG2 this has gone up to around 20.
What the...I saw the DasTactic's videos,but he solved the battles in the Empires' main game.You means,when export the battle to the FOG:II,there will have more units?(I think,when export "legion" to fog:II then there will have 2 units(hastati/principes,triarii)?

SirGarnet
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by SirGarnet » Thu May 02, 2019 11:43 am

First, the units in a FOG2 game would be of cohort size rather than legions so a proper legion would comprise presumably 10 or so units but obviously they can be detached as well.

Second, As I suggested in the campaign thread, I hop the player can fight conversion battles in FOG2 against not just the AI but other players - e.g., have a human rather than AI on the other side - though the AI difficulty in FOG2 is quite good. That units accumulate experience in battle and can be assigned names by typing it in during battle set ups is a nice feature.

Someone in a review critiqued the numerous "mana" stockpiles in ImpR that is common in Paradox games, and it is a very fair critique.Hoarding power points has only limited relation to how things actually work in q premodern world. In reality, everything is in short supply and any surplus is ephemeral or illusory and that seems to have its role in Empires.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Thu May 02, 2019 12:42 pm

Rome has admittedly fewer units to play with than others nations, as the Legion, pre-Marian includes all infantry subtypes it was made of. In FOG2 the unit will be split into hastati, principes, triarii though. Also as you gain more provinces, you'll have access to extra special units, the so called 'provincial units', so you'll end up with Sicilian slingers, Cretan Archers, Gallic horsemen and warbands and such.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Dux Limitis

Post by Dux Limitis » Thu May 02, 2019 1:23 pm

Pocus wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:42 pm
Rome has admittedly fewer units to play with than others nations, as the Legion, pre-Marian includes all infantry subtypes it was made of. In FOG2 the unit will be split into hastati, principes, triarii though. Also as you gain more provinces, you'll have access to extra special units, the so called 'provincial units', so you'll end up with Sicilian slingers, Cretan Archers, Gallic horsemen and warbands and such.
I know it now,thank you!

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”