Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by devoncop »

I have already made my turn so there will be no cessation this turn.

Judea publicly renounced our agreement on Jerusalem 2 turns back and seized Samaria, (despite the Seleucids advising them against that course of action I believe) so that ship has sailed I am afraid.

It is likely (though not certain) that there will be no Judean troops left after next turn south of the Seleucid holdings so the suggestion for Egypt is that hostilites with Judea can end there if Judea wishes.

One plus point is that as Client states no longer declare war unless their protector is also involved post patch it guarantees no more issues for Judea from Nabatea if she accepts peace .
Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Yaitz331 »

Geffalrus wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:06 pmSeeing as how things might be slightly confusing and/or disordered after the Triumph Update, I propose that the Lagid-Maccabee War declare a ceasefire. Last I checked, Arabia is no longer in Syria and Judea is out of.......well, Judea. Cease fighting now, and we have a workable border with no border-gore as they say. Then Seleucos and Judea can work out the return of the Syria/Phoenicia regions. While the cease fire lasts, negotiations can proceed to determine the proper price for the return of Jerusalem to the People's Front of Judea.
The King of Judea and his Royal Council accept the Antigonid proposal.
devoncop wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:16 pm I have already made my turn so there will be no cessation this turn.
Then the fighting can cease next turn, with the then-existent borders becoming the cease-fire line. I assume this is what the Antigonids meant, actually.
Judea publicly renounced our agreement on Jerusalem 2 turns back and seized Samaria, (despite the Seleucids advising them against that course of action I believe) so that ship has sailed I am afraid.
That was the previous king of Judea, who was then already in his death throes. The new king has changed the Judean strategy quite heavily, ordering the Judean army to attempt to retreat instead of standing and fighting, and attempting to make peace with Ptolemy.

If Ptolemy agrees to hold to the part of this proposal that states that, after the ceasefire, negotiations will begin for Jerusalem, then Judea will wholeheartedly accept this proposal.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

As explained. After trashing Samaria through conquest and publicly renouncing the peace agreement Judea can have peace based on it's borders being those regions North of Palestine Province.

Jerusalem is no longer an option for Judea thanks to the decisions made by Judea in the last couple of years. Old King/New King is of no relevance to Egypt.
loki100
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by loki100 »

devoncop wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:48 am As explained. After trashing Samaria through conquest and publicly renouncing the peace agreement Judea can have peace based on it's borders being those regions North of Palestine Province.

I'd appreciate it if you could leave them a couple of coastal regions ... cash flow and all that 8)
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Don't worry my kilted friend....they will be retaining all their coastal regions North of Palestine Province .....all ready for your tourist visits :wink:
loki100

Post by loki100 »

och, just getting a bit of practice in ...
2019-09-28_152243.jpg
2019-09-28_152243.jpg (60.53 KiB) Viewed 2461 times
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

loki100 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:31 pm och, just getting a bit of practice in ...

2019-09-28_152243.jpg

It appears the less than courageous Captain Berlix may have been avenged :D
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

Judea offers Ptolemy peace on the following terms:

Judea will pay Ptolemy a sum of 500 gold, and will keep Trachonitis and gain Jerusalem. Judea will not take any regions of Arabia that are outside of Nabatea Province. Judea will not station any troops in Nabatea Province, nor fortify any of them, except for the border with Arabia. Judea will not station more then ten units in Jerusalem, and Ptolemy will keep Samaria and Gaza unfortified and Samaria demilitarized (but he may station troops in Gaza). Judea will build no heavy ships (something which we are now capable of doing). Judea will not station troops in Galilea, but may fortify it. Judea will not raid any Ptolemaic lands, nor those of any Ptolemaic clients or full allies.

This is not intended as a final offer, merely as a starting point for negotiations.
Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Geffalrus »

Yaitz331 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:35 pm Judea offers Ptolemy peace on the following terms:

Judea will pay Ptolemy a sum of 500 gold, and will keep Trachonitis and gain Jerusalem. Judea will not take any regions of Arabia that are outside of Nabatea Province. Judea will not station any troops in Nabatea Province, nor fortify any of them, except for the border with Arabia. Judea will not station more then ten units in Jerusalem, and Ptolemy will keep Samaria and Gaza unfortified and Samaria demilitarized (but he may station troops in Gaza). Judea will build no heavy ships (something which we are now capable of doing). Judea will not station troops in Galilea, but may fortify it. Judea will not raid any Ptolemaic lands, nor those of any Ptolemaic clients or full allies.

This is not intended as a final offer, merely as a starting point for negotiations.
*nods approvingly
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
Jagger2002
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Jagger2002 »

Devoncop, I thought your middle name was U. S. "Unconditional Surrender" Grant?
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Geffalrus wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:49 pm
Yaitz331 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:35 pm Judea offers Ptolemy peace on the following terms:

*nods approvingly

In the least surprising news of the decade the dominant ally of the Judeans supports a "peace proposal" proposed by..........yep......Judea :roll:
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Jagger2002 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:52 pm Devoncop, I thought your middle name was U. S. "Unconditional Surrender" Grant?

On the contrary .... :D

Alternative proposals whereby Judea pays nothing to Egypt have already been put forward.

They can retain all their northern regions without any restrictions of garrisons or deployment.

Since the rejection of the agreement by Judea involving Jerusalem and it's attack and occupation of Egypt administered Samaria however the option for Judea to regain Jerusalem has long gone. Judea now having also seized a region from Egypt's client state Nabatea simply means that will need to be retaken by Egypt and then Judea can have peace.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Sorry to digress, you plan to do that with the abandon region feature?
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Pocus wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:38 pm Sorry to digress, you plan to do that with the abandon region feature?
Given the current demands by Judea Pocus , Ptolemy isn't planning to do it at all ! :D

In all seriousness though if agreed eventually I would rather lose it in an arranged phoney war as I then don't suffer any hit internally ( I appreciate this has reduced post patch but I believe it still exists)
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

So this turn it appears great events are unfolding.

Previously allied with the disruptive Judeans, the Seleucids have apparently lost patience and turned on their former allies and Judea has been reduced to a single besieged city of Tyre.

The Picts, in recognition of their seafaring prowess have Allied with the naval power of Egypt and Rome has also joined with Egypt to attempt to maintain equilibrium in the Mediterranean basin.

An attempt by the Qataban navy to break the Sabaen encirclement of their last region was foiled as it ran into the Egyptian Red Sea Fleet and was destroyed.

The Antigonids have been strangely quiet apart from putting a large naval force to sea off Sicily......
loki100

Post by loki100 »

devoncop wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:21 pm ..
The Antigonids have been strangely quiet apart from putting a large naval force to sea off Sicily......
I suspect he was hunting my pirates .. for no real reason ... I mean, one little raid and all this drama 8)
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Well looking at the position of your ships and his the Antigonid Captain had some dodgy intel as to where your intrepid crew were.... :D
loki100

Post by loki100 »

there is more than one of us ....
SpeedyCM
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by SpeedyCM »

The great thing about being poor is the Pictish revenue cutters don't stop as they go sailing by.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

SpeedyCM wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:00 am The great thing about being poor is the Pictish revenue cutters don't stop as they go sailing by.
Every cloud has a silver lining :D

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”