Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by Yaitz331 »

devoncop wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:21 pmthe disruptive Judeans
I still have no clue what we've done besides defend ourselves against Arabian raids with Ptolemaic approval, get betrayed by Ptolemy, get nearly killed by Ptolemy, have Ptolemy support breaking the peace and then getting angry at us for breaking the peace, and then being denied the right to our holiest city. And then ultimately offering Ptolemy peace despite that.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Yaitz331 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:59 pm
devoncop wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:21 pmthe disruptive Judeans
I still have no clue what we've done besides defend ourselves against Arabian raids with Ptolemaic approval, get betrayed by Ptolemy, get nearly killed by Ptolemy, have Ptolemy support breaking the peace and then getting angry at us for breaking the peace, and then being denied the right to our holiest city. And then ultimately offering Ptolemy peace despite that.
Invaded Samaria ?

Took Petra from the Nabateans ?

............Need I go on ?
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

devoncop wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:02 pmInvaded Samaria ?
After you supported two Nabatean breaches of the treaty AND broke the treaty yourself by taking Samaria a year early.
Um, you declared war on me and expect me not to respond? Once you declare war on me, you've told me I have the right to react. Do you expect attacked nations to just do nothing as the nation who declared war on them invades? What did you expect, once you declared war on me?
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Yaitz331 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:27 pm
devoncop wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:02 pmInvaded Samaria ?
After you supported two Nabatean breaches of the treaty AND broke the treaty yourself by taking Samaria a year early.
Um, you declared war on me and expect me not to respond? Once you declare war on me, you've told me I have the right to react. Do you expect attacked nations to just do nothing as the nation who declared war on them invades? What did you expect, once you declared war on me?

We shall agree to disagree on the sequencing.
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

devoncop wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:35 pmWe shall agree to disagree on the sequencing.
Sequencing of what? Do you think I took Petra before you declared war on me? That's literally impossible. You can't take territory from a nation you're not at war with.
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

Ptolemy? I offered you peace. Why are you refusing it? You have repeatedly told me that, if I just offer peace, you would accept. Why are you now blockading Tyre instead?

Have you, for the umpteenth time, overturned our agreements?
Asty
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Asty »

Greetings wretched Epirus, king of the goat-herders, malodorous lords of the hinterlands

For too long have you defiled the lands of true Greeks. Your presence in these noble territories offends in the extreme.

Please evacuate your forces henceforth from Corcyra, else the might of Syracuse shallsoon befall you.
massina_nz
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by massina_nz »

Asty wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:47 pm Greetings wretched Epirus, king of the goat-herders, malodorous lords of the hinterlands

For too long have you defiled the lands of true Greeks. Your presence in these noble territories offends in the extreme.

Please evacuate your forces henceforth from Corcyra, else the might of Syracuse shallsoon befall you.
As you wish.
loki100
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by loki100 »

can I just ask whether it is still intended to make sections of the eastern med safe for honest pirates who are doing nothing wrong but funding the development of a poor region on the far edge of the map?
SpeedyCM
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by SpeedyCM »

loki100 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:55 am can I just ask whether it is still intended to make sections of the eastern med safe for honest pirates who are doing nothing wrong but funding the development of a poor region on the far edge of the map?
I hear Rome is rich...
loki100

Post by loki100 »

SpeedyCM wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:50 am
loki100 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:55 am can I just ask whether it is still intended to make sections of the eastern med safe for honest pirates who are doing nothing wrong but funding the development of a poor region on the far edge of the map?
I hear Rome is rich...
I'm always open to being bribed ... 8)
loki100

Post by loki100 »

and look who I found floating around near Denmark ...
2019-11-03_183359.jpg
2019-11-03_183359.jpg (159.64 KiB) Viewed 2750 times
was wondering why they'd stopped trying to raid me
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Oh God !!

I feel some PTSD coming on ! :cry:
jimwinsor

Post by jimwinsor »

I am resurrecting this long dead thread to announce that the game of which it is the subject of, is now done!

Since this was one of the first post-release PBEM games of FOG:E (if not the first?), it is possible this might be the first ever officially completed PBEM game? Possibly! Anyways, the game has ended, with a Seleucid win on turn 125, via 3-1 ratio:

v1.JPG
v1.JPG (279.61 KiB) Viewed 2399 times
The Seleucids (me) ended up with 40 provinces and 198 regions. There were but two active players at the end, Epirus and I, although Saba was there until quite near the end as well. The Seleucids benefited from powerful human neighbors dropping out of the game (first Antigonids, the Ptolemaians) and me just occupying the power vacuum that resulted. My nearest competitor at the end for Legacy was Epirus, and when I reached his border in Greece, I halted my war machine, and opted for a peaceful strategy of getting a 3-1 ratio by internal development only. Which took about 20-30 turns, IIRC.

v2.JPG
v2.JPG (359.53 KiB) Viewed 2399 times
I want to thank everyone involved for a great game, especially Devoncop who started it! It was very interesting and enjoyable. Lets see if I can do as well in my Armenia PBEM game ...
Streaming as "Grognerd" on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Congratulations, really! Finishing a PBEM is not that common because of drop outs.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
poesel71

Post by poesel71 »

Would it be possible (=not too much effort) to add the functionality that you can invite players to running games?
That would be quite nice as these games tend to take a long time.
Alcoolamus
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Alcoolamus »

poesel71 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:22 pm Would it be possible (=not too much effort) to add the functionality that you can invite players to running games?
That would be quite nice as these games tend to take a long time.
Agreed
Also unlocking an achievment for winning (and/or finishing) a MP game could be nice, even though it wouldn't be that useful ;)
One useful thing though would be an in-game private message system. Most players don't use the forums or the Discord, at least in the games I played
(And just a side note, the mail notifications for PBEM don't seem to work very well, I only receive a notification from time to time and missed several turns because of it)
laramieela
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by laramieela »

Pocus wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:43 am Congratulations, really! Finishing a PBEM is not that common because of drop outs.
I do agree, though I am in two games which are way past the 125 turn with all but on of the original, 12 and 14 players, still going. Finishing a game though, I have not seen this, so very nice to see.
This is a fun and brutal multiplayer game. I am out of more games than in remaining ones.
But so fun.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”