Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

loki100
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by loki100 »

ah, you may well be right, ok, its the Levant then, we need the income as much as access to good parties
Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Yaitz331 »

loki100 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:09 amah, you may well be right, ok, its the Levant then, we need the income as much as access to good parties
If you raid me even a single time, I will sink your pirates, and then go raid your shores and break up your parties.
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

Ptolemy, Nabatea has just attacked my Jerusalem liberation army for the second time.

Either you restrain them, or Judea will be forced to react.

If Nabatea will not accept our peace deal, then they are not included in the protection of the deal.

Judea will, however, show restraint, and only take Trachonitis, out of respect for Ptolemy.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Yaitz331 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:26 pm Ptolemy, Nabatea has just attacked my Jerusalem liberation army for the second time.

If Nabatea will not accept our peace deal, then they are not included in the protection of the deal.

Judea will, however, show restraint, and only take Trachonitis, out of respect for Ptolemy.

Sigh.......here we go again.

You are perfectly well aware that I have no way of stopping any attacks by Nabatea until you agree a peace with Egypt.

As a client state of Egypt they will cease all attacks on Judean troops as soon as that is signed. Nabatean forces are negligible having been pretty well destroyed by the Seleucids in an impressive operation so I cannot see how any reasonable sized Judean force could have been beaten by them. If the force was as small as is implied then quite how were you intending to retake Jerusalem ?

As for the idea that you will take the non agreed region of Trachonitis as compensation for your own misjudgements against a very weakened AI minor nation........well it is not happening.

Egypt will simply eject Judean troops from any Nabatean regions you take if you insist on this course of action. Can I remind you the agreement was to allow Judea to retake Jerusalem.....or don't you want it back ?

Ptolemy, Pharoah of all Egypt.
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

devoncop wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:38 pm
Yaitz331 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:26 pm Ptolemy, Nabatea has just attacked my Jerusalem liberation army for the second time.

Sigh.......here we go again.

You are perfectly well aware that I have no way of stopping any attacks by Nabatea until you agree a peace with Egypt.

As a client state of Egypt they will cease all attacks on Judean troops as soon as that is signed. Nabatean forces are negligible having been pretty well destroyed by the Seleucids in an impressive operation so I cannot see how any reasonable sized Judean force could have been beaten by them. If the force was as small as is implied then quite how were you intending to retake Jerusalem ?
I was intending that my force would enter, and any garrison Ptolemy had left in the city would be removed, handing the city to Judea. This is what Antigonus did with both Jerusalem and Tyre.
As for the idea that you will take the non agreed region of Trachonitis as compensation for your own misjudgements against a very weakened AI minor nation........well it is not happening.

Egypt will simply eject Judean troops from any Nabatean regions you take if you insist on this course of action. Can I remind you the agreement was to allow Judea to retake Jerusalem.....or don't you want it back ?
Seven units entered Jerusalem to reclaim it, and eight Nabatean units of which Judea was unaware attacked them, in violation of the deal.

If Nabatea does not wish to accept the peace, then why should Judea refrain from attacking her?

This is the second time Nabatea has stoped Judea from liberating Jerusalem. One time could be forgiven, but two make it clear that this is no simple misunderstanding.

As Ptolemy himself has just pointed out, the deal was to let Judea retake Jerusalem. If Nabatea is stopping the deal from proceeding, then tey are in violation of this, and thus are not protected by the peace.

Of course, should Ptolemy apologise on behalf of his client and give something to make up for this, Judea will be satisfied. Otherwise, Nabatea is blocking the treaty's terms from occuring, and must be punished for that.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

You do realise Nabatea is an AI, right? Just asking cuz it doesn't seem so. It's not even controlled by a dog that you can scold, but something that is not living and not able to be influenced in any way apart from changing its inputs, which at the moment are "at war with Judea".
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

13obo wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:00 pm You do realise Nabatea is an AI, right? Just asking cuz it doesn't seem so. It's not even controlled by a dog that you can scold, but something that is not living and not able to be influenced in any way apart from changing its inputs, which at the moment are "at war with Judea".

Welcome to my world :roll:
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

I get his point that he wants you to break off your protection from them so that he can attack them, but then say that directly instead of demanding Nabatea do this and that when in fact you have no control over them.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

A simple explanation as to what happened in Jerusalem that is shown clearly in the playback. Any ally of Judea is encouraged to watch it to verify this is what in fact occurred... :

There was no garrison in Judea region containing Jerusalem, Egyptian troops having been withdrawn as arranged.

Seven Judean units then entered the region from the north presumably intending to siege the city. At the same time 8 weak Nabatean units entered the region (outside of Egyptian control) from the East. These units combined with the province defence of a level three city were sufficient to decimate the Judean force which has scurried back north into Seleucid held land from whence it came.

If anyone can advise Egypt how in the name of all that is holy (excuse the pun!) the "Jerusalem incident" is her fault Ptolemy will have gained much needed enlightenment............ :wink:
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

13obo wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:21 pm I get his point that he wants you to break off your protection from them so that he can attack them, but then say that directly.
For the avoidance of doubt Nabatea is of course my client state and will remain so. It's change of status was not part of the agreed peace deal though Egypt has agreed to stop gifting her money whilst she is at war with Judea and the Seleucids.
Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Geffalrus »

:x

Oh god not this nonsense again.
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Tell me about it :roll:
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

13obo wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:00 pm You do realise Nabatea is an AI, right? Just asking cuz it doesn't seem so. It's not even controlled by a dog that you can scold, but something that is not living and not able to be influenced in any way apart from changing its inputs, which at the moment are "at war with Judea".
Oh come on, am I the only person who's doing any RP here?
In universe, Nabatea is most certainly not an AI, and we're all acting in-universe here.
Or at least, we should be.
13obo wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:21 pm I get his point that he wants you to break off your protection from them so that he can attack them, but then say that directly instead of demanding Nabatea do this and that when in fact you have no control over them.
That's exactly what I intended, just coached in in-universe terms.
devoncop wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:26 pmIf anyone can advise Egypt how in the name of all that is holy (excuse the pun!) the "Jerusalem incident" is her fault Ptolemy will have gained much needed enlightenment............ :wink:
I have never said it is Egypt's fault. I have said it is Nabatea's fault, and that Nabatea must be punished for this, unless Ptolemy is willing to compensate Judea for her clients unruliness.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Egypt will defend the territorial integrity of Nabatea.

Full stop.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

OK....so Judea has now trashed the agreed treaty and invaded Samaria. Although the Seleucids are besieging Jerusalem this was in accordance with the treaty so Ptolemy will treat them as the innocent party in this outrage.

Egypt now requests immediate peace from the Seleucids and they can retain all lands captured by them if they vacate Jerusalem this turn and allow continued Egyptian ownership.

Judea and Egypt are now irreconcilable without an immediate pullback of Judean troops from Samaria.

As such all Egyptian efforts will go towards redressing this snub.
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

I'm roleplaying a regional superpower that is running out of patience with these shenanigans.

I'm also playing a regional superpower who is wondering why Carthage has a such a large fleet off the coast of Crete?
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Geffalrus wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:18 pm I'm roleplaying a regional superpower that is running out of patience with these shenanigans.

I'm also playing a regional superpower who is wondering why Carthage has a such a large fleet off the coast of Crete?

I am in agreement with both of these points .... :D
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

devoncop wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:07 pm OK....so Judea has now trashed the agreed treaty and invaded Samaria. Although the Seleucids are besieging Jerusalem this was in accordance with the treaty so Ptolemy will treat them as the innocent party in this outrage.

Egypt now requests immediate peace from the Seleucids and they can retain all lands captured by them if they vacate Jerusalem this turn and allow continued Egyptian ownership.

Judea and Egypt are now irreconcilable without an immediate pullback of Judean troops from Samaria.

As such all Egyptian efforts will go towards redressing this snub.
Judea will happily pull back the instant that Ptolemy agrees to not support a repeated treaty-breaker.

Nabatea has repeatedly acted against the treaty, and Judea has stated the simple truism that one cannot break a treaty and expect the other side to keep to it.

As an act of goodwill to Ptolemy, Judea agreed to limit her retaliatory action against Nabatea without even being asked.

Judea has not broken the treaty, Ptolemy has. To support repeated treaty-breaking is no different then breaking the treaty yourself.

Judea will retreat from Nabatea the instant that Ptolemy recognizes this fact and ceases to support the Nabatean treaty-breaking.

Judea is tired of Ptolemaic double-playing. From starting this whole war by breaking an agreement with Judea to capturing Samaria a year before schedule to enabling Nabatean treaty-breaking. If Ptolemy does not wish to act honorably, then why should Judea put up with it?

The moment Ptolemy begins acting honorably, Judea will return to the already agreed-upon peace.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

All negotiations are over with Judea.

We shall see how things end up....
loki100

Post by loki100 »

if either side wishes to hire in some seaborne pillaging I'm sure that something can be arranged .... at a suitable price :twisted:

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”