Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:39 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by Yaitz331 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:59 pm

devoncop wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:21 pm
the disruptive Judeans
I still have no clue what we've done besides defend ourselves against Arabian raids with Ptolemaic approval, get betrayed by Ptolemy, get nearly killed by Ptolemy, have Ptolemy support breaking the peace and then getting angry at us for breaking the peace, and then being denied the right to our holiest city. And then ultimately offering Ptolemy peace despite that.

devoncop
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by devoncop » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:02 pm

Yaitz331 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:59 pm
devoncop wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:21 pm
the disruptive Judeans
I still have no clue what we've done besides defend ourselves against Arabian raids with Ptolemaic approval, get betrayed by Ptolemy, get nearly killed by Ptolemy, have Ptolemy support breaking the peace and then getting angry at us for breaking the peace, and then being denied the right to our holiest city. And then ultimately offering Ptolemy peace despite that.
Invaded Samaria ?

Took Petra from the Nabateans ?

............Need I go on ?

Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:39 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by Yaitz331 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:27 pm

devoncop wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:02 pm
Invaded Samaria ?
After you supported two Nabatean breaches of the treaty AND broke the treaty yourself by taking Samaria a year early.
Took Petra from the Nabateans ?
Um, you declared war on me and expect me not to respond? Once you declare war on me, you've told me I have the right to react. Do you expect attacked nations to just do nothing as the nation who declared war on them invades? What did you expect, once you declared war on me?

devoncop
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by devoncop » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:35 pm

Yaitz331 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:27 pm
devoncop wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:02 pm
Invaded Samaria ?
After you supported two Nabatean breaches of the treaty AND broke the treaty yourself by taking Samaria a year early.
Took Petra from the Nabateans ?
Um, you declared war on me and expect me not to respond? Once you declare war on me, you've told me I have the right to react. Do you expect attacked nations to just do nothing as the nation who declared war on them invades? What did you expect, once you declared war on me?

We shall agree to disagree on the sequencing.

Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:39 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by Yaitz331 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:47 pm

devoncop wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:35 pm
We shall agree to disagree on the sequencing.
Sequencing of what? Do you think I took Petra before you declared war on me? That's literally impossible. You can't take territory from a nation you're not at war with.

Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:39 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by Yaitz331 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:25 am

Ptolemy? I offered you peace. Why are you refusing it? You have repeatedly told me that, if I just offer peace, you would accept. Why are you now blockading Tyre instead?

Have you, for the umpteenth time, overturned our agreements?

Asty
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:13 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by Asty » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:47 pm

Greetings wretched Epirus, king of the goat-herders, malodorous lords of the hinterlands

For too long have you defiled the lands of true Greeks. Your presence in these noble territories offends in the extreme.

Please evacuate your forces henceforth from Corcyra, else the might of Syracuse shallsoon befall you.

massina_nz
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1135
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:12 am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by massina_nz » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:05 am

Asty wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:47 pm
Greetings wretched Epirus, king of the goat-herders, malodorous lords of the hinterlands

For too long have you defiled the lands of true Greeks. Your presence in these noble territories offends in the extreme.

Please evacuate your forces henceforth from Corcyra, else the might of Syracuse shallsoon befall you.
As you wish.

loki100
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1120
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by loki100 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:55 am

can I just ask whether it is still intended to make sections of the eastern med safe for honest pirates who are doing nothing wrong but funding the development of a poor region on the far edge of the map?

SpeedyCM
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:42 am
Location: Australia

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by SpeedyCM » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:50 am

loki100 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:55 am
can I just ask whether it is still intended to make sections of the eastern med safe for honest pirates who are doing nothing wrong but funding the development of a poor region on the far edge of the map?
I hear Rome is rich...

loki100
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1120
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by loki100 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:39 pm

SpeedyCM wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:50 am
loki100 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:55 am
can I just ask whether it is still intended to make sections of the eastern med safe for honest pirates who are doing nothing wrong but funding the development of a poor region on the far edge of the map?
I hear Rome is rich...
I'm always open to being bribed ... 8)

loki100
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1120
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by loki100 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:37 pm

and look who I found floating around near Denmark ...
2019-11-03_183359.jpg
2019-11-03_183359.jpg (159.64 KiB) Viewed 562 times
was wondering why they'd stopped trying to raid me

devoncop
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by devoncop » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:44 pm

Oh God !!

I feel some PTSD coming on ! :cry:

jimwinsor
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 693
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:54 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by jimwinsor » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:48 am

I am resurrecting this long dead thread to announce that the game of which it is the subject of, is now done!

Since this was one of the first post-release PBEM games of FOG:E (if not the first?), it is possible this might be the first ever officially completed PBEM game? Possibly! Anyways, the game has ended, with a Seleucid win on turn 125, via 3-1 ratio:

v1.JPG
v1.JPG (279.61 KiB) Viewed 211 times
The Seleucids (me) ended up with 40 provinces and 198 regions. There were but two active players at the end, Epirus and I, although Saba was there until quite near the end as well. The Seleucids benefited from powerful human neighbors dropping out of the game (first Antigonids, the Ptolemaians) and me just occupying the power vacuum that resulted. My nearest competitor at the end for Legacy was Epirus, and when I reached his border in Greece, I halted my war machine, and opted for a peaceful strategy of getting a 3-1 ratio by internal development only. Which took about 20-30 turns, IIRC.

v2.JPG
v2.JPG (359.53 KiB) Viewed 211 times
I want to thank everyone involved for a great game, especially Devoncop who started it! It was very interesting and enjoyable. Lets see if I can do as well in my Armenia PBEM game ...
Streaming as "Grognerd" on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod
Posts: 1958
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by Pocus » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:43 am

Congratulations, really! Finishing a PBEM is not that common because of drop outs.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

poesel71
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:31 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by poesel71 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:22 pm

Would it be possible (=not too much effort) to add the functionality that you can invite players to running games?
That would be quite nice as these games tend to take a long time.

Alcoolamus
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:37 pm

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by Alcoolamus » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:32 pm

poesel71 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:22 pm
Would it be possible (=not too much effort) to add the functionality that you can invite players to running games?
That would be quite nice as these games tend to take a long time.
Agreed
Also unlocking an achievment for winning (and/or finishing) a MP game could be nice, even though it wouldn't be that useful ;)
One useful thing though would be an in-game private message system. Most players don't use the forums or the Discord, at least in the games I played
(And just a side note, the mail notifications for PBEM don't seem to work very well, I only receive a notification from time to time and missed several turns because of it)

laramieela
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:24 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by laramieela » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:28 am

Pocus wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:43 am
Congratulations, really! Finishing a PBEM is not that common because of drop outs.
I do agree, though I am in two games which are way past the 125 turn with all but on of the original, 12 and 14 players, still going. Finishing a game though, I have not seen this, so very nice to see.
This is a fun and brutal multiplayer game. I am out of more games than in remaining ones.
But so fun.

Post Reply

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”