Steam vs. The Matrix install....

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Gilmer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Steam vs. The Matrix install....

Post by Gilmer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:22 am

One thing I just found out and I find it strange. Both the steam version and the Matrix/Slitherine installed version pull from the same save folder. Will this ever cause any issues, do you think?

Qwixt
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Steam vs. The Matrix install....

Post by Qwixt » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:28 am

That's actually preferable. Generally speaking, most windows games, except quite old ones, save somewhere to their own save folder located under the "documents" folder or "documents\my games" folder. The save format is most likely compatible between the two versions, so there should be no issue.

Gilmer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Gilmer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:54 am

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the answer. :mrgreen:

AndrewGardner
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AndrewGardner » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:07 pm

If you have two installs and you don't keep them on the same version, one issue is that the older version wouldn't be able to open a saved game from the newer version (although the reverse is fine). You would just have to pay attention to which save went with which version, if you were switching back and forth and intentionally keeping them on different versions.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”