Decision conditions not met

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

julianbarker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Decision conditions not met

Post by julianbarker »

It seems that a decision can't be executed unless the conditions for all the options are met. This seems unnecessarily restrictive.

For example, Trade Efficiency - I really don't want to damage relationships with neighbours as almost all of the mare attacking me, but because I don't have $1400 none of the other options I would like to use are available to me. What is the logic for this restriction? It means I need to have $1400 to spend $500 or $700.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Decision conditions not met

Post by devoncop »

julianbarker wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:22 pm It seems that a decision can't be executed unless the conditions for all the options are met. This seems unnecessarily restrictive.

For example, Trade Efficiency - I really don't want to damage relationships with neighbours as almost all of the mare attacking me, but because I don't have $1400 none of the other options I would like to use are available to me. What is the logic for this restriction? It means I need to have $1400 to spend $500 or $700.
Those decisions are all optional ....if you don't like the choices you can afford just click on the top right and dismiss the decision.

I do wonder about a couple of decisions in my Dacian game though which revolve around an expedition to a far flung region whose name escapes me and to benefit I seem to need to have a unit in this region....the problem is I have no idea where this is or how to find it !
Jagger2002
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Jagger2002 »

I am playing Dacians as well. I understand needing a unit in the region to click the option but not how I am suppose to get a unit to the location. If I had a navy, maybe I could sail someone offshore if they don't starve, so I guess possible. The ones in the interior of Africa puzzle me though. Am I suppose to fight my way there, conquering regions each step of the way with my Dacians? Apparently they are suppose to be very difficult expeditions but I just don't see how I could get into the interior to Africa.

Also there is a search button with a magnifying glass above the bottom right panel. If you click it, you can type in the name of a province and it will take you there.
julianbarker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by julianbarker »

devoncop wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:33 pm
julianbarker wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:22 pm It seems that a decision can't be executed unless the conditions for all the options are met. This seems unnecessarily restrictive.

Those decisions are all optional ....if you don't like the choices you can afford just click on the top right and dismiss the decision.

I do wonder about a couple of decisions in my Dacian game though which revolve around an expedition to a far flung region whose name escapes me and to benefit I seem to need to have a unit in this region....the problem is I have no idea where this is or how to find it !
My option is to pay $500 or $700 for the advantages offered, but I cant because there is a more extreme option (which I don't want) that costs $1400. Why?
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

You can find any region with the region finder, at the right hand side of the screen (ctrl-f is the shortcut)

Because of some code limitation, the conditions to activate a decision are common to all choices. So we had to "take an average here". ie. if a choice costs 0 and another costs 1000 money, then probably in the conditions we have added you needed 500 or 750 money, just so that in case you take the costly decision, you are not too much in the red.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”