Woa, devs, this cannot possibly be intended!

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Beorn
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Woa, devs, this cannot possibly be intended!

Post by Beorn »

Playing as Rome, I stationed an army in my ally Helvitii's province, Alpes. During the turn, our mutual enemy Celticii attacked, and my army won.

After the turn's resolution, I now own Alpes. The log shows two messages:
A battle has been fought in Alpes between Celticii and Rome.
We conquered Alpes from the hands of the Celticii.

It is problematic enough that you cannot send troops to wage offensive war for your ally (unless you want to suddenly own farflung territory). But if you cannot send troops to help them defend...

Also, this means that if one of my regions were attacked while an ally's army were there, the ally could end up with my region?
Gilmer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Woa, devs, this cannot possibly be intended!

Post by Gilmer »

I could be wrong, but it seems that it might be that the enemy conquered it from the ally first and then you conquered it from the enemy. Based on my viewing of certain things in my game, I could easily see this happening.
jimwinsor
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by jimwinsor »

Out of curiosity, did Alpes spawn any Urban Militia defenders for your ally when the enemy moved in? Or were you completely by yourself in defense?
Streaming as "Grognerd" on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd
kvnrthr
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by kvnrthr »

Province ownership is the first thing that needs to be fixed. I don't want random pieces of territory! I want my allies to have viable borders!
Beorn
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Beorn »

KurtC wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:53 am I could be wrong, but it seems that it might be that the enemy conquered it from the ally first and then you conquered it from the enemy. Based on my viewing of certain things in my game, I could easily see this happening.
I don't think so, because 1) I see all of my ally's battles so I would have seen the defeat, and 2) How could the enemy conquer a region that I had a substantial army in?
Beorn
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Beorn »

jimwinsor wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:12 am Out of curiosity, did Alpes spawn any Urban Militia defenders for your ally when the enemy moved in? Or were you completely by yourself in defense?
I do not think so. But with a frontage of only 3, I was only noticing my front three units. It is conceivable that there were some allied back line troops that I did not notice.
Gilmer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Gilmer »

Beorn wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:43 am
KurtC wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:53 am I could be wrong, but it seems that it might be that the enemy conquered it from the ally first and then you conquered it from the enemy. Based on my viewing of certain things in my game, I could easily see this happening.
I don't think so, because 1) I see all of my ally's battles so I would have seen the defeat, and 2) How could the enemy conquer a region that I had a substantial army in?
I totally agree, either way, that should not happen.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

I've put it on the list for investigation. Is it possible your army arrived after the territory was captured or was it stationary and already there before the end of the turn?
PDiFolco
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by PDiFolco »

Province ownership/capture is a bit broken IMHO..
There should be a 1 turn delay before ownership change, this alone will fix many issues with wars and alliances.
For example when fighting barbs you could trash them then go back home without having their sh#tty province added to your glorious empire😁
Beorn
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Beorn »

IainMcNeil wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:01 pm I've put it on the list for investigation. Is it possible your army arrived after the territory was captured or was it stationary and already there before the end of the turn?
It was stationary, already there prior to that turn.

(I have saved games if you want to look at them.)
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

If you have the turn before this transfer, then please send it to pocus@ageod.net
Be sure to reference this thread and your forum nickname, if that's not obvious from your email, thanks.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Thanks for the saved game. The bug has been found and fixed :)
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
Batman6794
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Batman6794 »

PDiFolco wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:05 pm Province ownership/capture is a bit broken IMHO..
There should be a 1 turn delay before ownership change, this alone will fix many issues with wars and alliances.
For example when fighting barbs you could trash them then go back home without having their sh#tty province added to your glorious empire😁
Yes. This would be excellent. Or perhaps a "Punative Raid" option in addition to assault, in which your army would march in to burn and destroy to weaken an empire and discourage their aggression without having to assume responsibility for managing the region.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”