Ptolemaic Egypt Elephants

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Lukew
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Ptolemaic Egypt Elephants

Post by Lukew » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:37 am

How does Egypt acquire elephants? As I understand ut elephants are recruitable as provincial units but I have no idea which province allows this

LDiCesare
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Ptolemaic Egypt Elephants

Post by LDiCesare » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:59 am

There are non provincial elephants you can recruit if you build a building, something like Castrum Elephantorum
Otherwise provincial elephants are more near Carthage than Egypt, or maybe in the south?

Lukew

Post by Lukew » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:03 am

I'll look into that. Does Egypt have the Castrum Elephantorium and, if so, how does it fit into the tech tree. Do I need to be at a certain level of civilization pr di I just need certain buildings?

Or can I acquire elephants through trade?

goodwoodrw
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by goodwoodrw » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:15 am

No I don't think so

devoncop
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by devoncop » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:41 am

Lukew wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:03 am
I'll look into that. Does Egypt have the Castrum Elephantorium and, if so, how does it fit into the tech tree. Do I need to be at a certain level of civilization pr di I just need certain buildings?

You cannot just trade for elephants like is possible in Imperator Rome.

The Elephant training facility is a building in the military branch (coloured red) available to certain nations but you need to get to the second level of development so you need sufficient level one military buildings to start getting level 2 options of which the Elephant training facility is one.

Lukew

Post by Lukew » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:21 pm

Maybe trading for elephants should be an option but only for those empires that had them eg Diadochi. However if that were implemented it should be costly :D

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:13 pm

You should be able to recruit elephants in Coptos and Nubia, if you are PTO and have a Castrum Elephantidae there.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

loki100
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by loki100 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:18 pm

devoncop wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:41 am
Lukew wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:03 am

You cannot just trade for elephants like is possible in Imperator Rome.

The Elephant training facility is a building in the military branch (coloured red) available to certain nations but you need to get to the second level of development so you need sufficient level one military buildings to start getting level 2 options of which the Elephant training facility is one.
its a bit messier than that.

Issus has an odd trait (whether as a region or as part of a province) that any Hellene power can recruit Elephants there, may actually be any power as I vaguelly recall adding Elephants to my Armenia army after capturing it (but that may not be the case as it was an old beta test). Key is the elephant building is not needed - all it does is give an experience boost on recruitment.

vakarr
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by vakarr » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:14 am

Yes I was able to build elephants in the Cilicia province after conquering that region as Lysimachids, don't need a special building for it

Elephants should have a siege factor by the way, they were very helpful to have in siege, for carrying things around, building things, and knocking down doors

richard89
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by richard89 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:53 am

I have a somewhat related question; im pretty far in a game as Epirus but I havent seen the castrum elephantidae as a building option (needed for the free elephant unit from the nation trait if im not mistaken). I'm guessing its only buildable in specific regions?

loki100
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by loki100 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:33 am

richard89 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:53 am
I have a somewhat related question; im pretty far in a game as Epirus but I havent seen the castrum elephantidae as a building option (needed for the free elephant unit from the nation trait if im not mistaken). I'm guessing its only buildable in specific regions?
unfortunately was missing from 1.2 - I noticed this too. Best advice for your elephant fix is to take Issus ....

Vadim84
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Vadim84 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:24 pm

Pocus wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:13 pm
You should be able to recruit elephants in Coptos and Nubia, if you are PTO and have a Castrum Elephantidae there.

Hello, I built a Castrum Elephantidae 8-10 turns ago in Coptos and I do not see any elephant, whether it is on the main map or the recruit unit panel.
The panel itself is full, with a few options in red (phalanx, etc) because I can not get them but, helas, no elephant. I was wondering if, to avoid elephants spamming and to simulate the fact that they were not necessarily all over the battlefields, I will just get the option to recruit one elephant unit from time to time, however, so far, nothing.
Is it a bug ? Should I disband some other buildings to clean the unit panel? Screenshots needed?

Thank you

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:14 am

Seems weird, can you send me your saved game to support@slitherine.co.uk ? Please link this thread URL and say it is for Pocus, thanks!

vaalen
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by vaalen » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:41 pm

Pocus wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:13 pm
You should be able to recruit elephants in Coptos and Nubia, if you are PTO and have a Castrum Elephantum there.
As Judea, i captured Tyre and got the choice of building a Castrum Elephantum there. I have recruited a number of elephants there once that building was completed.

Vadim84
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Vadim84 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:38 am

Pocus wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:14 am
Seems weird, can you send me your saved game to support@slitherine.co.uk ? Please link this thread URL and say it is for Pocus, thanks!
Ok, done ! Just let me know if you can fix it or not, I want to give Lysimach a try so I could stop PTO for a while. Or I just keep playing without Coptos elephant, that s fine as well. I just sarted a war with Macedonnia.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:34 am

Can you resend, I have no pending saved game from support

Vadim84
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Vadim84 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:56 am

Oh, really ? Just to be sure, save files are .lsf in doc/mygames/ffgempire/saves, right ?
I did send something with a few .lsf files on the 12, email title was FOR POCUS Field of Glory Empires : PTO elephant bug, your email ad worked so Slitherine should have it.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:35 pm

Can you send it again to Support? Sorry for the hassle.

Vadim84
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Vadim84 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:07 pm

Ok, actually perhaps the last email was too big so I zipped everything and it seems to work. Havent receive any negative feedback from gmail or slitherine s ad, should be ok.

Ok, confirmed, just got this : " Your request has been received and a new ticket #2019091710000283 has been generated "

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:44 pm

I got the save, but a few days after the patch was closed for content, so the fix won't be in 1.04 alas. It is easy to do should you encounter the issue though. There is also always the choice to go down to Abyssinia for southern elephants (provincial)

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”