Ptolemaic Egypt Elephants

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

13obo
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Re: Ptolemaic Egypt Elephants

Post by 13obo » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:29 pm

Pocus wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:44 pm
I got the save, but a few days after the patch was closed for content, so the fix won't be in 1.04 alas...
Am I interpreting your statement right when I assume that 1.04 should be due imminently as all the content for it is finalised? Perhaps this week? Sorry... It's just there's this MP game that is really close!

Vadim84
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Vadim84 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:37 am

I actually already control Abyssinia but same problem, I can not see any elephant in the recruit panel (avalaible or in red, cf screenshot I am trying to attach). Perhaps I should form the province and then they appear but I dont think so.
Attachments
Screen_00000004.jpg
Screen_00000004.jpg (438.89 KiB) Viewed 153 times

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:27 pm

Yes, provincial Abyssinian elephants will be available.

The fix is not in the current patch for Egypt for the rest, sorry. I can tell you what is the file you can edit, but you can't do that if you are playing any MP game.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

franciscus
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by franciscus » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:59 pm

I don’t play MP, could you point me to the file that needs to be edited ? 8)

Regards

Vadim84
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Vadim84 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:40 pm

I dont play MP so you could tell me how to do and I could try to fix it manually. A few feedbacks about 1.04 : money was indeed "too easy" before and I am totally fine with the changes, I actually welcome them. But it sorts of screw up my current Carthaginian campaign (turn 76, exported almost every battel so it took ages) as I run out of cash in 3 turns no matter what and then the random disbanding start. Which means that I lose one of my main 3 armies in 5 to 6 turns, which...kills the vibe. So I like it and dislike it at the same time, and I will try now a Seleukos campaign (seems after 5 turns that I need to get old/decadent, perhaps a civil war, dont see how I could avoid it).
Wont download the next patch before I finish my current game. Might restart PTO after the elephant fix.

Again, thank you for the good work.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:28 pm

Yes the money change can be a bit of a problem for ongoing game admittedly...

As for the fix for elephants not being easily enough recruitable, after some thoughts some simplification was in order on their area of recruitment, as anyway a given nation can only have a single type of elephants, so no abuse is really possible. So, to sum up, we will be combining the 2 recruitment area in a single one:

open \AEP_DATA\Data\areas.csv

go to line 200, ID_AEA_RECRUIT_ELEPHANTIDAE_BOTH
copy G200, which is listing a series of regions
paste it to lines G198 and G199

that's it, we combined the areas, and you are modders :D
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”